|Location||20 km north of Perugia.|
A medieval defense tower turned into a luxury country house.
|Prices||€ 3300 - 7400 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Dominating a suggestive valley
This is one of the most exclusive private country estates in Italy owned by the same family for generations. The estate with its castle lies in the heart of Umbria. It dominates the suggestive valley of Monte Tezio and it is located only 20 km from Perugia and 15 km from Lago Trasimeno. With its 18000 acres of immaculate woods, valleys, lakes and rivers, it is the perfect place for a relaxing and private holiday providing a degree of comfort and elegance that it is difficult to surpass. This haven of tranquility is the perfect setting for those who seek a holiday retreat from their frenetic lifestyles and an escape to something more spiritual and calm, enjoying the luxuries of time out and privacy, yet backed by a five-star service and by the facilities and commodities of the nearby luxury golf resort, complete with 18 hole golf course, club and restaurant. Four spectacular villas (Torre nel Verde offered here, Villa nel Verde, Villa San Salvo and Serenata / all featured in our portfolio) have just been restored to offer guests the possibility to explore and live Umbria and fully enjoy the charm of the Umbrian countryside. The important towns in Umbria are Perugia, Spoleto, Todi, Gubbio, Norcia, Assisi and Orvieto, and they are all in daytrip distance.
Torre nel Verde is an exclusive and luxury villa which has just been rebuilt on the ruins of a medieval tower of this ancient estate. The tower was originally built in a strategic position on the top of a hill overlooking the valley of Monte Tezio and an ancient castle. The tower enjoys a superb position with amazing and stunning views across the immaculate countryside with its secular olive trees and green valleys. This idyllic and rustic scene has changed little since the XII century when it was originally built. This luxury tower is set on the top of a rolling Umbrian hill offering a peaceful atmosphere, breathtaking views and surely one of the most enjoyable retreats in Umbria yet backed by a discreet five-star service and by the facilities and commodities of a five-star luxury resort.
Torre nel Verde can accommodate 6 guests (plus eventually one child) in 3 immaculately decorated rooms with en suite bathrooms all furnished in soft colors with stunning views across the nature reserve. All bedrooms and sitting rooms are blessed with uplifting Umbrian sunlight flooding in trough the windows. The ground floor is divided as following: there is a charming and comfortable living room which leads onto the open space dining room with French windows on the terrace and the garden of the villa. Right behind the dining room there is a well equipped kitchen. The living room can comfortably seat 8 people on the most relaxing and soft sofas.
The extensive private grounds surrounding Torre nel Verde provide privacy, as well as making it ideal for walkers and nature lovers, wishing to explore the surrounding woodland and nature reserve. Guests can swim in the superb infinity pool, drink a glass of wine on the stunning roof terrace, enjoy a romantic candle lighted dinner prepared by our chef on the terraces of the villa and then sleep deeply in over-sized beds among the finest soft cottons.
The 18 holes championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr, with golf clubhouse and restaurant facilities in the same estate is located at only 4 minutes from the villa, accessible also with golf cart through a private path across the nature reserve. Guests have discounts on the golf green fees and at the clubhouse restaurant.
The property is in a rural location, on the top of a hill (600 meter above sea level) within a country estate, which is a large Umbrian active agricultural farm. The access road to the property is a long and occasionally steep private white gravel road, not suitable for sports cars or any other low-height car. We would recommend the use of a 4 wheel drive car.
Torre nel Verde 6
King size double bedroom
En suite bathroom (shower)
Bedroom with 2 bunk beds (sleeps 4)
En suite bathroom (shower)
King sized double bedroom with steps leading up to the roof terrace
En suite bathroom
Private infinity pool (6 x 15 m), terrace with comfortable sofas and chairs, outdoor dining terrace, barbecue
Weekly rates in €
|Torre nel Verde||13 Jan 2018 - 24 Mar 2018
03 Nov 2018 - 22 Dec 2018
|07 Apr 2018 - 26 May 2018
29 Sep 2018 - 03 Nov 2018
|24 Mar 2018 - 07 Apr 2018
26 May 2018 - 23 Jun 2018
01 Sep 2018 - 29 Sep 2018
22 Dec 2019 - 12 Jan 2019
|23 Jun 2018 - 01 Sep 2018
Torre nel Verde
6 PAX 6
|3300 EUR €||4300 EUR €||5200 EUR €||7400 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingTorre nel Verde|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday.
Pool size: 15 x 6 m / salt water pool / opening dates: mid May - end of September. One pool towel per person is included.
Pool heating is not included and it is based upon consumption. Prices can vary between EUR 130 - 250 per day depending on outside temperatures.
Baby bed with linen and high chair available. Baby bed can be booked for children up to their 4th birthday.
Extra services available only on request (domestic help, first shopping, chef, cooking classes, wine tastings and excursions, trainer and therapist), to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning, washing and ironing): EUR 20 plus VAT per hour.
- First shopping: Guests may send a list of first shopping a week before the arrival and they will find the shop stored in the kitchen on their arrival. The cost of service is: EUR 50 plus VAT per hour (+ the cost of shopping).
- Chef at your villa: Romantic dinner by the pool, moonlight barbecue, special moments to celebrate… Local Italian and Umbrian cuisine, freshly prepared for you in your villa by the chefs of the Estate restaurant. Please ask for choice of menus.
- Cooking classes: Cooking classes can be held, upon request, in the villas kitchen for a minimum of 4 persons. The courses are available anytime during your stay and can be organized for individuals or groups in either English or Italian language. Please request a quote at the time of your booking.
- Wine tastings and excursions: Wine tasting sessions, organised in conjuction with the very best wineries of the area, can be organised for groups of 4 persons or more at the Golf clubhouse restaurant. The estate also organises tours to the various vineyards and cellars of the most important wineries in Umbria, such as Montefalco, Sagrantino and others. Please request a quote at the time of your booking.
- Trainer and Therapist: An experienced Physical Instructor and Therapist has designed personalized-programs to assist people of all ages, helping in preventing injury and to improve their athletic condition. From this season onwards the estate will offer all our guests a wide range of programs that can be held at the Golf clubhouse or if requested in the garden of the villas, indoors or outdoors: - Shoulder, Hip, Knee, Lower Back and Upper Back 'Injury Prevention Programme' - Postural Training - Massage Therapy - Personal Training - Golf-Fitness-Program. Please request a quote at the time of your booking.
Security deposit, heating, wood for fireplace to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: Upon arrival guests are asked to give a credit card number as guarantee for any damage or breakage which may occur during the stay.
Heating (if required): metered.
Please be aware that central heating is very expensive in Italy. The average cost for one week in winter varies according to the outdoor temperature and the amount of time the heating is turned on. In mid season the cost is accordingly lower. Approx. 6-8 hours of heating/day amount to EUR 200 per week.
- Wood for fireplace: EUR 15 plus VAT per basket.
- Baby bed: EUR 15 per week.
- Pet allowed upon request when booking.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, water, electricity, gas, air conditioning, Internet WIFI connection, maid service (6 times a week from Monday to Saturday, the maid will clean the bathrooms, bedrooms and kitchen), final cleaning, pool cleaning service all included in the price. Should you have rented the accommodation for more than 1 week, the house will be cleaned on Saturdays and the linen will be changed. Our guests are granted a 20% discount on the green fees of the golf course.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.