The lake just in front of the door
Villa Meridiana is an elegant lakefront property located on the west bank of Upper Lake Como, only 10 km north of Menaggio. The villa is surrounded by a single-level garden, which ends just a few meters from the edge of the lake. A large terrace offers breathtaking views of the lake and the surrounding mountains.
The villa has a swimming pool with transparent walls and a retractable roof. Thus the temperature can be mantained at a pleasant temperature even in the evening. The pool is heated by means of solar panels.
The villa has solid architecture and its classical furnishing creates a warm and welcoming atmosfere. The ground floor includes a large living room that leads to an ample dining room, both with beautiful lake views. Furthermore there is a fully equipped professional kitchen and a games room quipped with table tennis, a sofa and a variety of toys for children of all ages.
The eight bedrooms are located on the first floor of the villa. Two bedrooms have access to a balcony with lake view. Six bedrooms have air conditioning.
Villa Meridiana is an ideal choice for both large family gatherings and reunions with friends who would like a holiday on beautiful Lake Como, in a unique setting: right on the lakeshore, and just a few meters from the public beach (there are no private beaches in Italy). The gravel beach is just 20 m from the property, where guests can enjoy a swim in the lake. A public pedestrian path runs along the shore between the lake and the property, and it is possible to walk along the lake promenade for several kilometres! A small harbour is within easy reach of the property. The villa is also perfect for guests who enjoy sailing as it has a buoy for mooring a boat.
A village with a pizzeria, bank and post office is just 600 metres from the property, a grocery store is 2 km away. Several restaurants with lake views are in walking distance. Boating, sailing, windsurfing, hiking, golfing, tennis, mountain biking and horseback riding are available in the area. The nearby Menaggio has a ferry dock with connections to Bellagio, known as the “pearl of the lake,” and Varenna, with its brightly painted houses. Villa Carlotta, one of the most beautiful villas on the Lake with its botanic gardens and art treasures, is 20 minutes away in Tremezzo.
Our Guests Reviews
Perfect family holiday!
Left on Sep 4, 2018 for a stay in Aug 2018
Wonderful location, stunning views with great local amenities. Incredibly helpful rep, with excellent ideas and brilliant local chef.
Hello Ute, Bettina,
Thank you so much! We really fell in love with Villa Meridiana, the view, the service, everything. Thank you again for allowing us to have such a memorable vacation!
D. Militaru, October 2016
HoLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5 x 8m / indoor-outdoor pool
- Heated pool
- Air conditioning in all double bedrooms and the twin bedroom
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Washing machine
- Fridge with freezer
- 4 ring gas hob
- Coffee maker
- Food processor
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- Sun patio with panoramic view
- Barbecue grill
- 16 sunloungers
- Table tennis
- Several toys for children from 0 to 8 years
- Buoy available just in front of the villa
- Parking for 6 cars
- Deposit for your own sailboard or your own bicycle (no possibility to close the deposit)
On the ground floor there is a bathroom suitable for a wheelchair. A room on the ground floor could be arranged as a single or double bedroom, seperated by curtains from the living room. Please note that the use of the bathroom and bedroom must be requested when booking.
Nearest beach 20 m
Tennis court 200 m
Next village with grocery shops 600 m
Pizzeria 3 km
Menaggio (ferry) 10 km
Lugano 35 km
Como 45 km
Milan 94 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: motorboat for hire Menaggio 6 km, windsurf Menaggio, water skiing Lezzeno, bicycle for hire Menaggio, golf club Menaggio, riding stables Colico.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake. Bikes can be rented in Dongo and in Menaggio.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
Nearby is a museum of boats which is open to the public from Friday to Sunday (afternoon, 2pm-6pm). During the other days of the week, the museum can be visited only by appointment. Our guests staying at the villa will have reduced entrance tickets.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- Living room with sofas, satellite TV, and Internet area; 8 French doors open onto panoramic terrace 350 sqm with lake view
- Fully appointed kitchen
- Large dining room with table for 14
- Game room for children (can be transformed as bedroom for 2 people on request)
- 1 bathroom with shower and facilities for people with wheelchair
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
- 2 guest toilets
- 5 air-conditioned double bedrooms (indivisible queen-sized beds), each with its own bathroom (4 with shower/1 with tub)
- 2 single rooms (not air-conditioned), adjoining two of the doubles, best for children (access to bathroom requires guests in one room to walk through the other); one room has access to a balcony with lake view.
- 1 air-conditioned small twin bedroom, best for children or nanny
- Lakefront property, just a few meters from the beach
- Large terrace (45 x 8 m)
- Pool with transparent walls and retractable roof
- Private parking area for 6 cars
- The village (all shops) is about 600 meters from the property.
- A pedestrian path runs along the shore between the lake and the property. For this reason privacy outside could be limited (specially during July and August) as the lakefront has public access. This is not an isolated property.
27 Aug 2022 - 01 Jan 2023
8990 EUR €
12400 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Meridiana||01 Jan 2022 - 28 May 2022
27 Aug 2022 - 01 Jan 2023
|28 May 2022 - 27 Aug 2022
12+4 PAX 12
|8990 EUR €||12400 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Meridiana|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Guest relations available throughout the stay at the villa. Highly personalized one-of-a-kind experiences for the guests organized by our in-house concierge.
- Welcome drink and fresh flowers
- Buffet “Welcome Dinner“ provided on arrival night
- Daily cleaning service (from Monday to Saturday - public holidays excluded)
- Daily change of towels (except Sunday and public holidays) and twice weekly change of bed linen
- Luxury bath products (Hermès - Eau d'Orange Verte)
- Electricity, air conditioning in the double bedrooms, heating
- Pool heating from 14th May to 17th September
- Internet WIFI connection
- Pets allowed: free of charge. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Pool heating for the time frames 1st January - 14th May 2022 and 17th September 2022 - 1st January 2023 has to be requested prior arrival: see price information below.
- Four additionals beds if maximum capacity PAX 12 is exceeded: EUR 400 per person per week
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX 12 is exceeded: EUR 100 per week
EUR 1000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service for lunch or dinners during your stay: EUR 300 per meal, plus cost of food
- Butler service: EUR 350 per day
- Catered dinners
- Pool heating for the time frames 1st January - 14th May 2022 and 17th September 2022 - 1st January 2023: EUR 5 per hour. Please note: In order to reach the minimum water temperature of 25°C, it is necessary to turn on the heater 24 hours before the guests’ arrival during mild weather. If the weather is colder, the minimum necessary heating time is 48-72 hours. Once the minimum temperature is reached, a minimum 4 hours per day of heating is required to maintain the temperature. The pre-heating time and minimum heating time are due to charge during the above mentioned time frames.
- Extra housekeeping: EUR 18 per hour/per staff member (EUR 22 per hour/per staff member on Sunday and public holidays)
- Personal laundry service: EUR 18 per hour
- Transfer to / from airports
Please note that the above mentioned extra services and respective rates are estimated and are subject to possible change without further notice.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: April to October
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
A spacious lakefront villa
- Sleeps 12/14 Guests
- Bedrooms 6/7 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 6 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 500 m2 m2
Spacious 19th-century villa in a romantic setting
- Sleeps 16+4 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 8+2 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 500 m2 m2