A glamorous place
This outstanding 19th century villa is set on five acres of private gardens with a swimming pool, a tennis court, superb lake views and a private mooring in front of the villa. Villa Camilla faces southeast, halfway up the lake, providing a superb view of the three arms of Lake Como and the beautiful mountains across the lake. The large garden has well-kept lawns, ancient sequoias, cedars, oaks, magnolias and palms.
A road runs right along the shore of Lake Como in this area, so the villa is not directly on the lake, but is directly across the road from the lake and across from the private landing. A gate and sweeping lawns lead from the lake road up to the villa.
The interior of the villa is spacious, with shining floors and a sweeping staircase connecting the floors. Recently restored, Villa Camilla maintains its traditional atmosphere. Each bedroom has its own modern bathroom. It sleeps 16 people; two or eventually four extra beds may be available additionally.
Enter the villa into a grand foyer that will make you feel as if you’ve gone back in time. The living room is large and bright, with a fireplace and plenty of comfortable seating. A dining table sits by doors that take you into the outside space. Children will love the spacious playroom with a table tennis table and table football. Also on the ground floor is a double en suite bedroom, designed for guests with restricted mobility (available on special request).
Over the further three floors are another eight double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. All are large, bright and furnished with the attention to detail and style. Three of the en suite bathrooms also feature Jacuzzi-style bathtubs for ultimate relaxation. Also offering you the chance to unwind is a games room with billiards table and wonderful lake views from its numerous large windows.
A separate annexe a few metres from the villa can accommodate an additional two guests with a simply styled double bedroom and bathroom.
Villa Camilla is lovely for large groups and weddings because of its size and romantic setting. It is also great for family reunions and groups of friends. All of the king beds can be separated into twins, making this villa totally flexible for couples or singles in any combination.
Larger groups can rent Villa Camilla with the adjacent property La Dolce (also featured in our portfolio). Rented together the properties can accommodate up to a total of 28 guests.
Villa Camilla is an ideal location for relaxing or taking day trips around the lake, into the mountains, southern Switzerland, Como or Milan. Bicycle rentals, motorboat rentals, waterskiing and pitch-and-putt are available in Menaggio, 10 minutes away. Windsurfing is available in Menaggio, Colico and Cremia. In Menaggio you can also catch a boat or hydrofoil to take you up and down the lake between Switzerland and Como, or across to Varenna or Bellagio. There are several golf courses in the area; the closest is just 20 minutes away. Horseback riding facilities also are within 20 minutes.
Our Guests Reviews
Luxury on Lake Como
Left on Oct 8, 2017 for a stay in Aug 2017
Nestled on the edge of Lake Como with everything you could wish for. A warm welcome, an amazing chef, luxurious rooms, great swimming pool, lovely gardens, tennis and your own private jetty to tie up your rental boat. We had the most amazing week here in august, boating around the lake popping into restaurants, visiting Villas and just diving into the surprisingly warm lake. The villa is adorned with wonderful paintings and furniture and is comfortable and homely. We had a fantastic time, thank you to all the staff.
I hope you are well. We booked Villa Camilla last year for our sales conference. It was such a success that we have decided to go back to Lake Como! Please let me know what you have available. Thanks and kind regards,
M. Kemp, March 2009
HoLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool 5 x 8m
- Heated pool
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms, the main living room and dining room
- Internet WIFI connection
- Billiard table
- Ping pong table
- Satellite TV
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing mashine and dryer
- Tennis court (cement) approx. 150 m from the villa
- Private jetty on the pebbled lake shore with buoy
San Siro 1 km
Menaggio (ferry) 5 km
Como 30 km
Milan 60 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: motorboat for hire Menaggio 6 km, windsurf Menaggio, water skiing Lezzeno, bicycle for hire Menaggio, golf club Menaggio, riding stables Colico.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake. Bikes can be rented in Dongo and in Menaggio.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- Large foyer
- Living room with open fireplace and doors opening onto the lawn with views of the lake
- Formal dining room
- Large kitchen
- Guest toilet
- Spacious (85 sqm) play room/closed veranda with table tennis, table-football, fireplace
- Upon request and at extra charge a double bedroom with bathroom (shower) is available at the ground floor (the window of this bedroom opens to the play room).
First floor (3 bedrooms, 3 baths; sleeps 6):
- Yellow king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
- Pink king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
- Ivory king bedroom with views overlooking the rear park and en suite bathroom (bathtub)
Second floor (2 bedrooms, 2 baths; sleeps 4):
- Pink king bedroom with views overlooking the lake and bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
- Ivory king bedroom with bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
- Game room with billiard table and stunning lake view
Third floor (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms; sleeps 6):
- Light blue king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
- Orange king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
- Green king bedroom with garden view and en suite bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
- Two additional beds might be placed in the bedrooms of this floor (to be requested upon booking).
- This level was once the servants' quarters, the furnishings and layout are less elegant than the other floors.
Dependance (sleeps 2):
- A small and simply furnished ground-floor bedroom with private bathroom is located a few metres from the villa which is available for additional guests (to be requested upon booking). It is not air-conditioned but is ideal for someone who can walk up only a partial flight of stairs, since there is no elevator in Villa Camilla.
- Large garden
- Private tennis court
- Landing stage and buoy on the shore
27 Aug 2022 - 01 Jan 2023
27200 EUR €
32000 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Camilla||01 Jan 2022 - 28 May 2022
27 Aug 2022 - 01 Jan 2023
|28 May 2022 - 27 Aug 2022
16+4 PAX 20
|27200 EUR €||32000 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Camilla|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Guest relations available throughout the stay at the villa. Highly personalized one-of-a-kind experiences for the guests organized by our in-house concierge.
- Welcome drink and fresh flowers
- Buffet “Welcome Dinner “ provided on arrival (up to 20 people only)
- Cook service for dinner (food and beverages not included)
- The cook will also buy all the necessary food which is to be paid for directly in cash at the end of the stay. An amount of EUR 1500 is to be paid upon arrival as a deposit. The chef will be available to the guests throughout their stay at the villa.
- Daily Continental Breakfast service (bread, marmalade, butter, tea, milk, coffee, croissant, cereals, cheese, ham)
- Daily maid service (3 hours, 3 ladies in the morning from Monday to Saturday)
- Bed linens changed twice a week (on Tuesdays and Saturdays)
- Bath linens changed daily (except Sunday and on public holidays)
- Luxury bath products (Hermès – Eau d’Orange Verte) - daily replenishment
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Electricity, air conditioning, heating
- Pool heating from 14th May to 17th September
- Use of the tennis court
- Private dock with access to the lake
- Private Jetty with buoy
- Extra beds to be requested when booking
- Baby bed and high chair
- Pet allowed: free of charge. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Standard buffet dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Cook service for dinners: during your stay from Monday to Friday cook service is included consisting in a dinner with service. The cook service includes: the shopping time, the preparation of the meal, the service at table, the cleaning of the kitchen. The cost of the groceries (food items) is not included (the guests must provide the cook with money to buy food as the cook will not advance money for the guests).
- Mandatory advance payment for food for dinners: for the first grocery shopping which the guests will find in the house EUR 1500 in cash is due upon arrival. Please note that when the EUR 1500 food deposit is finished, the client must provide the cook with extra money to buy food. The cook will not advance money for the guests.
- Pool heating for the time frames 1st January - 14th May 2022 and 17th September 2022 - 1st January 2023: EUR has to be requested prior arrival: see price information below.
POSSIBILITY OF 4 ADDITIONAL BEDS (FOR A TOTAL OF MAX. 20 PEOPLE) TO BE REQUESTED WHEN BOOKING:
- Opening of a studio on the ground floor of the villa with double sofabed if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded, only available on request when booking.
- Opening of a small and simply furnished dependence with 1 double bedroom and 1 bathroom with shower (located at few metres from the villa) if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded, only available on request when booking.
EUR 3000 cash deposit or via credit card are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Max. 2 extra beds for children: EUR 400 per bed per week
- Pool heating for the time frames 1st January - 14th May 2022 and 17th September 2022 - 1st January 2023: EUR 5 per hour. Please note: In order to reach the minimum water temperature of 25°C, it is necessary to turn on the heater 24 hours before the guests’ arrival during mild weather. If the weather is colder, the minimum necessary heating time is 48-72 hours. Once the minimum temperature is reached, a minimum 4 hours per day of heating is required to maintain the temperature. The pre-heating time and minimum heating time are due to charge during the above mentioned time frames.
- Extra housekeeping: EUR 18 per hour/per staff member (EUR 22 per hour/per staff member on Sunday and public holidays)
- Cook service for lunch: EUR 250 per meal, plus cost of food
- Personal laundry service: EUR 18 per hour
- Butler service: EUR 350 per day
- Transfer to / from airports
Please note that the above mentioned extra services and respective rates are estimated and are subject to possible change without further notice.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: April to October
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
Historic lakefront villa on the shore, close to the famous Hotel Villa d'Este, walk to the village!
- Sleeps 16+1 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 (+1) Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 600 m2 m2
Historic villa on the shore, a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza
- Sleeps 16+1/23 Guests
- Bedrooms 8/11 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7/9 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 3600 m2 m2