Just 1 km from the west shore of Lake Como and the village of San Siro.
19th-century villa with gardens, tennis court, pool and superb views.
|Prices||€ 18000 - 27000 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
A glamorous place
This outstanding 19th century villa is set on five acres of private gardens with a swimming pool, a tennis court, superb lake views and, on request, a private mooring (at additional cost) at the San Siro harbor. The villa faces southeast, halfway up the lake, providing a superb view of the three arms of Lake Como and the beautiful mountains across the lake. The large garden has well-kept lawns, ancient sequoias, cedars, oaks, magnolias and palms. A road runs right along the shore of Lake Como in this area, so the villa is not directly on the lake, but is directly across the road from the lake and across is the private landing. A gate and sweeping lawns lead from the lake road up to the villa.
The interior of the villa is spacious, with shining floors and a sweeping staircase connecting the floors. Recently restored, Villa Camilla maintains its traditional atmosphere. Each bedroom has its own modern bathroom. It sleeps 16 people; two or eventually four extra beds may be available additionally. Villa Camilla is lovely for large groups and weddings because of its size and romantic setting. It is also great for family reunions and groups of friends. All of the king beds can be separated into twins, making this villa totally flexible for couples or singles in any combination.
Villa Camilla is an ideal location for relaxing or taking day trips around the lake, into the mountains, southern Switzerland, Como or Milan. Bicycle rentals, motorboat rentals, waterskiing and pitch-and-putt are available in Menaggio, 10 minutes away. Windsurfing is available in Menaggio, Colico and Cremia. In Menaggio you can also catch a boat or hydrofoil to take you up and down the lake between Switzerland and Como, or across to Varenna or Bellagio. There are several golf courses in the area; the closest is just 20 minutes away. Horseback riding facilities also are within 20 minutes.
Larger groups can rent Villa Camilla with La Dolce (also featured in our portfolio), located on the adjacent property.
Villa Camilla 16+2/4
Living room with open fireplace and doors opening onto the lawn with views of the lake
Formal dining room
Spacious (85 sqm) play room/closed veranda with table tennis, table-football, fireplace
Upon request and at extra charge a double bedroom with bathroom (shower) is available at the ground floor (the window of this bedroom opens to the play room).
First floor (3 bedrooms, 3 baths; sleeps 6):
Yellow king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
Pink king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
Green king bedroom with views overlooking the rear park and en suite bathroom (bathtub)
Second floor (2 bedrooms, 2 baths; sleeps 4):
Pink king bedroom with views overlooking the lake and bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
Blue king bedroom with bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
Game room with billiard table and stunning lake view
Third floor (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms; sleeps 6):
Light blue king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
Orange king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
Green king bedroom with garden view and en suite bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
Two additional beds might be placed in the bedrooms of this floor (to be requested upon booking).
This level was once the servants' quarters, the furnishings and layout are less elegant than the other floors.
Extra Dependance (sleeps 2):
A small and simply furnished ground-floor bedroom with private bathroom is located a few metres from the villa which is available for additional guests (to be requested upon booking). It is not air-conditioned but is ideal for someone who can walk up only a partial flight of stairs, since there is no elevator in Villa Camilla.
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Camilla||07 Jan 2017 - 27 May 2017
26 Aug 2017 - 06 Jan 2018
|27 May 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
16+2/4 PAX 16
|18000 EUR €||27000 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Camilla|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only.
Pool size: 10 x 6 m / opening dates: April 22nd - September 23rd (pool heating is included). Pool towels are provided.
For bookings with more than 3 children please inquire.
Baby bed available.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Transfer service.
- Buoy: EUR 100 per week.
Security deposit, advance payment for the first grocery shopping, wood for fireplace to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 3000 in cash or by credit card on the premises.
- Mandatory advance payment for food for dinners: for the first grocery shopping which the guests will find in the house EUR 1500 have to be paid upon arrival. Before this food deposit will be finished, the guests must provide the cook with extra money to buy the food as the cook will not put any money in advance for the guests.
- Pool heating: the pool can be heated on request. From 13th May to 23rd September heating is included, during other periods: EUR 4 per hour. Please note that it is not an hot tub or spa with hot water.
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 100 per person per week.
- Pets allowed: EUR 60 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm at an extra fee: EUR 50.
POSSIBILITY OF 4 ADDITIONAL BEDS (FOR A TOTAL OF MAX. 20 PEOPLE) TO BE REQUESTED WHEN BOOKING:
- Opening of a studio on the ground floor of the villa with double sofabed if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded, only available upon special request when booking.
- Opening of a small and simply furnished dependence with 1 double bedroom and 1 bathroom with shower, located at few metres from the villa if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded, only available upon special request when booking.
Included in the price are a standard first dinner & a basic grocery shopping and cook service for dinners (food items for lunch and dinner are not included):
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen and which will be served to the guests. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Cook service for dinners: during your stay from Monday to Friday cook service is included consisting in a dinner with service; if the guests want both meals (lunch and dinner) there will be an extra charge; on Saturday catered dinner. The cook service includes: the shopping time, the preparation of the meal, the service at table, the cleaning of the kitchen. The cost of the grocery shopping (food items) is not included (the guests must provide the cook with money to buy the food as the cook will not put any money in advance for the guests).
Italian breakfast 7 days per week, bed linens changed twice a week (on Tuesdays and Saturdays), bath linens changed daily, Hermes toiletries, Internet WIFI connection, water, electricity, gas, air conditioning, heating, guest relations available throughout the stay at the villa, daily maid service from Monday to Saturday, use of the tennis court, final cleaning, extra beds to be requested when booking, pool cleaning service, garden maintenance all included in the price.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Our Guests Reviews
I hope you are well. We booked Villa Camilla last year for our sales conference. It was such a success that we have decided to go back to Lake Como! Please let me know what you have available. Thanks and kind regards,
M. Kemp, March 2009