A glamorous place
This outstanding 19th century villa is set on five acres of private gardens with a swimming pool, a tennis court, superb lake views and a private mooring in front of the villa. The villa faces southeast, halfway up the lake, providing a superb view of the three arms of Lake Como and the beautiful mountains across the lake. The large garden has well-kept lawns, ancient sequoias, cedars, oaks, magnolias and palms. A road runs right along the shore of Lake Como in this area, so the villa is not directly on the lake, but is directly across the road from the lake and across is the private landing. A gate and sweeping lawns lead from the lake road up to the villa.
The interior of the villa is spacious, with shining floors and a sweeping staircase connecting the floors. Recently restored, Villa Camilla maintains its traditional atmosphere. Each bedroom has its own modern bathroom. It sleeps 16 people; two or eventually four extra beds may be available additionally. Villa Camilla is lovely for large groups and weddings because of its size and romantic setting. It is also great for family reunions and groups of friends. All of the king beds can be separated into twins, making this villa totally flexible for couples or singles in any combination.
Villa Camilla is an ideal location for relaxing or taking day trips around the lake, into the mountains, southern Switzerland, Como or Milan. Bicycle rentals, motorboat rentals, waterskiing and pitch-and-putt are available in Menaggio, 10 minutes away. Windsurfing is available in Menaggio, Colico and Cremia. In Menaggio you can also catch a boat or hydrofoil to take you up and down the lake between Switzerland and Como, or across to Varenna or Bellagio. There are several golf courses in the area; the closest is just 20 minutes away. Horseback riding facilities also are within 40 minutes.
Larger groups can rent Villa Camilla with La Dolce (also featured in our portfolio), located on the adjacent property.
Our Guests Reviews
Luxury on Lake Como
Left on Oct 8, 2017 for a stay in Aug 2017
Nestled on the edge of Lake Como with everything you could wish for. A warm welcome, an amazing chef, luxurious rooms, great swimming pool, lovely gardens, tennis and your own private jetty to tie up your rental boat. We had the most amazing week here in august, boating around the lake popping into restaurants, visiting Villas and just diving into the surprisingly warm lake. The villa is adorned with wonderful paintings and furniture and is comfortable and homely. We had a fantastic time, thank you to all the staff.
I hope you are well. We booked Villa Camilla last year for our sales conference. It was such a success that we have decided to go back to Lake Como! Please let me know what you have available. Thanks and kind regards,
M. Kemp, March 2009
HoLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool 6 x 10m
- Heated pool
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and the main living room
- Internet WIFI connection
- Billiard table
- Ping pong table
- Satellite TV
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing mashine and dryer
- Tennis court (cement) approx. 150 m from the villa
- Private jetty on the pebbled lake shore with buoy
San Siro 1 km
Menaggio (ferry) 5 km
Como 30 km
Milan 60 km
Motorboat for hire Menaggio 10 min., Dongo 10 min.
Windsurf Menaggio, Cremia, Dongo, Domaso, Gera Lario
Water skiing Lezzeno
Bicycle for hire Menaggio
Golf club Menaggio
Riding stables Colico
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Living room with open fireplace and doors opening onto the lawn with views of the lake
Formal dining room
Spacious (85 sqm) play room/closed veranda with table tennis, table-football, fireplace
Upon request and at extra charge a double bedroom with bathroom (shower) is available at the ground floor (the window of this bedroom opens to the play room).
First floor (3 bedrooms, 3 baths; sleeps 6):
Yellow king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
Pink king bedroom with lake views and en suite bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
Ivory king bedroom with views overlooking the rear park and en suite bathroom (bathtub)
Second floor (2 bedrooms, 2 baths; sleeps 4):
Pink king bedroom with views overlooking the lake and bathroom (shower and Jacuzzi tub)
Ivory king bedroom with bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
Game room with billiard table and stunning lake view
Third floor (3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms; sleeps 6):
Light blue king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
Orange king bedroom with lake view and en suite bathroom (shower)
Green king bedroom with garden view and en suite bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
Two additional beds might be placed in the bedrooms of this floor (to be requested upon booking).
This level was once the servants' quarters, the furnishings and layout are less elegant than the other floors.
Extra Dependance (sleeps 2):
A small and simply furnished ground-floor bedroom with private bathroom is located a few metres from the villa which is available for additional guests (to be requested upon booking). It is not air-conditioned but is ideal for someone who can walk up only a partial flight of stairs, since there is no elevator in Villa Camilla.
24 Aug 2019 - 04 Jan 2020
19000 EUR €
29000 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Camilla||05 Jan 2019 - 25 May 2019
24 Aug 2019 - 04 Jan 2020
|25 May 2019 - 24 Aug 2019
16+4 PAX 20
|19000 EUR €||29000 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Camilla|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Guest relations available throughout the stay at the villa. Highly personalized one-of-a-kind experiences for the guests organized by our in-house concierge.
- Welcome drink and fresh flowers
- Buffet “Welcome Dinner “ provided on arrival (up to 20 people only)
- Cook service for dinner (food and beverages not included)
- The cook will also buy all the necessary food which is to be paid for directly in cash at the end of the stay. An amount of EUR 1500 is to be paid upon arrival as a deposit. The chef will be available to the guests throughout their stay at the villa.
- Daily Continental Breakfast service (bread, marmalade, butter, tea, milk, coffee, croissant, cereals, cheese, ham)
- Daily maid service (3 hours, 3 ladies in the morning from Monday to Saturday)
- Bed linens changed twice a week (on Tuesdays and Saturdays)
- Bath linens changed daily (except Sunday and on public holidays)
- Luxury bath products (Hermès – Eau d’Orange Verte) - daily replenishment
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Electricity, air conditioning, heating
- Pool heating from May 11 to September 21
- Use of the tennis court
- Private dock with access to the lake
- Private Jetty with buoy
- Extra beds to be requested when booking
- Baby bed and high chair
- Pet allowed: free of charge. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Standard buffet dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Cook service for dinners: during your stay from Monday to Friday cook service is included consisting in a dinner with service. The cook service includes: the shopping time, the preparation of the meal, the service at table, the cleaning of the kitchen. The cost of the groceries (food items) is not included (the guests must provide the cook with money to buy food as the cook will not advance money for the guests).
- Mandatory advance payment for food for dinners: for the first grocery shopping which the guests will find in the house EUR 1500 in cash is due upon arrival. Please note that when the EUR 1500 food deposit is finished, the client must provide the cook with extra money to buy food. The cook will not advance money for the guests.
- Pool heating for the time frames 5th January - 11th May 2019 and 21st September 2019 - 4th January 2020 has to be requested prior arrival: see price information below.
POSSIBILITY OF 4 ADDITIONAL BEDS (FOR A TOTAL OF MAX. 20 PEOPLE) TO BE REQUESTED WHEN BOOKING:
- Opening of a studio on the ground floor of the villa with double sofabed if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded, only available on request when booking.
- Opening of a small and simply furnished dependence with 1 double bedroom and 1 bathroom with shower (located at few metres from the villa) if maximum capacity PAX 16 is exceeded, only available on request when booking.
EUR 3000 cash deposit or via credit card are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Max. 2 extra beds for children: EUR 400 per bed per week
- Pool heating for the time frames 5th January - 11th May 2019 and 21st September 2019 - 4th January 2020: EUR 5 per hour. Please note: In order to reach the minimum water temperature of 25°C, it is necessary to turn on the heater 24 hours before the guests’ arrival during mild weather. If the weather is colder, the minimum necessary heating time is 48-72 hours. Once the minimum temperature is reached, a minimum 4 hours per day of heating is required to maintain the temperature. The pre-heating time and minimum heating time are due to charge during the above mentioned tome frames.
- Extra housekeeping: EUR 18 per hour/per staff member (EUR 22 per hour/per staff member on Sunday and public holidays)
- Cook service for lunch: EUR 200 per meal, plus cost of food
- Personal laundry service: EUR 18 per hour
- Butler service: EUR 350 per day
- Transfer to / from airports
Please note that the above mentioned extra services and respective rates are estimated and are subject to possible change without further notice.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: April to October
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
A spacious lakefront villa
- Sleeps 12+4 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 6+2 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 600 m2 m2
10% discount on all the April & May available weeks!As from
Historic lakefront villa on the shore, close to the famous Hotel Villa d'Este, walk to the village!
- Sleeps 16+1 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 (+1) Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 600 m2 m2
Historic villa on the shore, a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza
- Sleeps 16+1/23 Guests
- Bedrooms 8/11 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 8/10 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 3600 m2 m2