A spacious lakefront villa with beach access
Villa Rosee is stunning lakefront property with access to the beach, located on the west bank of Upper Lake Como, only 10 km north of Menaggio. The villa provides a heated swimming pool, a panoramic sun patio and large private garden directly overlooking the lake promenade and the beach. The single-level garden ends just a few meters from the edge of the lake.
Finished in 2019, Villa Rosee with its spacious and light flooded interior is the ideal holiday home for large parties. The newly renovated home consists of two floors with stunning interiors, including antique Lombard cotto tiles on the ground floor, chestnut wood stairs and floors on the upper floor and sound-proof windows.
The ground floor includes a large living room, a sitting room with grand piano, an ample dining room and a modern and fully equipped kitchen. Furthermore there is a bedroom with en suite bathroom. Five more bedrooms with en suite bathrooms are located on the upper floor. Three of the bedrooms have access to a private terrace with magnificent lake view.
The villa sleeps comfortaby 12 people. Two extra guests are welcome bringing the maximum capacity to 14 guests. Villa Rosee has a private jetty so that motorboats can be moored there. There is a private buoy and a slide for boats.
A public pedestrian path runs along the shore between the lake and the property, and it is possible to walk along the lake promenade for several kilometres! A village with a pizzeria, bank and post office is just 600 metres from the property, a grocery store is 2 km away.
Boating, sailing, windsurfing, hiking, golfing, tennis, mountain biking and horseback riding are available in the area. The nearby Menaggio has a ferry dock with connections to Bellagio, known as the “pearl of the lake,” and Varenna, with its brightly painted houses. Villa Carlotta, one of the most beautiful villas on the Lake with its botanic gardens and art treasures, is 20 minutes away in Tremezzo.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 7 x 4m
- Heated pool
- Air conditioning in 5 bedrooms
- Ceiling fan in the ground floor bedroom
- Internet WIFI connection
- Grand piano
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- 2 dishwashers
- Fridge with freezer
- Blast chiller
- 4 ring gas hob
- 3 ovens
- Coffee maker
- Food processor
- Washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- Safe for values
- Sun patio with panoramic view
- Barbecue grill
- Table tennis
- Private jetty for mooring motorboats
- Private buoy
- Slide for boats
- Parking for several cars
- Nearest beach 20 m
- Tennis court 200 m
- Next village with grocery shops 600 m
- Pizzeria 3 km
- Menaggio (ferry) 10 km
- Lugano 35 km
- Como 45 km
- Milan 94 km
On the ground floor there is a bedroom with en suite bathroom accessible for people with motor disabilities.
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: motorboat for hire Menaggio 6 km, windsurf Menaggio, water skiing Lezzeno, bicycle for hire Menaggio, golf club Menaggio, riding stables Colico.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
Nearby is a museum of boats which is open to the public from Friday to Sunday (afternoon, 2pm-6pm). During the other days of the week, the museum can be visited only by appointment. Our guests staying at the villa will have reduced entrance tickets.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- Large and sunny living room with comfortable sofas
- Sitting room with lake view and grand piano
- Modern and fully equipped kitchen with a wide kitchen island
- Large dining room with a wooden table for up to 18 people
- Silver double bedroom (no AC but a ceiling fan) with en suite bathroom; accessible for people with motor disabilities
- Small double bedroom (French size bed, not divisible), located on the back of the kichen, for two extra guests (no AC), with a dedicated bathroom.
- Storage closet
- Sitting room with terrace
- 5 AC double bedrooms each with private en suite bathroom; all the beds can be doubles or twins:
- Green bedroom which features a double exposure with a great lake view; bathroom with tub and single basin
- Orange bedroom, direct access to its own terrace with a partial lake view; bathroom with large shower and double basins
- Lilac master bedroom, direct access to its own large terrace with a magnificent lake view; bathroom with large shower and double basins
- Pink bedroom which features a double exposure with a great lake view; bathroom with large shower and single basin (the bathroom has access to a small terrace shared with the small sitting room)
- Yellow bedroom with garden view; bathroom with large shower and single basin
- From the spacious entrance in the back of the villa, guests have access to the stairs.
- Descending 16 steps you find the laundry room, equipped with washing machine, dryer and a large sink, iron and iron board, drying rack.
- Lakefront property, just a few meters from the beach
- Large private garden with a swimming pool, can be heated
- Private parking area behind the house
- The village (all shops) is about 600 meters from the property.
- A pedestrian path runs along the shore between the lake and the property. For this reason privacy outside could be limited (specially during July and August) as the lakefront has public access. This is not an isolated property.
29 Aug 2020 - 02 Jan 2021
11900 EUR €
16900 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Rosee||04 Jan 2020 - 23 May 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 02 Jan 2021
|23 May 2020 - 29 Aug 2020
12+2 PAX 12
|11900 EUR €||16900 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Rosee|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Guest relations available throughout the stay at the villa. Highly personalized one-of-a-kind experiences for the guests organized by our in-house concierge.
- Welcome drink and fresh flowers
- Buffet “Welcome Dinner“ provided on arrival night
- Daily cleaning service (from Monday to Saturday - public holidays excluded)
- Daily change of towels (except Sunday and public holidays) and twice weekly change of bed linen
- Luxury bath products (Hermès - Eau d'Orange Verte)
- Electricity, air conditioning in all rooms, heating
- Pool heating from 9th May to 19th September
- Internet WIFI connection
- Baby bed
- Pets allowed: free of charge. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Pool heating for the time frames 4th January - 9th May 2020 and 19th September 2020 - 9th January 2021 has to be requested prior arrival: see price information below.
- Two additionals beds (small staff bedroom on the ground floor) if maximum capacity PAX 12 is exceeded: EUR 400 per person per week
EUR 1000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service for lunch or dinners during your stay: EUR 250 per meal, plus cost of food
- Butler service: EUR 350 per day
- Catered dinners
- Pool heating for the time frames 4th January - 9th May 2020 and 19th September 2020 - 9th January 2021: EUR 5 per hour. Please note: In order to reach the minimum water temperature of 25°C, it is necessary to turn on the heater 24 hours before the guests’ arrival during mild weather. If the weather is colder, the minimum necessary heating time is 48-72 hours. Once the minimum temperature is reached, a minimum 6 hours per day of heating is required to maintain the temperature. The pre-heating time and minimum heating time are due to charge during the above mentioned tome frames.
- Extra housekeeping: EUR 18 per hour/per staff member (EUR 22 per hour/per staff member on Sunday and public holidays)
- Personal laundry service: EUR 18 per hour
- Transfer to / from airports
Please note that the above mentioned extra services and respective rates are estimated and are subject to possible change without further notice.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: April to October
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.