A cheerful house
La Dolce is a really cosy house - a comfortable spot where guests will immediately feel at home. We have visited it both with blue and gray skies - it remains just as inviting whatever the time of year. We find it to be a lovely place for a family!
The owner has furnished her house with great skill. The colors are lively and warm: pale yellow in the sitting room, green in one bedroom, sky blue in the other. On the upper floor the bedrooms although not very large offer beautiful lake views. The floors of the main living space are covered with cotto tiles, while the bedrooms have wooden floors. Colorful prints and soft furnishings create a cheerful feeling throughout the cottage.
La Dolce is not on the lakeshore but is located above the lake and the village in easy walking distance of both. Because of its position, the house enjoys beautiful views of the lake and the mountains beyond. A large, fenced-in garden surrounds the house, providing complete privacy. A small swimming pool is in the garden. It’s from here that some of the most spectacular views over the lake can be enjoyed.
The house is located just one kilometer from the western shore of Lake Como and the village of San Siro - a unique, peaceful lakeside town with cobbled streets leading to a beautiful, ancient castle. In San Siro you will find a pizzeria and a bus stop, a grocery store is 2 km south. San Siro is just 6 km north of Menaggio, with more extensive and elegant shopping.
Rent a little boat in San Siro, or use the facilities (swimming pool and tennis court) at the lakeside sports complex in Menaggio, where you can also catch a boat or hydrofoil to take you up and down the lake between Switzerland and Como, or across to Varenna or Bellagio. There are several golf courses in the area.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5.40 x 2.65m, depth 1.25m
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection in the living room
- Satellite TV
- VCR player
- DVD player
- 4 ring gas hob
- Large oven, grill
- Fridge with freezer
- Coffee maker
- Laundry room (washing machine, drying rack, iron, ironing board and a small stand-up shower)
- Billiard table
- Garden toys for children
- Enclosed property
- Electronic entrance gate
- Parking space
Molvedo 400 m
San Siro 1 km
Menaggio (ferry) 6 km
Como 30 km
Milan 60 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: motorboat for hire Menaggio 6 km, windsurf Menaggio, water skiing Lezzeno, bicycle for hire Menaggio, golf club Menaggio, riding stables Colico.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- Entrance from a glass-covered loggia with lake views, furnished with table and chairs
- Living room with lake view, studio area, Sky TV
- Spacious and modern eat-in kitchen with table for 12, access to the terrace
- Storage room and stairs to the Taverna (lower level)
Taverna (lower level):
- Living area with sofa (satellite TV, VCR, DVD), French windows on the garden
- Twin bedroom (beds can be joined)
- Bathroom (with bathtub and handheld shower)
- Pink double bedroom (beds cannot be separated)
- Laundry room with washing machine, drying rack, iron, ironing board and a small stand-up shower
- Yellow bedroom with French bed (190 x 140 cm) and en suite bathroom (with shower)
- Blue twin bedroom (beds can be joined)
- Bathroom (with Jacuzzi bathtub) located in the hallway (shared with the pink bedroom)
- Beautiful covered loggia
- Large terrace furnished with sofa, armchairs and small table
- Fenced garden with BBQ
29 Aug 2020 - 31 Oct 2020
3800 EUR €
4200 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|La Dolce||11 Apr 2020 - 13 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 31 Oct 2020
|13 Jun 2020 - 29 Aug 2020
8 PAX 8
|3800 EUR €||4200 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingLa Dolce|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
EUR 650 discount if rented for only 6 people (one bedroom will be closed).
- Guest relations available throughout the stay at the villa. Highly personalized one-of-a-kind experiences for the guests organized by our in-house concierge.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday
- Bath linens changed midweek and Saturday
- Pool towels
- Air conditioning
- Internet WIFI connection
- Baby bed
- Pet allowed: free of charge. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Maid service (2 hours house cleaning on Monday and Thursday)
- Final cleaning
Additional bed for a 9th person if maximum capacity PAX 8 is exceeded (to be requested when booking): EUR 150 per week.
EUR 800 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Advanced grocery shopping
- Extra housekeeping: EUR 18 per hour/per staff member (EUR 22 per hour/per staff member on Sunday and public holidays)
- Cook service for lunch: EUR 250 per meal, plus cost of food
- Personal laundry service: EUR 18 per hour
- Butler service: EUR 350 per day
- Transfer to / from airports
Please note that the above mentioned extra services and respective rates are estimated and are subject to possible change without further notice.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates.
- Pool opening dates: high season
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
Original fisherman's house with sauna just above the water
- Sleeps 6+2 Guests
- Bedrooms 3 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 3 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 135 m2 m2
House with pool, terrace and lake views
- Sleeps 8+2 Guests
- Bedrooms 4 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 2+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 160 m2 m2