Set on the water, yet only a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza.
|Special Features||One of the most unique and historic luxury villas on Lake Como.|
|Prices||€ 24990 - 27990 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Only a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza
Set on the water, yet only a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza, Villa Galante is one of the most unique and historic luxury villas on Lake Como. The villa dates back to the year 1772, and a three-year renovation project, finished in 2009, restored the villa to its original splendor while adding modern conveniences such as swimming pool, air conditioning, elevator, gym, yoga studio, highspeed internet and more.
Few villas rival Galante's opulence and none offers closer proximity to the center of Como. Whether basking in the luxury of this 12,000 square foot mansion, strolling to the medieval center of Como, or boating from the back yard on one of Europe's most beautiful lakes, Villa Galante is the perfect setting for large families and groups of friends and is especially family-friendly, with a children's suite. Its convenient location in walking distance to the centre of Como, as well as easy access to public transportation, makes Villa Gallante an ideal destination for touring Lake Como without a car. One of the famous "Seven Sisters of Como", La Galante is filled with frescoes (some of which by Andrea Appiani, Italy's most famous neo-classical artist) and is the subject of a novel written in 1856 by French author Nathalie Comtesse.
Staff lives on the property, in a separate residence.
Villa Galante 16+1
- Grand foyer with 20-foot frescoed ceiling and spiral marble staircase
- 1,000 sq ft gym - yoga / dance / etc.
- Large cantina / game room & wine cellar
- Main formal salon (700 sq ft) with original fresco & mosaic floor
- Casual living room - original fresco & mosaic floor
- Formal dining room - renovated fresco & mosaic floor
- Casual dining room - original fresco
- Guest bedroom and bath
- Master suite & bath (1,100 sq ft)
- Guest suite 1 (queen size beds) & bath
- Guest suite 2 (queen size beds) & bath
- Children's suite & bath (800 sq ft)
- Guest bedroom (queen size beds)
- Full laundry
Fourth floor mansard:
- Guest Suite 3 (queen size beds) & bath
- Guest Suite 4 (queen size beds) & bath
The lakeside garden is approximately 70 yards long by 20 yards wide
Swimming pool 15 yds x 5 yds
The back gate opens onto the famous "Passeggiata Villa Olmo" on the water
5 steps descend from the back yard to the boathouse and the lake
The entire garden is surrounded by stone walls and hedges 10 ft high for optimal privacy
Villa Galante + Rustic Apartment 22+1
AS ABOVE PLUS RUSTIC APARTMENT (1500 sq ft):
On the same property but with a private entrance/courtyard from a different street than the main villa, the Rustic Apartment is also available for weekly rental. It has three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a full kitchen and a living room, with exposed roof timbers and antique floors. The apartment is located 70 meters from lake's edge, measures 140 square metres, is fully air-conditioned, has hi-speed WIFI internet and a washing machine.
The apartment can be rented separately or used by the owners but being a detached building with independent entrance, it does not affect the privacy of the main villa. Guests of the Rustic Apartment or owners do not have acess to the garden or pool unless the entire property is rented by the same group.
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Galante||01 Jan 2017 - 03 Jun 2017
09 Sep 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
|03 Jun 2017 - 09 Sep 2017
16+1 PAX 17
|24990 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Galante|
Villa Galante + Rustic Apartment
22+1 PAX 23
|27990 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Galante + Rustic Apartment|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Low season prices on request.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only.
Pool size: 11 x 5 m / opening dates: June 3rd - September 9th. Pool towels are provided.
For bookings with more than 3 children please inquire.
Baby bed available: free of charge.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Transfer service.
- Extra maid service.
- Cook service
Security deposit to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 3000 in cash or credit card on the premises.
- Pets allowed: EUR 60 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm at an extra fee: EUR 50.
Continental breakfast (fix menu), bed, bath and kitchen linens changed twice a week (on Tuesdays and Saturdays), Internet WIFI connection, telephone local calls or long distance free on Skype, water, electricity, gas, air conditioning, heating, maid service (3 hours daily house cleaning from Monday to Friday, for 2 weeks rental also on Saturday), baby bed, one additional bed, use of bicycles/games/toys and any recreational items at the villa, final cleaning, pool cleaning service, garden maintenance all included in the price.
Concierge service Mon - Fri 9 am - 5 pm (except lunch time) and Sat 10 am - 2 pm (this is general assistance including pool service, directions, errands etc.). Office assistance manager available Mon - Fri 9 am – 5 pm (except lunch time) if the guests need help or advice.
Please note: for this property final payment is due earlier than usual, please ask for this when booking.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.