Set on the water, yet only a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza.
|Special Features||One of the most unique and historic luxury villas on Lake Como.|
|Prices||€ 26150 - 38500 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Only a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza
Set on the water, yet only a five-minute lakeside stroll from Como's central piazza, Villa Galante is one of the most unique and historic luxury villas on Lake Como. The villa dates back to the year 1772, and a three year renovation, finished in 2009, restored the villa to its original splendor while adding modern conveniences such as swimming pool, air conditioning, elevator, gym, yoga studio, high speed internet, and more.
Few villas rival Galante's opulence and perhaps none offers closer proximity to the center of Como. Whether basking in the luxury of this 12,000 square foot mansion, strolling to the medieval center of Como, or boating from the back yard on one of Europe's most beautiful lakes, Villa Galante is the perfect setting for large families and groups of friends and is especially family-friendly, with a children's suite. Its convenient location in walking distance to the centre of Como, as well as easy access to public transportation, makes Villa Gallante an ideal destination for touring Lake Como without a car.
One of the famous "Seven Sisters of Como", Villa Galante is filled with frescoes (some of which by Andrea Appiani, Italy's most famous neo-classical artist) and is the subject of a novel written in 1856 by French author Nathalie Comtesse.
On the same property there is an other apartment sleeping 6 people.
Staff lives on the property, in a separate residence.
Villa Galante 16+1
- Grand foyer with 20-foot frescoed ceiling and spiral marble staircase
- Fitness room
- Yoga/game room
- Reading room
Second floor (sleeps 2 people):
- Main formal salon (700 sq ft) with original fresco & mosaic floor
- Casual living room - original fresco & mosaic floor
- Formal dining room - renovated fresco & mosaic floor
- Casual dining room - original fresco
- Kitchen and a toilet
- Guest bedroom (twin or double) and full bathroom with shower
Third floor (sleeps 10 people):
- Master Suite (king double bed) with bathroom (shower and bathtub) / 1,100 sq ft
- Yellow Suite (king size bed) with bathroom (bathtub) + 1 sofa bed
- White Suite (double bed) with bathroom (shower) + 1 extra single bed
- Beige Suite (double bed) with bathroom (shower) / 800 sq ft
- Green bedroom (double bed)
- Bathroom with shower
- Full laundry (washer and dryer)
Fourth floor mansard (sleeps 4 people):
- Guest Suite 3 (queen size bed) with en suite bathroom (shower) + 1 sofa bed
- Guest Suite 4 (queen size bed) with en suite bathroom (shower) + 1 sofa bed
PLEASE NOTE: all the extra beds/sofa beds are available only upon request and at extra charge. Price to be reconfirmed with the owner.
The lakeside garden is approximately 70 yards long by 20 yards wide.
Swimming pool 15 yds x 5 yds; the pool can be heated upon request at extra charge.
The back gate opens onto the famous "Passeggiata Villa Olmo" on the water.
5 steps descend from the backyard to the boathouse and the lake.
The entire garden is surrounded by stone walls and hedges 10 ft high for optimal privacy.
Villa Galante + Rustic Apartment 22+1
AS ABOVE PLUS RUSTIC APARTMENT (sleeps 6 people / 1500 sq ft):
On the same property, but with a private entrance/courtyard from a different street than the villa, the Rustic Apartment is available for weekly rental. The apartment is laid out as follows:
- 1 living room
- 1 fully equipped kitchen (microwave, oven, dishwasher, gas range, fridge)
- 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom (bathtub)
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 bedroom with a French bed and a single bed (beds cannot be joined)
- 1 bathroom (shower)
The apartment has exposed roof timbers and antique floors. The apartment is located 70 meters from lake's edge, measures 140 square metres, the bedrooms and the living room are fully air-conditioned, has hi-speed WIFI Internet, washing machine and dryer.
The Rustic Apartment can be rented separately or used by the owners, but being a detached building with independent entrance, it does not affect the privacy of the main villa. Guests of the Rustic Apartment or the owners do not have acess to the garden or pool unless the entire property is rented by the same group.
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Galante||01 Jan 2018 - 02 Jun 2018
08 Sep 2018 - 31 Dec 2018
|02 Jun 2018 - 08 Sep 2018
16+1 PAX 17
|35000 EUR €||26150 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Galante|
Villa Galante + Rustic Apartment
22+1 PAX 23
|38500 EUR €||29800 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Galante + Rustic Apartment|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday.
Pool size: 11 x 5 m / opening dates: June 2nd - September 8th. Pool heating available at extra charge. Pool towels are provided.
For bookings with more than 3 children please inquire.
Baby bed available: free of charge.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Transfer service.
- Extra maid service.
- Cook service
Security deposit to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 3500 in cash or credit card on the premises (Visa/Mastercard).
- Pets allowed on request: EUR 60 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm at an extra fee: EUR 50.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Daily continental breakfast (fix menu)
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed twice a week (on Tuesdays and Saturdays)
- Internet WIFI connection
- Telephone local calls or long distance free on Skype
- Water, electricity, gas, air conditioning, heating
- Baby bed or one additional bed
- Use of bicycles/games/toys and any recreational items at the villa
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning service
- Garden maintenance
Staff (1 concierge, 1 secretary, 1 pool caretaker & groundkeeper, 2 maids): 6 days a week (off on Sunday), 5 hours of cleaning daily (9am - 5pm):
Concierge service Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm (except lunch hour) and Sat 10am - 2pm (this is general assistance including pool service, directions, errands etc.).
Office assistance manager/secretary available Mon - Fri 9am – 5pm (except lunch time) if the guests need help or advice.
Please note: for this property final payment is due earlier than usual, please ask for this when booking.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.