Surrounded by lawns and pine trees
Nestled in an estate in the Maremma, this granary (granaio) was transformed by the owner into a spacious, comfortable and well equipped house for special holidays with friends and family.
Built in 1894 Il Granaio is a spacious ex-granary and part of a group of farm buildings. Set in the middle of a century old pine trees wood, it has been converted in a home suitable for a group of 9 people. 2 extra guests (children) might be accommodated additionally. The detached granary house is some metres distant from the main building of the estate where the property owner lives.
The interiour is simple and functional. In the entrance room a small and well equipped kitchenette is a practical asset for the preparation of outdoor meals and barbecues, because the pergola equipped for al fresco dining is just in front of the entrance room.
On the upper floor you will find the living areas. There is a very large living room with ceiling fans and several comfortable sofas. The living room leads to two double bedrooms with en suite bathroom each, a twin and a triple bedroom and a third bathroom. Furthermore there is a small walk-through room located in front of the kitchen with bunk beds (those additional beds are perfect for two children).
The country kitchen has a fireplace at waist level and 12 people can be seated comfortably around the large wooden kitchen table.
A nice garden belongs to the granary, and a spacious well furnished patio with shadow roof overlooking the stretch of umbrella-pine trees makes it a relaxing and peaceful setting for enjoying a meal outdoors. A charming path behind the family chapel in the main garden leads through the pine wood to the private pool equipped with umbrellas, sunbeds and deck chairs. The short end of the pool has convenient stairs for climbing in, allowing children to enter the water one step at a time.
Situated 7 km north of Grosseto, 1 hour from Siena, 1.5 hours from Rome, 2 hours from Florence and only a 20-minute drive from the coast, this property is an excellent starting point for cultural visits and days at the beach. The closest beach is in Castiglione della Pescaia a 20 minutes westbound drive from the estate; it's a long sandy beach. The world famous golf course of Punta Ala is only 45 minutes drive from this property. The nearby village of Braccagni (2 km) has some grocery shops and a supermarket, a bakery and a butcher.
Our Guests Reviews
Il Grannaio, you're loving it !
Left on Jul 4, 2019 for a stay in Jun 2019
Great Place, a lot of space, well equipped, tasteful interior.
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5 x 14m
- Pool area is gated
- Internet WIFI connection
- Fireplace in the kitchen
- Fan in all bedrooms as well as in the living room and kitchen
- Satellite TV
- VCR, CD-stereo
- Washing machine
- Gas range
- Fridge with built-in freezer
- Iron and ironing board
- Baby bed and high chair
- Patio with shadow roof
- Lawn in front of the patio
- Car park with shadow roof for 4 cars (more cars can be parked under pine trees)
Braccagni 2 km
Grosseto 7 km
Castiglione della Pescaia sandy beach 20 km
Parco dell'Uccelina 30 km
Porto Santo Stefano 40 km
Siena 70 km
Saturnia 90 km
Pisa 145 km
Florence 150 km
Rome 180 km
The beach and the sea: the closest beach (sandy beach) is in Castiglione della Pescaia a 20-minute drive from the estate. The water is clean and usually warm enough to swim in from mid-May to October. The sea is generally not rough. Italian beach-life is usually organised via beach clubs, where you can rent a cabin, a parasol and sunbeds by the day or the week as well as have drinks and snacks at the bar of the stabilimento. This is very convenient if you have small children. Often you can just show up at the club without a reservation, but in the months of July/August we recommend making a reservation in advance. Those looking for empty beaches will find them at Castiglione della Pescaia as well - some short stretches at the Castiglione coast are free beaches.
Sightseeing in the region: the beautiful towns of Pitigliano, Sovana, Sorano, Manciano and the Medieval hilltop village Capalbio to the south-east, Massa Marittima to the north-west, just to name a few. To the south-east at a distance of approx. 90 km are the hot springs at Saturnia, with the famous sulphurous waters and the elegant spa with its beauty treatments.
Nature: in the National Park 'Uccellina' marked footpaths will lead you through incredibly beautiful pine woods to hidden creeks, past romantic ruins of fortified watch-towers and the abbey of San Rabano, built by monks who arrived from Rhodes in the 10th century. The coastline of this national park is worth a visit - a beach of fine sand stretches along the coast. If you are looking for endless free beaches - this is a paradise.
The Argentario: a peninsula 40 km south of Grosseto famous for the Mediterranean macchia and the jet-set holiday resorts Porto Santo Stefano and Porto Ercole.
Horseback riding: a tradition in Maremma. Ten minutes by car, there is a riding stable with Maremman-bred horses.
Golf: the famous Punta Ala Golf course is only a 45-minute drive away and has 18 holes, par 72.
Wine and food: just by driving around and scouting out the area you will inevitably bump into small traditional restaurants serving delicious local foods and prestigious wine: fresh vegetables, tender salads, ripe tomatoes, wild boar and game, pecorino - the local sheep cheese - and of course the excellent red wine Morellino di Scansano, which is gaining considerable attention from experts. The closest restaurant is 2 km from the house.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- 1 entrance room with staircase leading to the upper floor and with a summer kitchenette for outdoor meals and barbecues (the entrance room opens onto the pergola for al fresco dining).
- 1 living room
- 1 open-plan kitchen
- 1 double bedrooms with bathroom en suite (bath tub and shower)
- 1 double bedrooms with bathroom en suite (bath tub)
- 1 twin bedroom
- 1 triple bedroom
- 1 walk-through room with bunk beds (suitable for 2 children)
- 1 bathroom (bath tub and shower)
- The first floor can also be accessed via an external staircase.
- Pergola with chairs and two tables
- Private pool
26 Aug 2023 - 30 Sep 2023
2990 EUR €
3690 EUR €
3890 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Il Granaio||27 May 2023 - 01 Jul 2023
26 Aug 2023 - 30 Sep 2023
|01 Jul 2023 - 29 Jul 2023
||29 Jul 2023 - 26 Aug 2023
9+2 PAX 9
|2990 EUR €||3690 EUR €||3890 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingIl Granaio|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday
- Pool towels
- Electricity up to EUR 60 per week
- Internet WIFI connection
- Final cleaning
- Electricity: The rent includes use up to EUR 60 per week. The meter will be checked upon arrival and departure. The excess will be billed at cost.
- Wood for fireplace in the kitchen: EUR 20 per basket. Please note: central heating is not available.
- Additional beds (bunk beds for 2 children) if maximum capacity PAX 9 is exceeded: EUR 100 per person per week
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX 9 is exceeded: EUR 50 per week. Please note: linen for baby bed is not provided.
- Pet allowed upon request upon booking: EUR 50 per week. Please note: the property is not gated.
EUR 600 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
Cook for dinner during the week (Monday to Friday): A cook will prepare dinners for you. Please book upon booking. The menu can be discussed upon arrival.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates
- No central heating available
- Pool opening dates: May 27th - September 30th
Privacy and style on the Maremma sandy beach
- Sleeps 10 Guests
- Bedrooms 5 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 4 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 246 m2 m2
A former traditional hunting castle in the Maremma
- Sleeps 13 Guests
- Bedrooms 7 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 4 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 350 m2 m2