On the hills of the Val d'Orcia, midway between Florence and Rome, 70 km south-east of Siena.
Luxury villa with stunning design, heated pool and air conditioning in southern Tuscany.
|Prices||€ 7750 - 18750 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
La Castellana is the masterpiece of a famous Italian interior designer. Its dramatic hillside setting, overlooking the famous rolling hills of the Val d'Orcia, foreshadows the beauty of its interior. No wonder it has been featured in books and by the most renowned interior design magazines (House&Garden, Elle Décor, Coté Sud).
This L-shaped building was a ruin when the owner and her husband bought it. Luckily some old drawings, found in the local archives, could be taken as guideline, but for the rest they were given plenty of rope to style the house in their own very personal way, not limited by existing features, but armed with a huge knowledge of local architecture and contemporary design. The result is a balanced blend of old and new.
Located on top of a hill with a broad view over the Orcia valley (classified UNESCO World Heritage in 2004), Castellana is surrounded by 3 acres of landscaped garden. The terrraces for alfresco dining are paved with stones from the piazza in Arezzo, and offer unbelievable views over the Val d'Orcia. Adjoining is an outdoor oven and barbecue. There is a heated pool as well as a seperate hot tub for 6, again taking advantage of the views. The vegetable garden produces delicious fresh produce (vegetables, herbs and flowers) which guests are free to pick.
Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom with a/c, equivalent to a five star hotel. Professional full staff can be arranged. The cook Marcella is so highly regarded, that Maxine Clark, food writer and cook-book author, staged the photographs for her book Flavours of Tuscany at Castellana with Marcella hands on preparing Tuscan cuisine.
Extra services like daily breakfast, cooking services, household help are available at an extra charge.
La Castellana 18+1
- Empire: double with en suite bathroom (tub)
- Exterior: twin with en suite bathroom (tub)
- Large outddor spaces
- Amiata: double with en suite bathroom (tub)
- Tower: twin with en suite bathroom (tub)
- Corner: double with en suite bathroom (tub)
- North: double with en suite bathroom (tub)
- Loft: room on two levels with double, twin and single sofabed, en suite bath (shower)
- Master: double with en suite bathroom (shower)
- Heated jet stream swimming pool 20 x 4 meters (66 x 13 feet), hot tub
- Two patios for outdoor dining and lounging
- Landscaped garden
- Vegetable garden
Weekly rates in €
|La Castellana||02 Jan 2016 - 26 Mar 2016
08 Oct 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
|26 Mar 2016 - 28 May 2016
03 Sep 2016 - 08 Oct 2016
17 Dec 2016 - 09 Jan 2017
|28 May 2016 - 03 Sep 2016
18+1 PAX 19
|7750 EUR €||11350 EUR €||14450 EUR €||18750 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingLa Castellana|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only.
Pool size: Infinity heated jet stream swimming pool 20 x 4 m (66 x 13 feet). 2.4 x 2.4 m (8 x 8 feet) meters hot tub heated by solar panels.
Baby beds and high chairs available: free of charge.
Extra services available only on request to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day: All kind of extra services like cleaning, linen changing, grocery shopping, cooking, using the house equipment, serving meals and washing up will be done upon your request either by professional cooks, cleaning companies we can recommend or by local caterers/agencies normally working with us or by anybody choosen by you for this purpose. Our local concierge will take care of your requirements, coordinate the services or get in touch with your chosen services providers, if any will be required. We won't be able to accept any money regarding the above services and provisions as all accounts will need to be paid directly to those providing them. Advance cash for food and shopping has to be provided.
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning, washing and ironing).
- Biweekly linen changing can be provided.
- Typical Tuscan meal on your first evening, after a long trip.
- Cook service during the week.
- First shopping.
- Cooking course.
Security deposit, pool heating to be paid in euros on the premises.
- Security deposit: Prior to arrival guests are asked to make a security deposit of EUR 2500 (credit card pre-authorisation held by our agency). At the end of the stay the credit card pre-autorisation will be cancelled, unless it has to be used partly or fully for any damage or unpaid local expenses.
- Pool heating: If a higher temperature than the level provided by solar panel heating system is requested dedicated boilers can be switched on. Extra heating through dedicated boilers will be charged following real propane consumption at actual market price.
- Pet allowed upon request and if provided with their own bed and bowls: free of charge. If any damage is assessed, indemnity will be claimed by the estate.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, water, electricity, air conditioning, house heating, Internet WIFI connection, final cleaning all included in the price. Should you have rented the accommodation for more than 1 week, the house will be cleaned on Saturdays and the linen will be changed.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.