Halfway between Florence and Rome, 5 km from San Casciano dei Bagni.
Elegant villa set in privately owned medieval village in Tuscany.
|Prices||€ 3600 - 4300 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Escape back in time to a spellbinding, 11th century castle and its surrounding hamlet
Half way between Florence and Rome, perched dramatically atop a hill overlooking the Tuscan countryside lies the medieval masterpiece Castello di Fighine. With its rich history and awe-inspiring vistas it’s little wonder owners and philanthropists Max and Joy Ulfane describe revitalizing the castle and its adjoining buildings as a labour of love.
This historic property was painstakingly restored with the help of acclaimed interior decorators David Mlinaric and Hugh Henry. David Mlinaric, who has worked on properties for the British National Trust and was described by the New York Times as “England’s foremost decorator of period interiors,” is renowned for his unparalleled ability to revitalize architectural treasures. Mlinaric’s talent lies in breathing new life into a property while remaining true to its spirit and venerable past - which is exactly what he has done with such stunning success at Castello di Fighine.
As well as a castle, the estate houses a hamlet of six, impeccably designed villas that sleep a total of 34 guests (all featured in our portfolio). Though steeped in history, each stylish villa features five-star, modern amenities, canopy beds, an eclectic mix of antique and eccentric furniture, and en-suite, mosaic-tiled bathrooms. The meticulously maintained gardens are filled with box hedges, cypresses, lemons trees, grape vines and roses. Guests can rely on the impeccable services of the English-speaking concierge José to see to any of their additional needs.
If you’re looking for a light lunch to cap off a morning spent relaxing by the pool, or a hearty feast after a day of sightseeing, the estate’s Ristorante Castello di Fighine, run by Michelin-starred Italian chef Gianluca Renzi promises unforgettable meals.
Casa Rossa has a large elegant sitting room with working fireplace, beamed ceilings and stone flagged floors. There is a beautifully equipped modern kitchen which leads out onto a dining terrace. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated by leading Italian designer Federico Forquet and there is a separate bath and shower in each of the bathrooms. The house has air conditioning.
This remarkable property is also a breathtaking wedding venue: what better place to welcome eternal bliss than at this heavenly hilltop hamlet that sweeps the sky? The property features a small, 16th century church and a beautifully converted barn perfect for intimate receptions and dancing.
Castello di Fighine is just an eight minute drive from the picturesque village of San Casciano dei Bagni, which is home to Italy’s foremost award-winning spa Fonteverde (http://www.fonteverdespa.com/), as well as an array of traditional Tuscan restaurants, and a variety of shops. Castello di Fighine is well-situated between Rome (170 km) and Florence (150 km).
FOR YOUR REFERENCE, NYT QUOTE CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/25/garden/25mlinaric.html?_r=0
HOUSES ON THIS ESTATE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKLY RENTAL:
Casa Janine - 6 beds
Casa Vittoria - 6 beds
Teatrino - 6 beds
Casa Rossa - 4 beds
Villa Melissa - 8 beds
Parretti - two Suites 2 beds each
Weekly rates in €
|Casa Rossa||06 Jan 2018 - 03 Mar 2018
06 Oct 2018 - 15 Dec 2018
|03 Mar 2018 - 26 May 2018
15 Sep 2018 - 06 Oct 2018
|26 May 2018 - 15 Sep 2018
15 Dec 2018 - 05 Jan 2019
4 PAX 4
|3600 EUR €||4000 EUR €||4300 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingCasa Rossa|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday.
Baby bed with linen and high chair available on request upon booking.
Pets not allowed.
Extra services available only on request (extra domestic help, arrival dinner, dinner during the week, cooking classes, breakfast service), to be specified when booking and to be paid in cash in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 12 per hour.
- Arrival dinner: We will be pleased to reserve a table in the restaurant for guests.
- Dinner during the week: There is an exceptionally high quality restaurant in the village, the Ristorante Castello di Fighine, which is run by Heinz Beck, the internationally acclaimed and the only three Michelin stars chef in Italy. The restaurant is open from April to November for dinner from Tuesday to Sunday and for lunch from Wednesday to Sunday. The restaurant is closed all day on Mondays. With your travel documents you will receive contact details of the restaurant for bookings.
Cooking classes: The head chef at the Ristorante Castello di Fighine invites you to spend a morning in the kitchen experiencing the pleasure and delight of preparing a classic Mediterranean meal. Cost: depending on the recipes. Max number: 6 people.
For more information, please contact us.
- Breakfast service: The domestic help who cleans the house every day could be engaged (additionally to the house cleaning) to prepare breakfast: EUR 12 Euro per hour. If guests wish to have also the shopping done this service is charged with EUR 12 per hour, plus cost of ingredients.
- Extra set of towels: please check price on the premises.
- Babysitter: available on request.
Security deposit to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: Prior to arrival guests are asked to make a security deposit of EUR 1000 (credit card pre-authorisation held by our agency). At the end of the stay the credit card pre-autorisation will be cancelled, unless it has to be used partly or fully for any damage.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens (bed linen is changed on Saturdays for guests staying longer than 1 week, there is a mid-week change for towels), water, electricity, gas, air conditioning, heating, Internet WIFI connection, maid service (from Monday to Friday either 1 maid for 3 hours or 2 maids for 1½ hours), final cleaning, garden maintenance all included in the price. Should you have rented your house for more than 1 week, the house will be cleaned on Saturdays and the linen will be changed.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.