Overlooking Lake Maggiore, 500 m uphill the village of Baveno and the lake shore.
Unique in town villa with historic garden and splendid views.
|Prices||€ 5700 - 10000 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Enjoy the views and walk to the village
Villa Lago Maggiore is set in the nice lake shore village of Baveno and in walking distance to shops and Baveno’s lake promenade. The villa was built in the 17th century on an ancient monastery and features a unique 17th century Andalusian patio. The villa is surrounded by a spacious terraced garden with private parking facilities. Descending the garden path guests can reach the swimming pool (under construction) overlooking the lake.
Villa Lago Maggiore is located 500 meters uphill Baveno, where you can find many restaurants, bars and alimentary shops. The villa is also close to Stresa (5 km) and less than 60 km from the International Airport of Milano Malpensa. It can easily be reached in about one hour by highway or by train from the Milano Centrale railway station.
The property features the Main Villa (sleeps 12 people), the Guesthouse (sleeps 4 people) and a magnificent garden. All living areas are furnished with a mix of modern design and antiques that have belonged to the owner's family for hundreds of years. Spacious rooms with high ceilings and large panoramic windows offer comfortable living.
The property has a total 8 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, a total of 16 people can be accommodated. If your group is smaller than 16 people you can benefit from the advantage of a price reduction for groups up to 12 people (the guesthouse will not be available).
The magnificent garden (1.5 hectare) was designed in the twenties by Maurice Blondel (1861 - 1949) - a Catholic positivist French thinker, author of the “Philosophy of Action” who bought the villa after the First World War and created a unique piece of art. It is fully fenced and rich of wonderful centuries old plants. This very special garden features three distinct styles, each characterized with different flora and vegetation: the formal Italian box garden, the English rose garden and the Japanese water garden. All around are peonies, azelias, cammelias and valuable trees, including Japanese maples, cedars, chestnuts and a spectacular canphora tree. Thanks to the owner ‘s restoration the enchantment of Blondel´s garden has been preserved.
Please note: Villa Lago Maggiore is not suitable for people with walking difficulties. The local train passes 250 meters from the property (downhill and separated by other properties, trees and bushes). For the privacy of the villa the windows of the guesthouse towards the garden of the villa can not be opened. The friendly caretaker lives on the top floor of the property in a separated unit with independent entrance. Two very friendly dogs live in the garden, please enquire if this could be a problem.
About the region
Lake Maggiore has excellent transport connections most visitors will spend their time exploring the lake, stretching northwards from Arona to Switzerland. Both buses and ferries, connect the lakeside settlements. There are other options for exploring though. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. The Swiss border is only a 40 minutes' drive from Baveno. The surrounding area of Baveno and Stresa offers plenty of opportunities for water sports, hiking, cycling, golf, boat trips, sightseeing trips and skiing at the Mottarone Ski Centre. Water Sport fans can enjoy a day out on the lake; with boat rental and a Wakeboarding School. The popular Stresa-Mottarone cable car departs every 20 minutes from the Lido in Stresa; at its peak visitors can enjoy the spectacular 360° views; which encompass 7 lakes and the Italian Alps. The Borromeo Islands of Isola Madre, Isola Bella, Isolino di San Giovanni, the botanical gardens of Villa Taranto and Santa Caterina del Sasso Monastery are easily reachable by ferry from Stresa. The romantic Lake Orta is also within a 30 minutes' drive.
Fun for kids
- BAVENO AQUADVENTURE PARK: aquapark, artificial rock climbing, cyclocross, high ropes.
- CASTLE OF ANGERA DOLLS MUSEUM: the castle houses Europe’s largest doll and children’s clothing museum.
- THE BORROMEO ISLAND PUPPET MUSEUM: excursion to the Borromeo Islands. “Isola Bella” was built and dedicated to Isabella d’Adda. Admire puppets, interesting archaeological finds and a beautiful garden.
- ALPYLAND: amusement park on the top of the Mottarone, a place providing a wonderful view over the Alps, lakes and the whole Lombard territory. On the top of the mount you can live the experience of the Alpine Coaster, a bobsled roller coaster for both summer and winter. Amusement for people of all ages.
- SANCARLONE Arona: San Carlo statue 35 metres tall (slightly smaller than the Statue of Liberty go up inside the statue reach the head where you can enjoy the panoramic lake views from his ear and eye holes.
- SAFARI PARK Pombia
- VILLA PALLAVICINO Stresa
If rented for 12 people 12
THE VILLA (sleeps 12)
The villa is laid out on 3 floors. There are 3 bedrooms areas with a total of 6 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Each group of bedrooms (A), (B), (C) share a bathroom.
- Entrance hall
- Living room with access to the garden and to the Andalusian patio, two comfortable sofas, decorative fireplace, TV (Sky), table for 8
- Fully equipped spacious kitchen: 6 burns stove, electric oven, large fridge with freezer and ice maker, dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, table for 6 people
- Andalusian patio spacious courtyard with 2 tables one for 8 peeople and on for 4 people
- Toilet room
- Laundry (acces from the patio) with washing machine (the staff has access to the laundry)
- Master bedroom (A) with lake view
- Twin bedroom (A) accessed by the patio
- Bathroom (A) with tub (the bathroom can be accessed directly by the two rooms)
- Sitting room
- Twin/double bedroom (B) with lake view - the beds can be pushed together
- Twin/double bedroom (B) with study room - (the room features 2 levels: study room with desk, TV and printer and the twin/double bed in the loft upstairs - view towards the village - the beds can be pushed together
- Bathroom (B) with shower
- Double bedroom (C) with lake view and access to the terrace
- Twin/double bedroom (C) with lake view and access to the terrace (this bedroom can be accessed only from the terrace or through the other bedroom - the beds can be pushed together
- Bathroom (C) with shower (the bathroom can be accessed only passing through the twin bedroom)
The interiors are bright and nicely furnished. Please note: The friendly caretaker lives on the top floor of the property in a separated unit with independent entrance. Two very friendly dogs live in the garden, please enquire if this could be a problem.
If rented for 16 people 16
AS ABOVE PLUS THE GUESTHOUSE (sleeps 4):
The guesthouse has a beautiful private outdoor area and is laid out on 2 levels featuring 2 apartments (approx 70 square meters each).
- Ground floor unit: living area with sofa and kitchenette, twin bedroom (beds can be pushed together), bathroom with shower, washing machine
- Upper floor unit: lake view living area with sofa and kitchenette, double bedroom, bathroom with tub.
The windows of the dependence towards the lawn in front of the house can not be opened. The access to the guesthouse area is totally independent being on the opposite side of the villa. When the units are rented together with the villa, guests can pass through the gate connecting the two gardens (please ask for the layout).
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Lago Maggiore||18 Mar 2017 - 15 Apr 2017
21 Oct 2017 - 25 Nov 2017
|15 Apr 2017 - 17 Jun 2017
09 Sep 2017 - 21 Oct 2017
|17 Jun 2017 - 09 Sep 2017
If rented for 12 people
12 PAX 12
|5700 EUR €||7100 EUR €||7200 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingIf rented for 12 people|
If rented for 16 people
16 PAX 16
|7850 EUR €||9300 EUR €||10000 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingIf rented for 16 people|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
If rented for the reduced price for smaller groups up to 12 people the guesthouse will not be available.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only.
Pool size: 16 x 4 x 1.40 m / opening dates: May 13th - September 23rd. Pool towels are provided.
For bookings with more than 3 children please inquire.
Baby bed available: free of charge.
Pets not allowed.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Cook service.
- First shopping.
- Food shopping.
Security deposit, heating, telephone to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 1500.
- Heating (if required): metered.
- Telephone: metered.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm at an extra fee: EUR 50.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, water, electricity, gas, Internet WIFI connection, maid service (4 hours daily house cleaning from Monday to Saturday), final cleaning, pool cleaning service, garden maintenance all included in the price.
Please note: for this property final payment is due earlier than usual, please ask for this when booking.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.