A bright and spacious villa with lake views
Located in a tranquil private parkland on the Baveno hillside, Villa Bianca overlooks the Borromean Gulf with a beautiful view over Lake Maggiore. The mansion, built during the 40's, is surrounded by a 20.000 square-meter park with manicured lawns and pine woods. The villa is located 1 km uphill the lovely village of Baveno, where you can find many restaurants, bars and grocery shops. The villa is also close to the elegant town of Stresa (5 km) and less than 60 km from the International Airport of Milano Malpensa which it can easily be reached in about one hour by highway or by train from the Milano Centrale station.
Recently renovated the spacious villa is suitable for ten to thirteen guests. There are five bedrooms, seven bathrooms and several spacious living areas. Interiors combine traditional Italian elegance with a modern twist. The villa has all the possible amenities in order to offers to its guests the maximum of comfort possible, with air conditioning in all bedrooms, Wifi, Flat screen Tv’s and the pool heat with a solar panel. Villa Bianca features a wellness area with a gym, a massage room, a Jacuzzi tub for 5 people, a steam bath. The style is elegant, sober and refined, embellished with soft colors that, together with the wide big windows, give the house plenty of light.
The private outdoor area consists of a perfectly maintained garden and pines trees at the rear of the villa. The pool area is equipped with elegant iron deckchairs, sunshades and shower. There is a wonderful covered area with table and chairs and a Barbeque for al fresco dinners, and a second covered area with garden sofas and chairs, all with an amazing lake view.
The surrounding area of Baveno and Stresa offer plenty of opportunities for water sports, hiking, cycling, golf, boat trips, sightseeing trips and skiing at the Mottarone Ski Centre. Water sport fans can enjoy a day out on the lake with boat rental and a wakeboarding school.
The popular Stresa-Mottarone cable car departs every 20 minutes from the Lido in Stresa, at its peak visitors can enjoy the spectacular 360° views which encompass 7 lakes and the Italian Alps.
The Borromeo Islands of Isola Madre, Isola Bella, Isolino di San Giovanni, the botanical gardens of Villa Taranto and Santa Caterina del Sasso Monastery are easily reachable by ferry from Stresa.
The romantic Lake Orta is also within a 30-minute drive.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5 x 12m
- Heated pool
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Minibar in all bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Grand piano
- Satellite TV
- Apple TV
- Playstation 3
- Bose Bluetooth
- Professional kitchen (with fridge, hob, oven, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, coffee machine, dishwasher, full place settings and cooking utensils)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Jacuzzi for 5 people and steam bath
- Professional gym equipment
- Relax area, massages equipped area, herbal tea area
- Table tennis, table football
- Playroom with toys for kids
- Barbecue grill
- Two covered verandas: one with barbecue & table and one with sofas & table, both with lake view
- Parking inside the property gates
Baveno 1 km
Stresa 5 km
Pallanza 10 km
Lake Orta 20 km
Cannero 26 km
Arona 30 km
Cannobio 32 km
Como 90 km
Milan 94 km
Locarno (Switzerland) 50 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Maggiore and it’s worthwhile exploring as many as you can. It is recommend that you spend the mornings on the west side with the afternoons on the east side of the lake, that way you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, hydrofoils (corse rapide), car ferries (traghetti) and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Maggiore. The best views of many of the attractions along the shore of Lake Maggiore are from the water, so you'll want to take at least one trip by boat. A ferry around the heart of Lake Maggiore is a must. The most popular of the stops remains the The Borromean Islands.
The Borromean Islands lie off Stresa, where boats leave regularly for all three islands, stopping first at Isola Bella, where between 1650 and 1671, Count Vitaliano Borromeo built up terraces and created a splendid summer palace. For most visitors, the most impressive part of Isola Bella is the Italian-style garden, rising in ten terraces to a height of 32 meters and covered with luxuriant southern vegetation. On a Lake Maggiore Isola Bella Hop-On Hop-Off Ferry Tour from Stresa, you can leave Stresa and return on your own schedule, spending as much time exploring the palace and gardens as you like.
Like Isola Bella, Isola Madre belongs to the Borromeo family. The island has beautiful English-style grounds surpassing even Isola Bella in the variety and luxuriance of their plants, although by the nature of a landscape garden, they are less flamboyant and more designed for strolling and appreciating the lake views at leisure.
Unlike the other two Borromean Islands, Isola dei Pescatori has no grand palace, villa, or gardens. Instead, it is a simple fishing village of homes built along its highest point, their doorways facing inward along a narrow street so spring and autumn high lake waters won't flood them. About 50 year-round residents come and go by boat, and some families still make their living by fishing. It's a pleasant and atmospheric place to wander, and its few restaurants specialize in lake fish. Be there for lunch or ask which of these provides free boat service from the mainland if you'd like to return in the evening to dine on the terrace by sunset.
Enjoy the lovely park of the Villa Taranto, created after the Second World War by a retired Scottish army officer, a botanist who collected plants from around the world to grow in this English landscape-style garden park. More than 20,000 plant varieties - flowers, trees, shrubs, and water plants - native to this region and to places as distant as the Amazon rain forests thrive in this beautiful setting overlooking lake views, making Villa Taranto one of the most popular places to visit on Lake Maggiore.
Monte Mottarone Cable Car: Although you can drive to the top of Monte Mottarone (1,491 meters) on a toll road, it's far more fun - and the views are better - taking the cable car from the shore of Lake Maggiore in Stresa. At the end of the cable car ride, a chairlift (free with a cable car ticket) takes you to the very top for views down onto Lake Orta and of a chain of Alps from Monte Viso to Ortles, with Monte Rosa to the west (the light is particularly beautiful in the morning). As you ascend the mountain, you can enjoy excellent views of Lake Maggiore and the Borromean Islands below.
Rocca d'Angera, the Borromeo castle overlooking the lake at Angera, is a medieval fortified stronghold whose structure has been preserved almost intact. It is a fine medieval building with stunning views from its tower and an exceptional collection of dolls, toys and games in the Doll Museum. Wheelchair access
Santa Caterina del Sasso is a hermitage clinging to the rocks above Lake Maggiore and is a unique place to visit.
The Laveno Bucket Lift is an alternative way to see Lake Maggiore. As you ascend the slopes of Mount Sasso del Ferro there are panoramic views of Lake Maggiore and the Alps.
Stresa: On the west side of Lake Maggiore, south of its western arm, the chic little town of Stresa looks onto the Borromean Islands. Stresa is the largest resort town on the Italian part of the lake and tends to cater to a moneyed crowd with its smart shops, upscale restaurants, and posh hotels. The lakeside promenade, where much of tourist life centers, offers beautiful views across to the islands. If you're looking for the best places to go shopping in Stresa, look in the streets off Piazza Giocomo Matteotti, near the tourist information office.
Villa Pallavicino is just a 10 minute stroll along the lakefront from Stresa. From its dramatic entrance view of cypress trees carved into a row of arches, Villa Pallavicino is filled with surprises. A combination of botanical garden and zoo, the park is beautifully landscaped into a natural amphitheater surrounding a villa. Magnolia trees, sequoia, an impressive Lebanon cedar, and manicured lawns bordered by rhododendrons, camellias, and azaleas cover the grounds. Greenhouses hold more exotic species. In the natural environment, animals appear to be roaming free, and you can encounter llamas, zebra, Tibetan goats, flamingos, swans, and colorful parrots - more than 40 different species - as you wander through the park.
On the west shore of Lake Maggiore, almost to the Swiss border, Cannobio sits on a small plateau at the mouth of the Valle Cannobina. Its old town has picturesque narrow streets and a Palazzo della Ragione (town hall) built in 1291. Near the landing-stage for lake excursion boats is the Santuario della Pietà, a Renaissance church that houses a small picture with a number of miracles attributed to it.
Just south of Cannobio is one of the prettiest towns on Lake Maggiore, Cannero Riviera, sitting amid orchards and olive-groves. The climate here is the mildest on the lake, and lemon and orange trees can survive the winter outdoors. There is a beautiful beach, rare on the lake, and a pleasant promenade along the lakefront. Just offshore, on rocky islets in the lake, are the ruins of the two Castelli di Cannero, castles built by Lodovico Borromeo in 1519 replacing earlier castles, which had been held by lake pirates. This is a quiet, peaceful choice for a base while exploring the lake, with a few small hotels, outdoor cafés, and great restaurants.
On the west side of Monte Mottarone, little Lake Orta is overlooked by most tourists visiting the Italian lakes region, which only increases its appeal. It is considered the most romantic among the Italian lakes. The picture-perfect medieval town of Orta San Giulio tumbles down the steep wooded shore to Piazza Motta, where you can (and should) take a boat to the tiny island of Isola San Giulio in the lake's center.
Lake Orta has always been a haven for poets and other creative people. Nietzsche spent the years 1883 to 1885 in retreat at Lake d'Orta to write "Thus Spoke Zarathustra." Other 19th-century writers enchanted by its quiet beauty include the French novelist Honoré de Balzac, who wrote and Robert Browning.
The Sacro Monte of Orta, included on the UNESCO world heritage list, is maybe the most remarkable sacred site. Set up in a botanical garden on a hill overlooking the lake, it is dedicated to the life of Saint Francis, with 21 chapels, built between the 15th and the 17th century, richly decorated with frescoes and terracotta statues by famous artists.
Browse the local markets: As with all Italian markets, the ones around Lake Maggiore are bursting with local cheese and cold meats, fruit and vegetables and olives as well as clothes, shoes and handbags! Treat yourself to a new bag or pick up the ingredients for a picnic. We love the weekly market in Stresa but bigger markets are held in Cannobio on a Sunday morning and Luino on a Wednesday.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life.
Lake Maggiore is close to the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores.
Lake Maggiore boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Outdoor Activities: biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Maggiore. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing.
Enjoy a paragliding flight for two people together with a professional coach.
Lake Maggiore can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Maggiore has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
Enjoy music and concerts during summer time: Stresa Music Festval, Baveno Festival Giordano, Nights Of Notes - the musical feast which for years has enlivened summer evenings in Verbania and neighboring towns, Moon and Stars Locarno, Jazz Cat Club Ascona.
Zermatt and the Matterhorn: Europe's most widely recognized mountain is the Matterhorn, whose distinctive profile provides the stunning backdrop for the Swiss town of Zermatt. You might think this is too far to travel from Lake Maggiore, but it's actually only about 2.5 to 3 hours away by road or train. An easy way to get here (and for about the same price or less than driving or taking the train) is on a Zermatt and Matterhorn Day Trip from Stresa. An air-conditioned coach will take you through the Ossola Valley and high into the mountains as you cross the scenic Simplon Pass. After a photo stop at the Belvedere panoramic viewpoint, you descend from the pass and travel through the Swiss Alps to the village of Taesch, where a rack and pinion railway climbs the rest of the way into Zermatt. Here, you have an entire afternoon to ride one of the mountain tramways for closer views of the Matterhorn or visit the attractions of picture-perfect Zermatt before returning to Stresa.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
If rented with 5 bedrooms
- From the patio, a hallway leads to a large and bright living room (satellite TV, white leather sofas in front of the fireplace) facing the furnished veranda with open lake views.
- The hall has been embellished with an old Austrian grand piano, which was completely renovated and that is functioning for evening entertainment.
- A less formal sitting room gives access to the beautiful covered terrace providing a scenic view of the lake.
- On the opposite side there is the dining room with large round dining table for 12.
- The stainless professional steel kitchen overlooks the park and is equipped with every modern appliances.
- An easily accessible TV room with a comfortable double sofa bed is perfectly suited as an additional guest bedroom, opening towards the garden.
- Bathroom with shower
The second floor sleeping accommodation features five further double bedrooms with hotel-style interiors, equipped with air conditioning and flat-screen SAT TVs.
- 1 lake view bedroom with king size double bed and luxury en suite shower
- 1 lake view double bedroom with private balcony and luxury en suite shower
- 1 lake view bedroom with twin joinable beds and luxury en suite shower
- 1 garden view bedroom with twin joinable beds and luxury en suite shower
- 1 lake view twin bedroom furnished with an extra single sofa bed and luxury en suite shower
Relax and wellness area, basement:
- The wellness area occupies the whole basement and it is accessible directly from the garden, through four big French windows, or from the travertine stairwell descending from the living area. Guests can relax in the Jacuzzi or the steam bath and they can work out with professional gym equipment, then rest over comfortable relax beds or sip herbal teas prepared in the herbal tea corner. Upon request, it is possible to book massages. The fitness area is equipped with a private bathroom with shower.
- Just next to the wellness area, a multifunction space has been designed with walls of natural stone, TV, several sofas, armchairs and an impressive refectory table. Also this room has beautiful lake views and direct garden access through three big French windows.
- On the same floor is the laundry room with washing machine, dryer and iron.
- Dining area with tables, chairs and BBQ
- Furnished comfortable veranda with a further dining area and garden sofas
- Pool with elegant iron deckchairs, sunshades and shower
- Parking inside the property gates
14 Apr 2020 - 16 May 2020
26 Sep 2020 - 31 Dec 2020
7550 EUR €
16 May 2020 - 06 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 26 Sep 2020
10150 EUR €
11650 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Bianca||01 Jan 2020 - 10 Apr 2020
14 Apr 2020 - 16 May 2020
26 Sep 2020 - 31 Dec 2020
|10 Apr 2020 - 14 Apr 2020
16 May 2020 - 06 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 26 Sep 2020
|06 Jun 2020 - 29 Aug 2020
If rented with 5 bedrooms
10 PAX 10
|7550 EUR €||10150 EUR €||11650 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingIf rented with 5 bedrooms|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Short term rental accepted in May - June - September:
3 nights 60% of the weekly amount
4 nights 70% of the weekly amount
5 nights 80% of the weekly amount
6 nights 90% of the weekly amount
- Bed linens changed on Saurday
- Bath/pool/fitness towels changed midweek
- Air conditioning in the bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Daily cleaning of bedrooms and bathrooms only (the daily cleaning does not include kitchen cleaning and dish washing); attention: on departure, kitchen and BBQ must be left in “standard” cleaning conditions, otherwise an extra charge of EUR 100 will be applied.
- Selection of herbal tea available in the spa
- Pool cleaning and fitness center maintenance
- Garden maintenance
- Welcome pack: basic grocery shopping + prepared delivered dinner consisting in Caprese salad, green salad, ham and melon, fruit salad.
- Pool heating (on request): metered
- Heating (if required): metered / EUR 1,20 per m3
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- 3 additional beds available: additional 6th bedroom on the ground floor (transformed TV room with double sofabed) and one single bed in an upper floor bedroom, to be requested and to be paid upon booking. Price per person per week:
EUR 900 high season
EUR 800 mid season
EUR 600 low season
- Additional 6th bedroom (transformed TV room with double sofabed) in case of only 10 persons maximum: EUR 230 per week.
- Baby bed (0 - 2 years) if maximum capacity PAX 10 is exceeded: EUR 200 per week
- Tourist tax: EUR 3.50 per person/night (children from 7 years old)
EUR 2000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Extra cleaning service: EUR 25 per hour
- Extra change bath/pool linen: EUR 10 per pax
- Extra bed linen change: EUR 15 double bed - EUR 10 single bed
- International breakfast buffet: EUR 15 per person
- Lunch/dinner: price on request
- Birthday party kids/adults kit (balloons - happy birthday garland - etc.)
- Any kind of presents and birthday cakes on request
- Masseuse (list of the massages and prices on request)
- Hairstylist (list of the services and prices on request)
- Beautician (list of the service and prices on request)
- Bunch of flowers: EUR 50
- First grocery shopping: EUR 50 plus the cost of the items
- Boat lake tour with private boat and cocktail on board if requested: prices on request
- FULL SERVICE: BREAKFAST / DINNER / DAILY KITCHEN CLEANING and LAUNDRY SERVICE, price on request
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- PLEASE NOTE: For this property the check-in is possible from 3 to 7pm. Check-out time is at 9am.
- Pool opening dates: May 2nd - September 26th with water warmed by solar panel
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Baby equipment: 2 baby beds and 2 high chairs available, 1 stroller, 1 baby warm bottle and 2 extra children beds can be added in 2 of the bedrooms.
- Pets not allowed (maybe very small pets on request)
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7pm and midnight for an extra fee of EUR 50; between midnight and 6am EUR 100.
Unique in town villa with historic garden and splendid views
- Sleeps 12/16 Guests
- Bedrooms 6/8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 3/5 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 760 m2 m2