On Lake Como, 4 km east of Varenna.
A two-story cottage located in an ancient village.
|Prices||€ 2590 - 2990 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
A cottage for a family
Varenna, called “pearl of the lake”, is a quaint village lying on a promontory on the east coast of Lake Como. It is a quiet lakeshore town of beautiful old houses and romantic panoramas. Olive and cypress trees testify to the mild climate of the area, along with many botanical specimens normally found in warmer climates. A romantic walkway along the lakefront links the town center with Olivedo, the landing point for ferries and steamers. Because ferries connect it to other towns on Lake Como including a car ferry, and the train comes directly from Milan centre to Varenna (train ride little more than one hour), it is an ideal base for exploring northern Italy as well as the southern Swiss Alps. Varenna offers many wonderful possibilities for daytrips. Explore the castle of Vezio (5 minutes walk from the villa). Visit the gardens of Villa Monastero, Bellagio and Menaggio (15 minutes by ferry), Tremezzo and the famous Villa Carlotta, and Como, with its historic monuments, churches, and shopping.
Varenna, with its brightly painted houses and flowers along the lake edge, is only 10 min by car from this property. Visitors remark on the quiet and tranquility of Varenna, the relaxation afforded by the unhurried pace of this peaceful village. Take in the lovely walk along the lake edge down to the small stone beach which is inhabited by ducks, and enjoy some ice cream or coffee from the gelaterie nearby, or sit at an outside terrace of a cafe on the water’s edge to enjoy a meal and the beautiful scenery: the calm lake, the towns of Bellagio and Menaggio across, and the snowcapped mountains in the distance. Along the arcade near the water are a few shops, boutiques, and cafes. The sporting club in Varenna (3 km) has a pool and beach facilities.
Casa Rosina is a two-story cottage located in an ancient village on a hill above Varenna, just a two-minute walk from a 60-acre estate, where guests may park their cars (no cars are permitted in the village). Guests are also welcome to use the shared pool on the estate and the tennis court. A WIFI Internet connection is available in the reception office of the estate.
Although there are no shops in the village, guests can enjoy the specialties of the local inexpensive restaurant located just three minutes on foot from the house. Other restaurants, shops, ferry and railroad station are located in Varenna. You can also walk there on a downhill path which takes about 20 minutes, but the walk uphill will be more strenuous and will take longer. Wear good walking shoes!
Casa Rosina 6+1
Fully furnished kitchen & dining area
1 double bedroom
1 twin bedroom
1 bathroom with tub
1 smaller bathroom with shower
1 room with bunk beds (ideal for children)
In the garden, under a "pergola," is a dining area with a table, six chairs and two deck chairs. In the nearby estate, just a two-minute walk from the house, guests are welcome to use the shared pool and tennis court.
Weekly rates in €
|Casa Rosina||07 Jan 2017 - 15 Apr 2017
30 Sep 2017 - 23 Dec 2017
|15 Apr 2017 - 03 Jun 2017
26 Aug 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
23 Dec 2017 - 06 Jan 2018
|03 Jun 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
6+1 PAX 6
|2590 EUR €||2790 EUR €||2990 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingCasa Rosina|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday.
Pool opening dates: May 20th - September 23rd. Pool towels are provided.
Baby bed available.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Advanced grocery shopping.
- Breakfast service might be available (please check upon booking): 15 Euro per person to be confirmed.
- Cooking service for dinners during your stay.
- Cooking lessons.
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 15 per hour.
- Restaurant reservation.
Security deposit, utility deposit, heating, wood for fireplace, additional bed, final cleaning, use of the tennis court to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 1000.
- Utility deposit (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 100 per week for heating.
- Heating (if required): metered / EUR 5 per unit.
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Additional bed upon special request when booking: EUR 210 per week.
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 40 per week.
- Final cleaning: EUR 100.
- Extra set of bath towels: please check price on the premises.
- Extra set of bed linens: please check price on the premises.
- Tennis court: EUR 15 per hour during the day; EUR 20 per hour during the evening - please specify when booking.
- Pet allowed on special request (must be on leash in the garden, small breed only): EUR 80 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm at an extra fee: EUR 50.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, water, electricity, gas, Internet WIFI connection (available in and near a spacious recreation room approx. 50 m from the house and in the reception office of the estate), maid service (2 hours house cleaning on Tuesdays, Thursdays and for rentals longer than one week on Saturdays) all included in the price.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.