A spacious villa in the heart of the Maremma
Villa Vigneti is set in a 1200 acres private estate owned by a renowned Tuscan family, located in the heart of the Maremma, a lesser known and therefore all the more captivating part of Tuscany extending along the coast. The nearest beach is Punta Ala, 30 km from the estate.
The villa has a generous lay out of more than 800 square meters indoor space within various buildings and 1 ha (2,4 acres) of outdoor space, a lovely colour scheme and beautiful views. It has a large pool, a tennis court, an authentic Mediterranean hammam, and riding stables on the premises, golf in the vicinity.
The property is made of three separates buildings:
The main villa with 6 bedrooms, all en suite
The annex with one bedroom with its own bathroom
The pool house with summer kitchen, changing room, state-of-art hammam and bathroom
A total of 14 guests can be comfortably accommodated. There are 7 bedrooms – 6 bathrooms + 2 guest WCs. The interiours are beautifully decorated, featuring air conditioning in each bedroom. High ceilings and lots of large windows create a wonderful living space. Pleasant is the easy flow between indoors and outdoors thanks to many French windows. Outdoors there are lawned garden around the villa (1 hectare) and covered patio for al fresco dining.
Those enjoying a well-earned break at Villa Vigneti will be expertly looked after by the friendly staff. The maid is included in the rent and, on request, the cook can come in to prepare succulent Italian meals in line with the special needs and preferences of guests.
A beautiful riding facility with a club house for events, a bird sanctuary, and the ruins of the XII century Castello di Pia de’ Tolomei immortalized by Dante Alighieri in the Divine Comedy are all to be found within the estate.
The estate’s own horse stables offers guided excursions of various difficulties. Excursions can be organised within the property or in the nearby natural parks, with the possibility of riding all the way to the sea.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5 x 10m
- Pool house with shower, changing facilities and hammam
- Air conditioning in each bedroom, individually controlled
- Central heating
- Internet WIFI connection throughout the house, garden and pool area
- Extra large screen with Sky TV and Satellite
- Ipod docking station in living room
- Home office with PC, printer, fax, telephone and ipod docking station
- Billard table
- High quality laundry equipment, with 2 washing machines
- Rooms and bathrooms have a complete set of linen, bathrobe, hairdryer, bath set with soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion.
- 3 safes
- Drinking water dispenser
- Baby equipment: complimentary travel cot and high chair available on request
- Extras can be settled by credit card
- Lawned garden around the villa (1 hectare), covered patio and large terrace for “al fresco” dining
- Gardens and woods of the estate, including various strolling paths
- Ping pong table
- The estate has a tennis court for guests use (shared with another villa)
- The estate’s horse-riding centre offers guided excursions. Excursions can be organised within the property or to the nearby natural parks, all the way to the sea.
- The estate’s own horse stables offers guided excursions of various difficulties. Excursions can be organised within the property or in the nearby natural parks, with the possibility of riding all the way to the sea.
- Horse jumping facility and private riding lessons available
- Access to a nearby private golf club
- Nearest village Ribolla 4.5 km
- Massa Marittima 25 km
- Grosseto 30 km
- Nearest beach Punta Ala 30 km
- The roofless San Galgano abbey 56 km
- Sant'Antimo abbey 60 km
- Montalcino 60 km
- Siena 70 km
- Porto Ercole trendy’s harbour 90 km
- Saturnia with its famous thermal springs, 95 km
- Pisa 130 km
- Florence 180 km
- Rome 230 km
Beaches: Generally the water is warm enough to swim from mid May to mid October. Marina di Grosseto beach is a stretch of fine golden sand, lots of facilities and beach clubs (35 km - 35 minutes). Punta Ala is 30 km distant.
The islands and hiring a boat: In Porto Santo Stefano, you can hire boat which will take you to te islands of Giglio and Giannutri off the Tuscan coast. Giglio has a charming main village and castle, and many creeks hidden between the cliffs. Giannutri, its bare coastline dominated by the ruins of a Roman villa overlooking the sea, recalls some of the Greek islands, which deep-sea divers can look for sunken Roman galeons on the sea bed.
Grosseto, the main city of Maremma, consists of an old area enclosed by a beautiful hexagonal wall with six ramparts at the vertices. The historical centre is small, but well preserved. Market on Thursday - foodstuffs, household goods, clothes, plants and flowers.
The Parco Regionale de la Maremma which extends over 10.000 hectares along the coast has many signposted tracks affording views of herds of the lyre-horned cattle of the Maremma still rounded up by the local cowboys known as "butteri" and the indigenous horses of Maremma in the wild. Furthermore the park boast 7 towers, the ruins of an abbey and twenty-six grottoes. During the summer months the park can only be visited with a guide. Visits by night from 8 to 11 pm are a special thrill.
Massa Marittima, known as the medieval jewel of the Maremma is embedded in a landscape of rare beauty. The most important landmarks are: the Cattedrale (Cathedral), Fortezza dei Senesi (Sienese Fortress), Palazzo Comunale, Palazzo Pretorio. Massa Marittimia is also known for his festival Balestro del Girofalco, an archery competition between the three neighbourhoods of the city. For more information, check out the official festival website http://www.societaterzierimassetani.it/?lang=en
A visit to the “Tuff stone villages”, three beautiful villages that lie on rocky outcrops, Sovana, Pitigliano and Sorano, which are among the “Borghi più belli d'Italia” (most beautiful villages in Italy), is particularly recommended.
Hot springs: Tuscany is famous for its hot springs. Terme di Saturnia, at 1h 30 min from the estate, is the most spectacular, with hot waterfalls in the middle of nature. In summer one might prefer coming here in the evening or even better, at night.
Montalcino is beautifully situated on a hill inhabited since Etruscan times, swathed in vineyards and olive groves. It is a quiet, affluent, attractive town with pretty buildings and flower-filled squares, and many shops selling the Brunello di Montalcino.
Sant’Antimo is surely one of the loveliest Romanesque buildings in all of Italy. It is hard to imagine a more sympathetic combination of architectural grace and natural setting. Originally founded by Charlemagne in 800, the abbey was once home to a prominent Benedictine community. Creamy stone bricks, luminous Volterran alabaster, playful carvings and frescoes of animals give it a peculiarly sunny air. A group of French Cistercian monks now runs the abbey, celebrating Mass with Gregorian chants several times a day.
Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all of Tuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- Main entrance
- TV room
- Sitting room with fireplace
- Home office
- Dining room with fireplace
- Bedroom 1: Double with fourposter 180x200 cm, walk in closet, en suite bath with tub, extra large shower, 2 wash-basins and WC
- Bedroom 2: Double with fourposter 150 cm 195 cm and open fireplace, walk in closet, en suite bath with tub, extra large shower, 2 wash-basins and WC
- Bedroom 3: Twin 90x200, which can be turned into a double, door onto loggia, en suite bath with tub, shower, 2 wash-basins and WC
- Bedroom 4: Twin 90x200, which can be turned into a double, walk in closet, en suite bath with shower, 2 wash-basins and WC
- Bedroom 5: Twin 90x200 cm, can be turned into a double, shares a bathroom with n °6 : tub, shower, 2 wash-basins and WC
- Bedroom 6: Double with fourposter 190x200 cm, shares a bathroom with n °5: tub, shower, 2 wash-basins and WC
- Billard room
- Sitting room sofabed (1 person) with breakfast kitchen
- Bedroom 7: double 160x170, walk in closet, en suite bath with tub, extra large shower, wash basin, WC
- Summer kitchen
- Changing room with shower, hammam and WC
- Large area with dining table
- Outdoor living room
30 Sep 2023 - 31 Dec 2023
on request EUR €
02 Sep 2023 - 30 Sep 2023
on request EUR €
on request EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Vigneti||01 Jan 2023 - 29 Apr 2023
30 Sep 2023 - 31 Dec 2023
|26 Apr 2023 - 03 Jun 2023
02 Sep 2023 - 30 Sep 2023
|03 Jun 2023 - 02 Sep 2023
14 PAX 14
|on request EUR €||on request EUR €||on request EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Vigneti|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
For prices and availability please enquire.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linen with change on Saturday
- Pool towels
- Daily house-keeping up to 8 hours per day, Sunday 8.30 to 12.30
- Breakfast service every morning (food and drinks extra)
- Simple welcome dinner (wine not included)
- Acces to private golf club
- Use of a tennis court
- Air conditioning
- Water cooler available for guests
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Tourist tax
Guests are asked to make a security deposit of EUR 3000 (credit card pre-authorisation held by the agency). At the end of the stay the credit card pre-autorisation will be cancelled, unless it has to be used partly or fully for any damage.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Additional change of linen during the week
- A wonderful Italian cook can come in on request
- Pre-arrival grocery stock up
- Additional maid service and personal laundry
- A selection of Tuscan wines and hard drinks available in the house
- Baby sitter
- Extra change of bed linen
- Cooking lessons
- Tennis lessons
- Riding lessons
- Rental of mountain bikes, delivered to the house
- Massages and other beauty ritual, in house
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: please enquire.
- Pets accepted at owner’s discretion: please enquire upon booking.
- Special conditions apply to this rental property: The deposit payment for this rental property amounts to 50%; a 30% of the total rental amount is non-refundable at any time.
Luxuriosly restored farmhouse close to the Tuscan coast
- Sleeps 18 Guests
- Bedrooms 9 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 9 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 1000 m2 m2