In a fairytale landscape
Villa Aurora is a large, historic villa just south of Florence. Located halfway between Florence and Siena (22 miles each), it is perched on a hilltop amidst a lush green countryside. The villa has a large swimming pool, a lovely garden with amazing views, terraces and patios.
This location is outstanding: From the garden you can enjoy stunning views of the gentle rolling hills, vineyards, olive trees leading to the extraordinary ancient towers of San Gimignano in the distance. The valley below is of rare beauty.
The antique tower dates back to around the year 1000, the villa itself to the middle of the 18th century. Once used as the summer retreat for a Florentine family the owner undertook a painstaking restauration. The facade opens onto beautifully interiors, Italian furnishings at its best.
The massive walls, high wood-panelled ceilings, arches, wall friezes and wall frescoes, stuccoes and hand-painted ceilings in some of the rooms enhance the special atmosphere of this ancient house. All the original materials have been preserved or harmoniously matched with contemporary equivalents. Tuscan colored walls, terracotta floors, beautiful mirrors with gold-painted baroque frames create a charming atmosphere resonant with history and art.
The villa is partly air-conditioned and it has 6 generous bedroom suites, each with a sitting area by the window, a fridge for drinks and an en suite bathroom. There is a large entrance hall, a spacious living room with grand piano and another small living room with open fireplace. Externally accessed there is a spacious room facing the garden with fully equipped kitchen and large dining room. The al fresco dining area is right in front of the villa, close to the kitchen. When joining for meals guests enjoy wonderful garden views. A cook can come into the house.
The beautiful classical Tuscan garden with hand-carved stone balusters is laid out on the south side of the villa. From here you can follow the course of the sun from sunrise to sunset. The panoramic view is magnificent, maybe even unsurpassable. It may sound exaggerated but we want to say it: you can feel the surface of the globe here!
Rosemary and lavender bushes line the path to the large and elegant pool, which is spectacularly located on a plateau of English lawn and sits high above the valley. Near the pool are changing rooms. The park and the pool are romantically lit in the evening. Even when swimming in the pool you can savour the enchanting view of one of the most beautiful Chianti valleys.
The property is an active "Azienda Agricola" and cultivates the neighbouring fields. You may stroll through the olive groves and vineyards surrounding the Villa and taste the Chianti wine, olive oil and superb grappa produced by the farm. The farm organises wine tastings free of charge in the nearby wine cellar, and the recently awarded Super Tuscan wine is excellent.
Our Guests Reviews
We booked for our group of 6 couples, and the villa could not have been better. It was fantastic. The outdoor dining area is right in front of the villa, close to a spacious summer kitchen, and we ate at the large table almost every night. The views of sunset from the terrace over the olive trees and vineyards was amazing. The pool was also incredible! 360 degree panoramic views of the surrounding vineyards, refreshing water for a dip, and loungers to read and nap in. If you sit up at the pool after sunset, you'll be treated to a symphony of cinghiale snorts under the stars. My only complaint is that we enjoyed the villa so much we didn't explore as much as I planned! We definitely want to come stay here again! Cohen family, September 2019
Totally charming, comfortable, and beautifully situated! Surrounded by the quiet beauty of Tuscany and perfectly located for day trips anywhere in the area. We were 6 females of "a certain age" and felt like queens. The villa retains all of its character, but with modern conveniences. Excellent place, great ambiance! P. Walker, June 2019
A brilliant stay in a beautiful setting. The staff were so helpful and friendly. Do the wine tasting. We used the pool to cool off after a long day of sightseeing. Great restaurants close by. We recommend Osteria Casa Chianti. Great location, close to Florence, Siena. We were able to ship olive oil and wine back home. V. Sanders, October 2018
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 6 x 14m
- Air conditioning in four bedroom suites
- Mobile fans in two bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Cooker, oven
- Fridge with freezer
- Electric kettle
- American coffee machine
- Hair dryer
- Mini safe in two bedrooms
- Concert grand piano
- Satellite TV and telephone in the entrance hall
- Washing machine and ironing facilities in the pool house
- Wood pizza oven in the pool area
- Classical Tuscan garden with hand-carved stone balusters
- Terrace for al fresco dining with amazing views
- Barbecue grill
- Parking inside the property
- Restaurant 800 m
- Fiano (next village) 2 km
- Certaldo 7 km
- S. Gimignano 17 km
- Colle Val d'Elsa 25 km
- Florence 40 km
- Siena 40 km
- Livorno (coast) 90 km
- Pisa (coast) 90 km
The villa is in the perfect location, just 40 minutes outside Florence. It overlooks a spectacular valley of vineyards, and the sunsets are amazing. In the morning, fog envelopes the valley floor, and the ancient towered city of San Gimignano rises on the opposite end of the valley, which you can see from the villa. 7 km away is the small town of Certaldo, which has a modern grocery store and other shops. 2 km away in Fiano you can find a grocery shop, a butcher, a pharmacy, post and a nice breakfast bar
A Tuscan restaurant with a nice patio, a small alimentari (corner store) and one of the oldest churches of the region are within walking distance (approx. 800 m). Bring a torch if you like to walk as the street to the restaurant is not illuminated. In the proximity of the villa there is a great variety of small trattorias and specialty restaurants - each night you can dine in a new place. Eating out is a way of getting to know the area. Simple local trattorias rub their shoulders with more sophisticated restaurants specialised in refined cuisine. Fresh local produce allways plays the leading role.
Villa della Torre is a perfect starting point to explore Tuscany: situated in the heart of Chianti, it is a short drive to Florence and Siena. The villa's location only 7 km from the railway station of Certaldo is a good base to visit Florence and Siena even by train: You can park your car in Certaldo (parking next to the railway station) and take the train in both directions. During the week, trains to Florence/Siena and back go regularly (approx. every 1.5 or 2 hours). The train ride takes less than an hour. In Florence the train will take you to the main train station which is right in the centre of Florence - it is just a short walk from the station "Santa Maria Novella" to the Cathedral or the Uffizi. In Siena the railway station is located approx. 3 km from centre, and you have to take a bus to reach the old town on top of the hill. One hour of driving takes you to the sea.
The Chianti area: Famous for its wines - the Chianti Classico - this area of Tuscany has more than just world-class oenological pleasures to offer. The curious visitor will come accross many delightful villages, each of them with a history of its own. Let us simply mention lesser known gems such as the romanesque church of Sant'Appiano, the Basilica of Impruneta, the fortified castle of Monteriggioni and the roofless romanesque abbey of San Galgano which are all close. And don’t miss the Saturday market in the small town of Greve.
San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town in the province of Siena, Tuscany, north-central Italy. It is mainly famous for its medieval architecture, especially its towers, which may be seen from several kilometers outside the town. The town also is known for the white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, grown in the area.
Florence: The city lies on the Arno River and is known for its history and its importance in the Middle Ages and in the Renaissance, especially for its art and architecture. A centre of medieval European trade and finance, the city is often considered the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance; in fact, it has been called the Athens of the Middle Ages. It was long under the de facto rule of the Medici family. From 1865 to 1870 the city was also the capital of the Kingdom of Italy. The historic centre of Florence continues to attract millions of tourists each year and was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
Siena: The Sienese have no doubt, their town is the most beautiful in all of Tuscany, if not all of Italy. Siena has remained a Gothic city. Renaissance, one of the major influences in Florence, hardly affected the urban development of Siena. The city unfolds around the main shell-shaped square called "Il Campo." Twice a year the famous horse race known as the "Palio" takes place here. The narrow streets are lined with old shops and small cafes, while churches and museums are real treasures of the fourteenth century.
Local craftsmanship: hand-made terracotta pots from Impruneta, hand painted pottery from Montelupo, mouth-blown crystal glass from the neighbouring village Colle Val d'Elsa, not to mention the south bank of the Arno river in Florence where you will find a multitude of craftsmen working silver, leather, wood, glass, paper and metal.
Sports: riding stable 5 km, tennis court 10 km, beauty spa with sauna 15 km, golf course 35 km.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- An impressive entrance hall with imposing staircase made of the silver-greyish Pietra-Serena stone is the first thing you see when stepping into the villa.
- Bedroom 1 "Caminetto": double bedroom (can be prepared as twin bedroom)
- Bedroom 2 "Caminetto": twin bedroom (beds can be joined)
- 2 bathrooms (shower)
- Small living room with open fireplace
- Centrally located, exceptionally big drawing room measuring approx. 65 sqm with three windows facing the garden, equipped with sofas, armchairs and a concert grand piano awaiting gifted hands.
- Bedroom 3 "Torre" air-conditioned: double bedroom (can be prepared as twin bedroom) located in the antique tower with high ceiling, en suite bathroom (shower)
- Bedroom 4 "Affresco Suite" air-conditioned: double bedroom (beds cannot be divided) beautifully decorated with wall friezes and wall frescoes, en suite bathroom (shower)
- Bedroom 5 "Terrazza Suite" air-conditioned: double bedroom (beds cannot be divided), en suite bathroom (shower), private living room and access to a private terrace with amazing views onto the open valley
- Large summer room with dining area and fully equipped kitchen; the room has French doors opening to the panoramic terrace equipped for al fresco dining.
- Bedroom 6 "Bellavista Suite" air-conditioned: double bedroom (beds cannot be divided), en suite bathroom (shower), private living room with large windows facing the beautiful valley
- Terrace equipped for al fresco dining with beautiful garden views
- Classical Tuscan garden with lawns and various sitting areas
- Wood pizza oven in the pool area
- Private swimming pool
- Parking inside the property
6900 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Aurora||23 May 2020 - 24 Oct 2020
||6900 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Aurora|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Internet WIFI connection
- Baby bed
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Tourist tax
- Heating if required (electric heating by portable radiators in all the bedroom suites): EUR 60 per day
- Air conditioning if required in 4 bedroom suites: Euro 240 per week
- Additional beds if maximum capacity PAX 12 is exceeded: please enquire
- Final cleaning: EUR 250
- Pool towels if required: EUR 10 per towel
- Pet allowed: EUR 50 domestic pet supplement per week
EUR 800 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- First shopping
- Cook service
- Catering and chef service
- DJ / music groups
- Wine and oil tasting at the owner's winery
- Weddings and receptions for up to 100 people
- Vintage car with driver
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates
- Pool opening dates: April 25th - October 17th
A country house with fabulous views in the most coveted region of Tuscany
- Sleeps 10+1 Guests
- Bedrooms 5 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 5+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 350 m2 m2
Masterly designed and immaculately furnished country house
- Sleeps 12+2 Guests
- Bedrooms 6 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 6+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 390 m2 m2