In a landscape of rare beauty
Il Podere is a beautiful farmhouse located halfway between Florence and Siena, in the heart of the Chianti Hills. This is one of the most popular regions in central Tuscany, and the scenery around this house is of incredible beauty. Vineyards, olive groves and fields form a paradise-like landscape, which was moulded over centuries by the farmers' patient toil. The surrounding countryside resembles one immense garden. The elevated position offers a unique view. It may sound exaggerated but we find you can feel the surface of the earth here.
The south side of the villa overlooks a wide valley: your eyes will wander into the distance, over the many hilltops of the Chianti landscape to the antique towers of the renowned hill town S. Gimignano. The house is part of a sixty-nine acre estate specializing in the production of extra virgin olive oil.
The original structure is an 11th century watch tower. It used to serve as a defensive tower for the nearby castle S. Maria Novella. Side wings were added later transforming the house into a farmstead.
Although Il Podere has been completely restored, the old structure has been respected and original materials have been reused wherever possible. Originally the villa was furnished for private use, giving the interior ambience authenticity and conveying the charm of a private home. Typical regional features include the terracotta floors, the ceiling beams, the large fireplace with small window and the decorative pizza oven in the kitchen.
Flower beds decorate the entrance area at the north end. At the panoramic south end the garden merges into the wide, open countryside. This is where the outdoor areas are located. The garden is furnished with quality teak furniture. A pergola near to the kitchen invites to relax and to enjoy outdoor meals. Sun lounges can be found by the pool, a few steps down the lawn.
The small village of Fiano is just a mile away, with nearby a restaurant, and can be reached on foot (over the fields) or in just a few minutes by car. In Fiano there is also a a grocery store with fresh bread counter and butcher shop, a bar, a pharmacy, a post office and a cash machine. A supermarket can be found in Tavarnelle at 7 km or in Certaldo at 9 km. Certaldo also has a railway station with good connections to Florence and Siena. The autostrada linking Siena with Florence is just 15 minutes away.
The keyholder speaks English and will greet you when you arrive. She is a great cook and offers cook service. The English-speaking son of the owner, Niccolò, lives also on the premises, in the adjacent, second farmhouse. He is on hand to help you for any question you might have, he will give you information about the region, you can request to taste wine and olive oil, and he has created a vegetable garden also for the guests.
Our Guests Reviews
What an unforgettable experience. We celebrated my 50th birthday and we could not have asked for more. The views from the grounds of the rolling hills of Tuscany are unparalleled. We could easily make day trips to Sienna, San Gimignano, Volterra, Chianti for wine tasting etc... One could not ask for a better or more enjoyable experience. We will always remember!
L . Torres, September 2018
20-05-2017: Harris - Australia
Thank you for a wonderful week in your villa the setting is amazing.... the house spacious yet cozy with space to relax and enjoy the local Chianti looking over the valley.. the hospitality provided by Susanna, Antonella, Nic and Laura was amazing we enjoyed many beautiful meals including sme of the best pork we have tasted....
13-05-2017: Mc Connel - Australia
We were delighted to spend a beautiful week at your villain the company of our good friends. We have enjoied the comfort of the villa in such a beautiful setting. The hospitality and welcome provided by you and your staff has been excellent....
Charming antique villa in a very good condition with breathtaking views in the hills of Tuscany
Left on Aug 19, 2016 for a stay in Aug 2016
Absolutely perfect charming villa for a big family or two families with incredible view in the hills of Tuscany where we enjoyed our 2weeks-stay during August with five children and two friends. Well located for daytrips to Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca, Volterra and San Gimignano ( you can see its towers from the Villa at the other side of the valley!) The best thing was Monica, who cared about us: exellent breakfast every morning with self-made cakes and bruscettas. Then she cleaned the house, it was like in a hotel. On day she showed us how to make fresh pasta and Tiramisu, delicious! We had a really wonderful time!
D. König, Germany
13-06-2016: Carney Family USA
Mamma Mia! Il Podere is a dream and Monica spoiled us with her many delicious cakes... C.F.
28-05-2016: Russels Australia
Thank you for our Italian trip it was sensational! The flights worked out well, Cinque Terra & the Porto Rocca hotel was beautiful and the Villa Il Podere, both location and setup was perfect. However the person that was pure gold was MONICA!! She prepared our breakfast each morning except Sunday, plus 2hours of house keeping and she cooked 2 dinners ,1 free &1 paid for at € 25.00 per person which were brilliant. Her personality is outstanding, we all loved.
Susanna the "concierge " was efficient & fine.
15-04-2016: Capathia and Aishaa
Greetings from Tuscany. We have spent this day in our fabulous Villa Il Podere enjoying the surroundings and each other's company. This morning as every morning Monica prepared a marvelous breakfast and then gifted us with an Italian bread soup which we ate for lunch and all you heard around the table was, 'mmm mmmm oooo this is so good'. This experience with these ladies is a wonderful one, we have had Susanna Civeli and her kindness from day one treat us with excellent customer service. I am a lucky girl and so very grateful. In back of our villa we look out at mountains, valleys and olive trees, where they make their own brand of Olive Oil!
08-10-2015: Il Podere was absolutely fantastic and surpassed all expectations!
We had a wonderfully, warm greeting with Susanne and Monica when we finally arrived on the Saturday afternoon. La Novellina was absolutely fantastic and surpassed all expectations. Of course the icing on the cake was Monica and all the family fell in love with her. Her cheerful morning greetings and wonderful surprises for breakfast each morning were a highlight. Monica also prepared 3 evening meals, one in the dining room, which were all wonderful.
We thought the villa and facilities were really great and the children loved the pool as the weather was perfect. We also bumped into and had a few conversations with Nick who was very helpful - I am sure he comes from a very nice family. Helen in fact also had a chat to Luisa on the Monica's phone just as we were leaving and expressed our thoughts about our time at Il Podere.
We have many fond memories to recount and are so glad we chose this villa! Many thanks for all your help Jane and very best wishes - will be in touch again when planning our next trip to Italy - our favourite European country!
Kym - AUSTRALIA
19-07-2015: We truly had an amazing time ...
I want to apologize of having get a chance to get back to you earlier.
We truly had an amazing time and enjoyed our vacation very much. It was very needed and our busy lives got us back much too fast…
We were impressed by Monica, the house keeper. She was always smiling, and was extremely welcoming. She represented the hospitality of Italy extraordinarily. We felt so spoiled when she cooked two dinner’s for us and all our friends at two occasions. She arranged all the shopping for that, prepared the menu, set the table, arranged the seating, served and cleaned-amazing!
On top of things she was a wonderful person to connect with my 4 year old daughter. They two of them had a blast!
Overall, it was a very relaxing vacation with lots of help and attention to details. We can highly recommend this Villa and you and Monica’s care to anybody. We will come back in the future!
Andrea, Christian and Anna - USA
02-08-2014: Il Podere was perfection...
“Il Podere was perfection. Beautiful house, great location and Susanna, Monica and Nick were all stellar and took great care of us. I can't say enough good about the experience. Thank you for making it happen. The trip of a lifetime!”
NG, Santa Monica (California) USA
21-06-2014: We were made to feel welcome at all times...
May I say what a pleasure it was to visit your lovely villa once again. Everything was as I remembered and even better, when we arrived we had a wonderful welcome from Susanna, Monica and Nico, they made us feel so welcome. I did have some apprehension about a daily breakfast and cleaning, but that also was excellent, every day we looked forward to the breakfast and Monica’s daily treat. She is a terrific addition to the Villa, so helpful, pleasant and friendly. The Tuscan meal was also a special treat and was very, very good. We were made to feel welcome at all times. Susanna was very friendly and it was good to know if we needed anything she could help us. Nico is a terrific young man, so courteous and friendly and of course a very good English speaker.
My friends thought the Villa was wonderful and had a great time, we were all sad to leave and hope one day to stay again.
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5 x 11m
- Pool area is gated
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Telephone for local calls
- Satellite TV
- DVD with a choice of movies for kids
- HIFI Stereo
- Washing machine and dryer
- 4 ring gas hob
- Large frige with freezer and icemaker
- Mosquito screens in all bedrooms
- Barbecue grill
- Loggia for al fresco dining
Certaldo 9 km
S. Gimignano 17 km
Colle Val d'Elsa 25 km
Florence 35 km
Siena 35 km
Livorno (coast) 75 km
Riding stable 7 km
Tennis court 10 km
Beauty spa with sauna 15 km
Golf course 35 km
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
5 air-conditioned bedrooms (4 doubles and 1 twin) and 5 bathrooms:
- 1 entrance
- 1 dining room
- 1 eat-in kitchen downstairs with access to the garden and outdoor dining area
- 1 double bedroom (reached by 3 steps) with en suite bathroom (shower)
- 1 external bathroom under the loggia (shower)
- 1 living room with fireplace and access to a small loggia with steps to the garden
- 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower and separate bathtub)
- 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower)
- 1 twin bedroom (no possibility to join the beds) with en suite bathroom (shower)
- 1 double bedroom (can be arranged as twin bedroom) with en suite bathroom (shower)
- Pergola for al fresco dining
- Pool (5 x 11m)
- Parking with shadow roof
Please note: Although completely restored IL PODERE maintains its ancient structure: the kitchen, the dining room and a bedroom, although at the ground floor are not on the same level. Guests with walking difficulties have to know that although they can access the ground floor bedroom and the kitchen from the exterior (avoiding the internal steps), the rest of the floor has short flights of stairs throughout. The access to the last floor bedroom is 20 cm lower than usual, so watch your head going up to this bedroom! The beds in the twin bedroom, cannot be joined together as a double bed: they sit against opposite walls with a doorway in between.
Adjacent to the IL PODERE house there is another farmhouse where the English speaking owner lives (one person). He is available to help guests with any problems that may arise. The outdoor facilities of the IL PODERE house (garden, pergola and pool) are completely private for the guests.
18 Apr 2020 - 02 May 2020
26 Sep 2020 - 24 Oct 2020
6000 EUR €
02 May 2020 - 06 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 26 Sep 2020
6850 EUR €
7350 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Il Podere||28 Mar 2020 - 11 Apr 2020
18 Apr 2020 - 02 May 2020
26 Sep 2020 - 24 Oct 2020
|11 Apr 2020 - 18 Apr 2020
02 May 2020 - 06 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 26 Sep 2020
|06 Jun 2020 - 29 Aug 2020
10+1 PAX 10
|6000 EUR €||6850 EUR €||7350 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingIl Podere|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Short term rental accepted in April, minimum 4 nights: please enquire.
- Continental breakfast from Monday to Saturday 8.00 - 9.30am (Sunday excluded)
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday
- Bath towels changed also on Wednesday
- Pool towels
- Electricity up to EUR 50 per week
- Internet WIFI connection
- Maid service (3 hours house cleaning per day from Monday to Saturday, except public holidays)
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance 6 days per week
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Utility deposit (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 100 per week for air conditioning or heating.
- Electricity, heating or air conditioning (if required): the consumption for the amount of EUR 50 per week is included. Guests pay for usage in excess of EUR 50.
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Telephone: only local calls possible, metered
- Additional bed for an 11th person or baby if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded (to be requested when booking): EUR 500 per week (no matter if it is a baby or an adult).
- An additional air-conditioned bedroom with ensuite bathroom (shower) located in an annex building can be available upon request and owner approval: price on request.
- Final cleaning: EUR 300
EUR 1000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook/catering service for dinners during your stay
- Concierge service
- Transfer service
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): please check price on the premises.
- Laundry service: please check price on the premises.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates
- Pool opening dates: May 2nd - September 26th
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
- Save 4%: Book now our special not refundable rate and save 4% on the listed price. If customer pays the full amount upon reservation, he immediately benefits of a 4% discount. In case of cancellation, the entire amount paid will not be refunded. Please note: This offer is not valid for last minute bookings. Please check with us upon booking.
Comfortable ground floor farmhouse halfway between Florence Siena
- Sleeps 12 Guests
- Bedrooms 6 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 6 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 240 m2 m2
Beautiful farmhouse in walking distance to a village
- Sleeps 14 Guests
- Bedrooms 7 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 350 m2 m2