Heaven on earth
The steep and narrow rocky ledge near Portofino harbor is one of the jewels in Europe's crown and is among the most exclusive residential areas throughout Italy. The Italian Riviera is a picturesque strip of beaches, colorful fishing villages, and green hillsides that stretches from France to Tuscany. The promontory of Portofino is a protected natural area, with a mild climate and dramatic scenery of high cliffs plunging into the sea. The area is a happy mix of glamour and natural beauty set against a backdrop of sparkling turquoise sea. On this grassy rock, we find the Villa Portofino.
This gigantic rock, towering up from the water, is shared with only a few other exclusive villas, the Castello Brown, a lighthouse and the famous church above Portofino. A short walk brings you to the famous central piazza of Portofino (20 minutes on foot or 10 minutes using a lift) with chic designer shops, exquisite seafood restaurants, and marina lined with grand yachts. Explore the resorts of the Riviera - Santa Margherita (4 km) and lively Rapallo, with excellent shopping. Continue on to the Cinque Terre, five cliffside villages with hundreds of miles of hiking trails. Visit the superb museums and delightful markets of Genoa (30 min.), where narrow alleys wind their way down to one of the most vital harbors of the Mediterranean. Visit the popular resort of Forte dei Marmi or the Cararra marble quarries, where Michelangelo got his pure white marble.
Despite the proximity of the colorful and lively harbor of Portofino, the villa is tucked away and protected from the crowds: the house has private access to the sea and can hardly be seen from the road. A private lift connects the harbor with a walking path that leads to the lighthouse. Villa Portofino is located along this path, about 300 meters from the lift. Along this footpath with shady greenery you will find the entrance gate and a stairway down through a beautiful rock garden to the terrace, shaded by century-old wisteria vines. Although the house is situated high above the sea (20 m), the water is in walking distance: a private flight of 112 steep stone and wood steps leads down to a rocky platform - just the place for sliding into the water to cool off after a sunbathe.
Built on two levels, Villa Portofino has a panoramic sun deck on top and picture windows to take advantage of the stunning views. With 6 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms the villa sleeps 11 guests (the weekly price is referred to an occupancy of 10 people). The housemaid who has an additional bedroom with bathroom on the lower level, will prepare breakfast and perhaps one meal a day for groups smaller than 5 (groceries are not included).
As always with Portofino, it is best to arrive with a large yacht. If this is not possible, take the train. Trains on the main rail line from Torino to Rome stop in nearby Rapallo, connected by bus to Portofino. A local train runs from Santa Margherita to the Cinque Terre, with bus service from Portofino to Santa Margherita every 20 minutes (Portofino - S. Margherita 10 minutes). Public transport is also possible by boat (ferry from Portofino to S. Margherita/Rapallo/5 Terre/Camogli/S. Fruttuoso) or water taxi. Pick up service at Genova Airport can be arranged (reservation is required at least 14 days before arrival).
Please consider: This villa is accessible only on foot, therefore this villa is not suitable for people with walking difficulties (112 steps from the house to the sea level, 39 steps from the entrance gate to the house, 23 steps from the house to the solarium).
Do not bring a car with you, there is no parking at or near the house (but if you do have a car, parking is available in a garage in town). It is about 10 minutes walking to Portofino if you use the lift, and 20 minutes without the lift. Portofino has a small grocery store, the Santa Margherita grocery store can deliver goods to the villa.
The villa is not available during cold season. It is possible to slightly reheat the bedrooms ONLY, but we cannot consider this a real heating.
Our Guests Reviews
Dear Bettina and a magic Villa Portofino team,
thanks a lot for your wishes!
We wish your a soft landing in a New Year and hope to be your guests one day again!!!
Our hearts are still belonging to this place)))
Warmest regards from Switzerland,
Tatiana and Konstantin, January 2018
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Private sea access
- Swimming plattform
- Use of the lift from harbour to the hilltop
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms of the main floor
- Internet WIFI connection
- Telephone for local calls
- TV (regional channels)
- Fridge with freeze
- Stove with oven
- Washing machine
In addition, there are several lovely outlooks on the way down (approx. 115 steps) to the sea and the rock swimming platform. The Portofino harbor cannot be seen from the house.
Portofino in walking distance
S. Margherita Ligure 4 km
Rapallo 9 km
Genoa 30 km
Forte dei Marmi 113 km
Pisa 150 km
San Remo 180 km
Torino 200 km
Florence 216 km
Nice France 233 km
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
1 spacious living room with white sofas and sliding glass doors to the patio
1 formal dining room
1 kitchen (stove with oven, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine)
1 double bedroom (beds cannot be separated) with en suite bathroom (with shower)
2 twin bedrooms (beds can be joined)
1 single room
2 bathrooms (one with tub, one with shower)
Three of the bedrooms have a sea view, the other has a garden view. An additional single bedroom is available at additional cost.
2 double bedrooms with joinable twin beds, each with en suite bathroom (with shower)
On this floor is the bedroom and bathroom belonging to the housemaid and an utility room.
Shaded terrace, private way down to the sea and the rock swimming platform
Use of the lift from Portofino harbour to the hill-top
29 Aug 2020 - 03 Oct 2020
10850 EUR €
12350 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Portofino||02 May 2020 - 13 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 03 Oct 2020
|13 Jun 2020 - 29 Aug 2020
11 PAX 10
|10850 EUR €||12350 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Portofino|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Internet WIFI connection
- Porter service is available on Saturdays between 4 and 6pm for the check-in and between 9 to 10am for the check-out. This service must be requested previously by the customer directly to the property owner/key holder and is bounded to a time agreement.
- Utility deposit (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 300 per week for heating.
- Heating (if required): metered. The villa is not available during cold months. It is possible to slightly reheat the bedrooms only, but we cannot consider this a real heating.
- Required advance payment of EUR 500 in cash to be paid upon arrival; the following services and facilities are included:
- Air conditioning
- Final cleaning
- Maid service 3 hr/day except Wednesday and Sunday
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- If after two days more grocery shopping is requested (since the above mentioned advance payment covers only approx. the first two days), the client must provide the cook with extra money to buy food. The cook will not advance money for the guests.
- Telephone: only local calls possible, metered
- One extra room with an additional bed if maximum capacity PAX 10 is exceeded: EUR 400 per week
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 100 per week
- Pets allowed: EUR 60 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
EUR 1000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service for dinners during your stay
- Change of bed linens or bath towel available: EUR 20 per set to be paid in cash to maid.
- Porter service is available if arranged in advance (see above).
- Transfer service
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- PLEASE NOTE: For this property the check-in is possible between 4 and 6pm.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 6 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
- Maximum 3 children under 15 years allowed (babies under 1 year not included).
- The villa is not available during the cold season.
Elegant family mansion on the famous Bolgheri coastline with private beach access
- Sleeps 12 Guests
- Bedrooms 6 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 600 m2 m2