Historic 19th century villa on the lake - walk to a village
Villa Tramonto is a 19th century villa, right on the shores of Lake Como. The historic villa is located in Lagio, between Cernobbio and Tremezzo and very close to George Clooney's villa. The village with shops and restaurants is in walking distance (500 m), the bus stop is 50 m, the ferry 1300 m from the villa. Villa Tramonto sits directly on the lake shore, with a private pool, a private dock and lake access.
A natural lake swim is possible too. Just in front of the house you can slide into the lake. The water temperature is pleasant for a swim from mid-June through to the end of September. A panoramic terrace overlooks the lake, with stunning views and privacy for sunbathing.
The villa has the nineteenth-century romance of yesterday and all modern comforts of today. The historic vacation rental still has its traditional looks, but a recent renovation by its Italian fashion-designer owner has breathed new life into the rooms. The beautiful and stylish interior comprises three floors furnished with both ancient and modern furnishings. All of the four bedrooms are air-conditioned and equipped with wireless internet access. This property is not suitable for people with walking difficulties.
The convenient location, just 7 km from Cernobbio and 14 km from the center of Como, and easy access to public transportation makes Villa Tramonto an ideal destination for touring Lake Como by boat or car. Every corner of Lake Como has much to offer, with historic sites, charming villages and mountain trails. A lot of activities such as water sports, golf, tennis and great shopping are possible.
The closest train station is in Como, just 15 minutes from the villa. You can reach Milan in 1 hour by car, or you can cross the border at Lugano to reach Switzerland in just 40 minutes. Just across the Swiss border is Foxtown a designer outlet village with Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Gucci and Ferragamo outlets.
Our Guests Reviews
Sehr geehrte Frau Röhrig,
Klasse waren die Tage am Comersee. Danke für das schöne Wetter inclusive und das Haus am See. Wir waren begeistert und haben bella italia genossen.
Dr. Weiler, August 2021
11-06-2016: Robert New York
All went well: the villa was superb and the owner & manager were very helpful, going out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable. It was exactly what we were looking for: quiet, unostentatious luxury. Robert
HoLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 8 x 3.70m
- Heated pool
- Air conditioning in the 4 bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Large fridge with freezer
- 6 ring stove
- 2 ovens
- Espresso machine
- American coffee machine
- Washing machine and dryer
- Ironing board with iron
- Billiard table
- Cigar cellar
- 2 kayaks
- Private dock where you can anchor a boat during the day
- Lake access
- Parking for 3 cars
Laglio (shops and restaurants) 500 m
Bus stop 50, ferry 1300 m
Villa d'Este hotel 1.5 km
Motorway 2 km
Cernobbio 7 km
Como 14 km
Tremezzo 21 km
Bellaggio 22 km + 15 min ferry
Lugano 25 km
Menaggio 26 km
Milan 50 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Experience regattas with the Cannottieri Moltrasio Yacht Club.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car. 8 Golf courses are within 50 km from the villa: Golf Club Carimate, Golf Club Menaggio & Cadenabbia, Golf Club Lanzo, Golf Club Ponticello, La Pinetina Golf Club, Golf Club le Robinie, Golf Club Villa d'Este, Green Club Lainate.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Entrance level (second floor):
- Living room with working fireplace, 2 sofas and dining area opening towards a terrace for outdoor dining
- Fully equipped eat-in kitchen with table for 8, large fridge, espresso machine, American coffee machine, 6-burner stove, 2 ovens, toaster, dishwasher
- Green bedroom (lake view): double bed with memory foam mattress (180 x 200 cm)
- Liberty style bathroom with tub and shower head
- Red bedroom (lake view): twin beds with memory foam mattresses (90 x 200 cm each; beds can be turned into one double on request)
- Yellow bedroom (lake view): twin beds (90 x 200 cm each; beds can be turned into one double on request)
- 1 bathroom with shower and tub, shared by red and yellow bedrooms
- Pink bedroom (lake view): twin beds with memory foam mattresses (90 x 200 cm each; beds can be turned into one double on request), safe
- 1 bathroom with wonderful marble basin, large Jacuzzi shower with chromotherapy
- Family room with plasma satellite TV, SKY TV, DVD, stereo. A comfortable space to watch a movie, listen to music or play billiards while gazing at the garden below. A sofa bed is available upon request.
- Laundry room with washer/dryer, iron and ironing board
- Powder room
- Pool by the lake with Jacuzzi
- From the lower level, a long stairway leads to an intimate lakeshore garden with chairs and sun beds. The garden is shadowed by a century old Lebanon Cedar and a Fragrant Olive tree (olea fragrans).
01 Oct 2022 - 17 Dec 2022
7100 EUR €
03 Sep 2022 - 01 Oct 2022
17 Dec 2022 - 07 Jan 2023
8600 EUR €
9400 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Tramonto||08 Jan 2022 - 02 Apr 2022
01 Oct 2022 - 17 Dec 2022
|02 Apr 2022 - 25 Jun 2022
03 Sep 2022 - 01 Oct 2022
17 Dec 2022 - 07 Jan 2023
|25 Jun 2022 - 03 Sep 2022
8+1 PAX 8
|7100 EUR €||8600 EUR €||9400 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Tramonto|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday
- Bath towels changed on Wednesday and Saturday
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Maid service (3 hours house cleaning on Monday and Wednesday)
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Utility deposit only in winter (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 350 per week for heating.
- Heating and air conditioning (if required): metered
- Electricity: metered
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises
- Pool heating (if requested): metered. In order to guarantee warm water the owner has to be informed at least 48 hours prior to the arrival date.
- Additional single bed if maximum capacity PAX 8 is exceeded (for one adult/child): EUR 250 per week
- Baby bed: EUR 100
- Final cleaning: EUR 350
- Pets allowed only on special request when booking and according to the owners approval: EUR 70 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
EUR 2000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service for dinners during your stay
- Cooking class
- First shopping: EUR 50 plus cost of groceries
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 15 per hour
- Tourist guide
- Transfer service
- Laundry service
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: April 2nd - October 1st
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7pm and midnight for an extra fee of EUR 100.