Liberty between heaven and earth...
Overlooking Lake Como and occupying the site of a former medieval watchtower, Villa Peduzzi commands one of the finest views in Europe. The liberty style villa, built in 1909, has been fully restored to exceptional standards, offering 1.230 sqm of living space.
The space includes: 8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms (6 of which en suite bathrooms), a media room, spacious living room, dining area, a fully equipped kitchen, an office space, a roof terrace with an outdoor fireplace and wet bar ideal for entertaining.
There is an exercise room with key equipment to work out. You can unwind in the pool house that is equipped with a separate kitchen and an entertainment area. In every corner Villa Peduzzi provides beauty and comfort in a quiet and secluded oasis.
Villa Peduzzi comfortably sleeps 14 people although additional children's beds are also available on request. The villa is laid out on three floors. An elevator links the three main floors and the caretakers apartment and laundry in the basement.
The views from south facing Villa Peduzzi are truly stunning: blue lake and green mountain vistas, rounded off with glorious golden sunsets. These can be enjoyed from the balconies off every bedroom, the villa's main surround terrace and the extraordinary pool house with its green roof and infinity pool.
The pretty perched mountain village of Pigra is only 300 metres away and the popular lakeside village of Argegno can be reached within 4 minutes from the cable car station located 500 metres from the villa gates.
Pigra has a couple of restaurants and is a perfect base for hiking and mountain biking. Argegno provides a wide range of restaurants, the villa's own private boat mooring and a scheduled river taxi service, ideal for exploring all that Lake Como has to offer.
Villa Peduzzi is located just 75 minutes drive from Milan Malpensa International Airport and 60 minutes from Lugano International Airport.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- View of Lake Como
- Infinity pool 22m long - heating included
- Hot tub
- Rooftop terrace
- Mountain view
- Wet bar
- Outdoor fireplace
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 14
- Pool house (includes kitchen, dining area, bathroom and TV)
- Children playground (treehouse, trampoline, Tibetan bridges, zip line, slide)
- 6 Mountain bikes for adults
- Parking - 10 spaces
- Gated property
- Security cameras - outward facing
- Boat (Axopar 28) for max. 9 people – moored at Argegno - available at extra charge
- Air conditioning fans (Dyson) in all the bedrooms (they can be easily shifted to the other rooms/common areas when required)
- Internet WIFI connection
- Wireless sound system
- Grand piano
- 3 TV’s: each with apple TV and satellite channels
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast nook
- Ice maker
- Iron/ironing board
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Adjacent kitchen with seating for 8
- Pool table
- Yoga/wellness room which includes an area for gym equipment from Technogym (Kinesis cable weight training system, a rowing machine, an exercise bike, dumbbells, stretch bands and exercise balls) plus steam room and shower
- Children facilities (pool toys, board games, Nintendo system)
- Office space
- Wine fridge
- Funivia Pigra Argegno lift station 4 minute walk
- Pigra 8 minute walk
- Argegno 15 km
- Grotte di Rescia 17 km
- Greenway del Lago di Como 17 km
- Villa del Balbianello 21 km
- Villa Carlotta 25 km
- Moltrasio 27 km
- Cernobbio 30 km
- Menaggio 30 km
- Como 40 km
- Milan 83 km
- Lugano International Airport 35 km
- Malpensa Airport 84 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Experience regattas with the Cannottieri Moltrasio Yacht Club.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
The villa is laid out on 3 main floors. An elevator links the 3 floors and the caretakers apartment and laundry in the basement.
First floor (3 double bedrooms):
- The TUSCANY SUITE faces the lake and is joined to the East facing VENETO SUITE by a large shared bathroom. Both suites have balconies enjoying lake views.
- The West facing LIGURIA SUITE also has a balcony to enjoy the mountain views and the sunsets. The large bathroom is a lovely space to unwind before dinner.
Second floor (4 double bedrooms):
- This floor mirrors exactly the layout of the first floor, including the balconies and terraces. The large PIEDMONT SUITE enjoys a southern aspect over the lake.
- The UMBRIA SUITE also looks south and shares a large bathroom with the ABRUZZO SUITE which looks East.
- The APULIA SUITE enjoys the mountain views to the north.
Third floor (1 bedroom):
This extraordinary open space provides a number of different entertainment areas:
- There are 2 large seating areas for enjoying the various entertainment possibilities (TV, projector, music system and board games).
- Additionally, there is a pool table, kitchenette and w.c.
- Two roof terraces providing glorious views over the lake are accessed from this floor.
- One of these also features an attractive island bar and raised viewing platform. The perfect place for enjoying a day’s end sundowner.
- There is a final double bedroom, the LIBERTY SUITE, at the tallest point of the house. Accessed from the 3rd floor, the Liberty Suite enjoys wonderful light and stunning views from huge double windows on two sides.
Facilities & Services
- There is an attractive dining room within the villa and alfresco dining under a pergola on the huge terrace overlooking the lake.
- A short walk from the villa one finds the 22 meters long heated infinity pool with Jacuzzi attached, providing picture perfect 360 degrees views over the lake.
- There is also a well-appointed pool house which, with all the full-length windows folded away, seems to float over the pool. It has a kitchen, island bar and comfortable seating area.
- As well as numerous sunbathing spots around the pool and on the pool house “green” roof, there are 2 additional alfresco dining locations, taking advantage of the proximity of the pool house kitchen.
- There is also a changing room and toilet carved into the rock-face.
- Also carved out of the rock-face is a quite stunning yoga/wellness facility. This large room with inspiring views down the lake can easily accommodate 8 yoga practitioners side by side and also includes an area for gym equipment from Technogym. This includes the Kinesis cable weight training system, a rowing machine, an exercise bike, dumbbells, stretch bands and exercise balls. This room also benefits from an ensuite toilet, steam room and shower.
- The villa has 3 kitchens (ground floor, top floor and pool house).
- Including guest toilets there is a total of 11 bathrooms (10 in the villa, 1 in the pool house).
- The villa enjoys rapid WIFI, English satellite television channels, Sonos audio systems, children’s electronic games (PS4 and the Wii) and a wide selection of board games.
GETTING OUT ON THE LAKE
The villa has its own luxury boat moored at the bottom of the funicular in Argegno, available at extra charge. The local ferries are very congested in summer and run to a strict timetable. Accordingly, having your own boat allows you to travel in comfort, to your own timetable and directly to where you want to go. This is particularly useful when wishing to access some of the lovely lakeside restaurants.
The Axopar 28 Brabus boat offers both speed and comfort and so is a perfect boat for water sports or simply enjoying an afternoon relaxing on the lake. Tomas is a qualified boat captain and will be happy to be your skipper. Sunscreen, a picnic hamper and a few bottles of something bubbly is all you need.
10 Apr 2021 - 05 Jun 2021
02 Oct 2021 - 19 Dec 2021
37500 EUR €
05 Jun 2021 - 02 Oct 2021
18 Dec 2021 - 08 Jan 2022
47500 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Peduzzi||02 Jan 2021 - 03 Apr 2021
10 Apr 2021 - 05 Jun 2021
02 Oct 2021 - 19 Dec 2021
|03 Apr 2021 - 10 Apr 2021
05 Jun 2021 - 02 Oct 2021
18 Dec 2021 - 08 Jan 2022
14+2 PAX 14
|37500 EUR €||47500 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Peduzzi|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Villa manager: 6 days a week, 8 hours a day (9am-1 pm; 4-8 pm). This time schedule is flexible depending on the guest’s schedules.
- Housekeeping - 6 days a week, 8 hours a day
- Welcome drink and snack at arrival
- Chef and assistant: 6 days a week; this includes the preparation of 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Food and beverage costs to be paid separately from guests.
- Bedroom and bathroom linen changes every 3 days
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Electricity, air conditioning, heating
- Pool heating
- Baby bed and high chair
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
Mandatory advance payment for food for breakfast, lunch and dinner: A food and beverage deposit of EUR 2000 is required for all the grocery costs during guests stay. It can be paid or by bank transfer (no later than 2 weeks prior to arrival) or in cash (collected by the villa manager at time of check-in).
EUR 10000 are due via bank transfer to the estate prior to arrival (please enquire upon upon booking).
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Extra beds for children: please enquire
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef services
- Personal trainer
- Tennis coach
- Boat rental
- Private driver
- Shopping assistant
- Guided tours
- Extra housekeeping
- Chef and assistant for one extra day (7 days per week)
- Extra linen change
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday during high season; shorter stays are considered during mid and low season.
- Pool opening dates: beginning May end of September, depending on weather conditions