Elegance on Lake Como
Villa Leone is a building of historical and architectural value. It is located in one of the most beautiful natural landscapes of Italy: in Ossuccio on the shore of Lake Como. It is the ideal location for a relaxing vacation or to realize private and business events, photo and video shooting. The villa was built between 1941 and 1944 by the architect Pietro Lingeri, who was one of the key figures of the Italian Rationalism. Villa Leone, classified as an historical monument by the Italian Ministry of Culture, was restored to its original grandeur, and with its latest renovations it is ready to host special guests and events.
Villa Leone is located in a strategic position, 20 km away from the highway exits and it can be reached by land or by lake. It is the ideal solution for guests looking for a spacious, elegant and accessible location. In front of the villa there are two parking areas. Not far from the villa there are two marinas where it is possible to berth private or charter boats. Villa Leone is laid out on three floors, features 5 bedrooms, a fitness area with Spa (Jacuzzi tub and sauna) and a beautiful garden.
Villa Leone is also the ideal setting for wedding receptions. It is surrounded by a wooded park of 4300 sqm that boasts a variety of century-old trees, laurel, olive, magnolia and fruit trees. The halls on the ground floor may host up to 80 seats and have a wonderful view over the lake. For those guests who wish to have dinner served inside the halls, the vista is ensured by glasswalls that face the patio and the lake. Outside the patio is accessed directly from the living salons on the ground floor, while two terraces offer spectacular views of the Comacina Island. The parterre and the beautiful gazebo are the ideal place to have aperitifs and to cut the wedding cake. It is also possible to tie a civil marriage into the garden, having a magnificent panorama.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Heated Pool
- Air conditioning in the bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV
- HiFi with support Ipod
- 4 ring gas hob
- Electric oven
- Large fridge
- Coffee and cappuccino maker
- Laundry room (with washing machine, dryer, iron and iron board)
- Hair dryers
- Fitness area with Spa (Jacuzzi tub for 4 people, sauna for 4 people, bathroom with shower and relax area)
- Barbecue area with covered terrace
- Garden with different areas
- Parking on the grounds
Shops, restaurants in walking distance
Lake shore 350 m
Public landing stage 350 m
Ferry 5 km
Bellagio 10 km
Menaggio 10 km
Cernobbio 20 km
Como 25 km
Malpensa Airport 35 km
Lugano 38 km
Leccio 52 km
Milan 74 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello de Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: motorboat for hire Menaggio 8 km, windsurf Menaggio, water skiing Menaggio, bicycle for hire Menaggio, Golf club Menaggio, riding stables Grandola 22 min.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car. 8 Golf courses are within 50 km from the villa: Golf Club Carimate, Golf Club Menaggio & Cadenabbia, Golf Club Lanzo, Golf Club Ponticello, La Pinetina Golf Club, Golf Club le Robinie, Golf Club Villa d'Este, Green Club Lainate.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- Spacious entrance hall with door to the front terrace and garden
- Toilet room with WC and sink
- Large and bright living area furnished with cushion couch for 10
- Formal dining room for 10-12 with doors to the front terrace and side garden
- Intimate living room with parquet floor and fireplace
- Fully equipped new kitchen with marble counter, gas stove, electric oven, microwave, coffee and cappuccino maker, fridge, dishwasher
- Storage room for staff
- White marble stairs taking to the first floor
- One twin bedded room (single beds of cm 80 x cm 190) facing the lake with Apple TV, parquet floor and door to the balcony
- Two double rooms (double-beds of cm 160 x cm 180) facing the lake with Apple TV, parquet floor and door to the balcony
- One double room (double-bed of cm 160 x cm 180) facing the Junior Villa with large bed Apple TV and parquet floor
- One double room (double-bed of cm 160 x cm 180) with Apple TV, parquet floor and en suite bathroom with marble finishes, tub and separate shower, double sinks; doors to both the balcony on the lake and on the garden
- Spacious bathroom with marble finishes, shower and single sink
- Toilet room with 2 different areas divided by 2 doors: the first door opens onto a small area (an entryway) with a sink, the second door leads to a toilet room with WC, bidet and sink
- Lakefront terrace with furniture to enjoy the stunning and relaxing view on the lake, the famous Tower Bell of Ossuccio, on the Comacina Island and on the mountains.
- Sitting room with two sofas (sofa bed for two people), armchairs, round table for 6, 60 inches TV
- Cellar (where we can organize wine and champagne tasting)
- Beautiful stone stove with wood oven
- 2 ping pong tables
- Laundry (washing machine, dryer, iron and iron board), toilet
- Toilet room with WC and sink
- SPA with sauna, Jacuzzi, shower
- Gated entrance into the property
- Gravel courtyard on the back of the villa
- Front terrace and manicured garden with walking path leading to the lakefront main road
- Furniture for relaxing and enjoying the stunning view on Lake Como
- Dining pergola accommodating 10-12 people
- Private heated pool and Jacuzzi for 4 people with lake views
- Sun beds for relaxing by the pool
- Hammock area
- Herbal garden
- Large garden behind the Junior Villa (staff residence for cleaning lady and concierge)
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Leone||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019
10+2 PAX 10
|17600 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Leone|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed linens changed on Saturdays
- Bath linens changed daily
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Daily breakfast (no service, only delivery of food in the kitchen)
- 2 hours daily maid service (10am - 12pm)
- Baby bed
- Use of the fitness area from 5 pm to 8 pm (the use of this area is not possible outside these times)
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Special experience: 1 hour boat tour to see (from the boat) Isola Comacina, Villa Cassinella, Villa Carlotta and Villa Balbianello. Guided tour of Villa Leone (we remind you that the property is under the Fine Arts).
- Pool heating (on request): metered
- Additional beds (sofa bed in the basement) for 2 extra guests if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: only on special request upon booking and at extra charge
EUR 2000 are due on arrival via credit card.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting
- Driver service
- Boat rental
- Baby sitter
- Laundry service
- Extra support for travel/event organization 1100 Euro to be paid on site
- Different cleaning service (timing or amount of hours)
- Pool opening dates: April 20th - September 21st
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Save 4%: Book now our special not refundable rate and save 4% on the listed price. If customer pays the full amount upon reservation, he immediately benefits of a 4% discount. In case of cancellation, the entire amount paid will not be refunded. Please note: This offer is not valid for last minute bookings. Please check with us upon booking.
Price reduction for smaller groups!As from
Modern designer villa with magnificent lake views
- Sleeps 11+1 Guests
- Bedrooms 6 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 3+2 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 750 m2 m2