Charming farmhouse in walking distance to a village
Torre Fantino is a charming independent country house located on the border between Emilia Romagna and Tuscany. It sleeps up to 6 people, in 3 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. It has a private garden with several areas to relax in the shade and a swimming pool overlooking the beautiful valley.
Each of the three double bedrooms is attractively furnished in a refined rustic style with beamed ceilings and cotto toscano floors, satellite TV and small refrigerator. Each bedroom has its own bathroom with shower. At this altitude, the nights are always cool so air conditioning is not necessary; but, just in case, fans can be provided on request.
At a few minutes walking from the village of Tredozio, Torre Fantino offers a strategic location to explore central Italy’s top regions of Emilia Romagna, Tuscany and Umbria. Located near the south eastern corner of Italy's Emilia-Romagna region, Torre Fantini enjoys a hilltop position amid the rolling green landscape bordering the Foresti Casentinesi, a national park extending southward into Tuscany. In fact, this property was at one time in Tuscany!
Torre Fantino is an old farm tower belonging to the family of the same name. The family still lives in the Palazzo Fantini located nearby, just 1 km away. The magical garden surrounding the Palazzo, a 17th century residence, is a member of the association of Grandi Giardini Italiani (Great Italian Gardens) and is open to the public for tours, and for courtyard concerts during the summer.
A pleasant ten minute walk takes you from the tower to the village centre of Tredozio. You will find Tredozio is deliciously quiet, yet it harbours a number of inviting restaurants. Besides its handful of restaurants, Tredozio village has a charming little river running through it. Its shops include a couple of grocers, an excellent fresh produce shop, coffee bars, a butcher’s, a chemist’s, a bank with ATM, and a post office. In addition there is a small Information Point which is open throughout the summer and a bus service offering buses to Faenza and Forlì. Last but not least there is tennis club at only 5 minutes’ walk from Torre Fantino.
A paved road leads from the main road (strada statale) to the house. Although you are only a few minutes from the village, staying at the house you will feel that you are staying away from it all in beautiful countryside. The property is partially fenced and surrounded by neighbours’ fields. There are a very few houses not far from the Torre Fantino, but you will not be disturbed by their presence.
Our Guests Reviews
Greetings from Torre Fantino! Lovely property, and Beatrice has been wonderful!
Robert, October 2022
05-08-2017: A beautiful house with amazing views!
A beautiful house with amazing views. Warm, friendly reception from Lucy and Beatrice. We have enjoyed meals and Trattoria Rioni and Pizzeria Henry. Tour of gardens at Palazzo Fantini, plus a stunning classical concert were wonderful to take part in. We have enjoyed day trips to Bologna, Faenza, the local 'vulcano' and Firenze.
The Marsh Family - UK
20-07-2017: Will be back soon!
Wonderful house and delightful people, everyone so smily and welcoming.
The Brittons - UK
02-06-2017: Thank you for having us from down under!
Glenn Sharon Jason Amber from Australia!!!
Thank you for having us from down under!
We all had a favoulous time here and enjoyed exploring the mountains and going to Venice.
Cheers Sharon - AUSTRALIA
18-09-2016: This has been the perfect holiday!
Dear Bea, Lucy, Marisa, Nick and Giuliana,
This has been the perfect holiday. This house is amazing and the people so warm and wonderful. I want to come back! Grazie mille per tutto! Baci e abbracci!
Tina Coco - AUSTRALIA
18-09-2016: Once again Bea, it has been an unforgettable experience.
My second visit for a total of seven weeks it just gets better. I will never tire of this place and friendly, happy people. And Bea, Lucy, Marisa, Giuliana you could not have done more for us and made us more welcome. Vi voglio bene!!! Affettuosi saluti… fino alla prossima volta! John Taske - AUSTRALIA
31-08-2016: We felt very welcome and “at home”...
Dear Lucy, Beatrice and Isabella,
Thank you so much for your wonderful hospitality. We felt very welcome and “at home”. Everything about “Torre Fantino” was beautiful, and we adored the countryside around this area. We plan to return! We will be thinking of you at Christmas when your precious family enjoys the arrival of Isabella’s baby.
Helen and Greg - AUSTRALIA
20-08-2016: Merveilleux séjour!
Nous avons passé un merveilleux séjour dans cette merveilleuse maison! Soleil et piscine à gage de mieux pour de belles vacances?
Jean Paul Cécile et Clèmence - FRANCE
24-06-2016: Torre Fantino worked out perfectly!
We all really had a fantastic time with you and Lisa and your friends in Tredozio. You were personally so helpful in every way and we are all very grateful. Torre Fantino worked out perfectly for us, the class then dinner with Per Luigi were terrific experiences, and Lisa's tour was fascinating. We don't know what else to say except that it is very sad we will not be able to be back soon.
Thank you again for everything,
Ciao from Andrew & Rhonda - AUSTRALIA
23-06-2016: A tastefully-appointed property!
Thanks so much for taking such good care of us! It's such a tastefully-appointed property in a beautiful, unspoiled spot - last evening after Pierre-Luigi's excellent dinner, fire-fly danced in the moonlight and guided us home. It was pure magic I've never experienced anything like it. Lisa was a terrific guide: friendly, flexible, and she seemed genuinely happy and excited to share with us her favorite places (where there were no other tourists). I'd highly recommend her. All the best,
Jenny - UK
24-09-2015: The most memorable holiday!
Holidays, and whether you enjoyed yourself or not is dependent upon a number of factors; the food, the people you meet, the accommodation and amenities, the hassle you have if things go wrong etc. I came to Tredozio from Brisbane, Australia, for a six weeks holiday on a recommendation and I can say, in all honesty, that this has been the most memorable holiday that I have had in my not so short life. Bea, you and your mother Lucy could not have been more efficient, gracious, friendly hosts and I have not one complaint in these six weeks. Your warmth and care have been so genuine that I feel more like a treasured friend than a guest. My time here at the Torre and at the Palazzo has been little short of amazing: just perfect!! I thank you Lucy - I thank you Beatrice
John - Brisbane - AUSTRALIA
14-08-2015: Séjour de rêve
Nous avons passé un séjour de rêve dans un paysage inoubliable. Nous n’oublierons pas non plus votre excellent accueil. Merci pour tout!
Marie et Thomas - FRANCE
19-06-2015: Seven wonderful days!
We have just spent seven wonderful days at Torre Fantino! The accommodation has been excellent and only, exceeded by the outstanding service and support from the owner, Beatrice… with her help we have had an informed tour of the local district, villages, eating venues and other sites of interest. We shall pass the word around to our friends in Australia.
Len and Jenny - Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
18-05-2015: Our third visit!
Our third visit in this beautiful place. We hope to return. Don’t miss going to Al Vecchio Convento for a meal and also to Pizzeria Henry. 2 very different restaurants but very good meals. I could look at the view from Torre Fantino forever!
Thank you, Janet and Ross - Dallas - USA
09-10-2014: We are back!
We are back! It is so wonderful to be back at Torre Fantino. This time in the Vecchia Torre. The sunshine on the beautiful green hills was a joy to wake up to. We are so blessed to be able to return here! Torre Fantini holds a special part of our hearts. We are so looking forwards to 4 days here enjoying the local Sagra in Portico di Romagna.
Karen and Ells - CANADA
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 5 x 10m
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV
- Electric table top stove with 4 burners
- Fridge with freezer
- Filter coffee maker
- Italian Moka brand coffee maker
- Washing machine
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- Screens on the bedroom windows
- Parking for 4 cars covered by a pergola of vines
Tredozio 0.7 km
Modigliana 9 km
Vineyards for wine tasting 10 to 25 km
Portico di Romagna 16 km
Brisighella 21 km
San Benedetto in Alpe (National Park) 25 km
Faenza 28 km
Forlì 45 km
Ravenna 69 km
Bologna 75 km (closest airport)
Florence 80 km
Marina di Ravenna (beach) 95 km/1 hr 40 min
Modena 128 km
Parma 182 km
The region of Emilia-Romagna lies to the north of Tuscany, stretching from the east coast to Liguria in the west and it is world-famous for its food - Parma ham, parmesan cheese, lasagna, tortellini, Bolognese sauce and balsamic vinegar are but a few examples of the region's rich culinary tradition.
Tuscan Romagna blends elements from the rich cultures of both Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna. Food and wine lovers could not find them themselves a better spot, lovers of history and culture have a wealth of small and larger nearby towns to explore and lovers of nature will feel they are driving through a rural paradise. Add traditional crafts, from cheese and wine making to fine ceramics and a long tradition of skilled leather work, plus the chance to catch cultural events and traditional festivals, and to take language or cooking courses and you have something for everyone – except those in search of bright city lights.
Its cities, Bologna, Modena, Parma, Ferrara, Ravenna, Piacenza, Rimini have a heritage of medieval cathedrals, towers, castles and art treasures to explore.
Bologna has no less than two leaning towers, a splendid opera house, Italy´s first university and an elegant arcaded shopping area. Opera lovers can follow in the footsteps of Verdi, one of the regions´ most famous sons.
Visit the breath-taking Byzantine mosaics of Ravenna and the ceramics museum in Faenza. Car-lovers can visit the famous Ferrari factory of Maranello near Modena.
Emilia-Romagna is synonymous with fabulous food and wine, renowned for its ceramics, mosaics, classical music, and it boasts a natural landscape of dramatic mountains giving way to gently rolling hills, parks and beaches. The nearest airport is Bologna.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Ground floor (all rooms on this floor have French windows and access to the garden):
- Living room with view over the valley
- Kitchen with dining area
- Bathroom with shower
- Back garden furnished with table and chairs
First floor (accessed by an external staircase of 15 steps):
- Entrance hall: on the right a studio/reading room with a decorative fireplace, window screens, and a sofa bed (size 1.40 x 1.90) for one extra person. En suite private bathroom with shower.
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower and view over the valley. All the windows of this room and the bathroom have window screens. Bed size 160 x 190 cm.
Second floor (accessed by an interior staircase of 12 steps):
- Double bedroom with divisible queen bed with en suite bathroom with shower and view over the garden and hills. One window in this room has a screen. Bed size 160 x 190 cm.
- Double bedroom with divisible queen bed with en suite bathroom with shower and view over the valley. All of the windows of this room and bathroom have window screens. Bed size 160 x 190 cm.
- Panoramic pool and pool area furnished with lounge chairs and umbrellas
- Outdoor shower (hot/cold water) next to the pool
- Shaded pergola with table and chairs overlooking the valley
- Small one room building housing an additional dining area
- Terrace garden furnished with small tables and chairs overlooking the valley
- Parking for four cars covered by a pergola of vines
12 Oct 2024 - 16 Nov 2024
2520 EUR €
27 Apr 2024 - 01 Jun 2024
31 Aug 2024 - 12 Oct 2024
2730 EUR €
24 Aug 2024 - 31 Aug 2024
2940 EUR €
3360 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Torre Fantino||06 Apr 2024 - 27 Apr 2024
12 Oct 2024 - 16 Nov 2024
|30 Mar 2024 - 06 Apr 2024
27 Apr 2024 - 01 Jun 2024
31 Aug 2024 - 12 Oct 2024
|01 Jun 2024 - 06 Jul 2024
24 Aug 2024 - 31 Aug 2024
|06 Jul 2024 - 24 Aug 2024
6+1 PAX 6
|2520 EUR €||2730 EUR €||2940 EUR €||3360 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingTorre Fantino|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
5 nights minimum rental might be accepted in mid and low season: please enquire.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Pool towels
- Electricity up to EUR 50 per week
- Internet WIFI connection
- Maid service (2 hours house cleaning on Tuesday and Thursday), available only for weekly rentals.
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Visit to the garden of nearby Palazzo Fantini
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included. Available only for weekly rentals.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals. Available only for weekly rentals.
- Utility deposit (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 100 per week for heating.
- Electricity, heating (if required): the consumption for the amount of EUR 50 per week is included. Guests pay for usage in excess of EUR 50.
- Additional bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 245 per week
- Baby bed: EUR 100 per week
- Final cleaning: EUR 150
EUR 600 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service for dinners during your stay
- Cooking classes
- Breakfast service
- Wine tours
- Italian language classes
- Guided tours of the region
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 15 per hour
- Extra set of linen during the week: please check price on the premises.
- Special experience available on request: please enquire upon booking. Upon request we can arrange a full day guided tour including a visit to nearby towns and a visit to a winery in Brisighella (eventual tickets to museums, lunch and wine tasting not included in the price). Guests will use their own car.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday during high season; flexible travel dates are considered during other seasons, minimum 5 nights.
- PLEASE NOTE: For this property the check-in is possible between 3 and 7pm; departure between 8 and 9:30am.
- Pool opening dates: May 4th - September 21st
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Torre Fantino is a non smoking house.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.