At the mouth of Venice’s Grand Canal, within a stone’s throw of the glorious Piazza San Marco.
Luxurious 2 bedroom apartment in an outstanding historical Palazzo.
|Prices||€ 2590 - 3390 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
In a Palazzo on Venice’s Grand Canal
Living right in the throbbing, historic heart of the Serenissima, just within a stone’s throw of the glorious Piazza San Marco, the Palazzo Ducale, the Punta della Dogana…
The Venezia Corte apartment lies on the second floor of an historical Palazzo and looks onto a quiet square. It is reached by a newly added elevator. The location is exceptional: at the mouth of Venice’s Grand Canal in the legendary Venetian Lagoon, opposite the Santa Maria della Salute basilica and the Punta della Dogana museum – where the Pinault contemporary art collection can be seen – and within a stone’s throw of the glorious Piazza San Marco.
The Palazzo has been entirely renovated and given a new lease on life. The apartment was redecorated in a pure, classic style with a contemporary twist, always keeping in mind a high level of comfort. Some of the furniture was originally designed for the Palazzo in 1826 by Borsato, a painter and designer who also left his mark on the Teatro La Fenice.
The bedrooms were designed around the bed, still the most important piece of furniture in the room! After a careful selection process, the owner of the Palazzo has chosen beds by one of the world's leading bedding companies, Simmons. Incidentally, Simmons also provides the Fours Seasons hotels.
A small but well equipped kitchen, adjoining the living room, allows the preparation of breakfast and light meals. Fresh croissants will be delivered to your door every morning.
Thus, surrounded by comfort and beauty, you will feel spoilt and privileged. Daily maid service in the mornings. Access to a convivial terrace shared by all guests of the Palazzo. A private secretary, assisting you for planning your stay: the Palazzo’s private secretary is available to assist you with the booking of museum tickets, advice on what to do and what to see and the reservations of restaurants. Restaurants and shops in the vicinity - among which the well-known Harry’s Bar, declared a national landmark in 2001 by the Italian Ministry for Cultural Affairs.
Touring Ideas & Activities
- Teatro La Fenice - 240m, 3 minute walk
- Harry's Bar - 350m, 4 minute walk
- Gritti Palace Hotel 350m, 5 minute walk
- Piazza San Marco with Basilica di San Marco, Palazzo Ducale and Ponte dei Sospiri 400m, 5 minute walk
- Palazzo Fortuny Museum 600m, 7 minute walk
- Santa Maria della Salute 600m, 9 minutes including vaporetto transfer
- Punta della Dogana Museum of Modern Art - Pinault Fondation 750m, 10 minutes including vaporetto transfer
- Palazzo Grassi Museum of Modern Art, Pinault Foundation - 850m, 10 minute walk
- Galleria dell'Accademia - 800m, 11 minute walk
- The Peggy Guggenhaim Collection - 850m, 11 minutes including vaporetto transfer
- Rialto bridge - 950m, 12 minute walk
- Ca' Rezzonico - 1km, 6 minutes including vaporetto transfer
- Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari - 1.1km, 15 minutes including vaporetto transfer
- Rialto market - 1.2km, 16 minute walk
- Hotel Cipriani - 1.4km, 15 minute via the Hotel courtesy boat to be catched at Saint Mark dock
- Palazzo Mocenigo Ancient Fabrics and Clothes Museum - 1.6km, 20 minute walk
- La Biennale - 2.2km, 30 minutes walk
- Jewish Ghetto. Istituted in 1516 by the Government of the Serenissima Repubblica, the Ghetto of Venise is one of the oldest of the world - 2.3km, 30 minutes walk
- The Excelsior Beach Club, one of the most exclusive beach resort of the world. This resort, located on the Lido, can be easily reached in 15 minutes via water taxi or 20 minutes by vaporetto, 5.5km.
- Murano island famous center for glass making - 4 km, 45 minutes including vaporetto transfer
- Torcello island with VII century's Cathedral Santa Maria Assunta and its mosaics and the Locanda Cipriani - 11km, 1 hour and 20 minute including vaporetto transfer
Venice, not only famous for its great monuments and bewitching atmosphere, but also for its numerous and colourful festivals, celebrations, revelry. In this respect, locals and visitors are spoilt for choice all year long!
- The acclaimed art Biennale
- The acclaimed architecture Biennale
- The international Film Festival
- The Regata Storica
- The Vogalonga paddling races
- The sparkling Festa del Redentore
- The world-famous Carnival of Venice
More about the Palazzo and it's fascinating history
The historical Palazzo has been for a great part renovated and given a new lease on life. We were extremely happy and flattered, at Hidden Italy, when we have been asked the promotion of three of its spacious apartments.
Redecorated in a pure, classic style with a contemporary twist and a colour palette inspired by 17th and 18th century paintings of Venice, these three apartments are exceptionally well located: at the mouth of Venice’s Grand Canal, opposite the Santa Maria della Salute basilica and the Punta della Dogana museum – where the Pinault contemporary art collection can be seen, – and within a stone’s throw of the glorious Piazza San Marco.
The origins of the Palazzo date back to the 12th century, when the Barozzi family built the Ca’Barozzi, a crenellated building which had a porch, an open gallery and two large square towers. In the 17th century, the medieval structure was remodelled into a Renaissance palazzo by architect Bartolomeo Manopola.
In the early 19th century, the Treves family, barons of Bonfili, acquired the residence from the Emo family, and asked Giuseppe Borsato – an Italian painter who, among other things, decorated the Teatro La Fenice – to revamp and enhance their new property. Some of the furniture we used for the decoration was designed by Borsato for the Palazzo in 1826.
The Treves family vividly exemplifies the emancipation of the local Jewish community and its full integration into the Italian society of the 19th century.
Venice, not only famous for its great monuments and bewitching atmosphere, but also for its numerous and colourful festivals, celebrations, revelry… The acclaimed art and architecture Biennale, the international Film Festival, the Regata Storica and the Vogalonga paddling races, the sparkling Festa del Redentore, the world-famous Carnival of Venice… In this respect, locals and visitors are spoilt for choice all year long!
Venezia Corte 4
2nd floor (with elevator):
Living room onto a quiet square
Small but well equipped kitchen
Master bedroom with en suite bathroom (bathtub)
Twin bedroom (can be prepared as double) with bathroom (shower)
Large terrace for drinks etc., used by all three apartments of the Palazzo
Weekly rates in €
|Venezia Corte||01 Jan 2017 - 11 Feb 2017
11 Mar 2017 - 01 Apr 2017
31 Oct 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
|11 Feb 2017 - 11 Mar 2017
01 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
4 PAX 4
|2590 EUR €||3390 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVenezia Corte|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Please note: The rent for the main events in Venice (Architecture Biennale opening, Art Biennale opening and Cinema Festival) is the high season rate which will be increased by 15%.
MINIMUM STAY 3 NIGHTS - CONTACT US FOR RATES
for a 2 weeks stay 10%
for a 3 weeks stay 15%
for a 4 weeks stay 20%
Baby bed with linen and high chair available upon request when booking: free of charge. The bed can be used for children that have not yet reached their 4th birthday.
Pets not allowed.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- First shopping.
- Extra maid service.
- Cook service.
- Access to pool at 5* Cipriani Hotel.
- Access to beach club at Excelsior Hotel on the Lido.
Security deposit to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 1000.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, midweek change of towels, water, electricity, gas, air conditioning, heating, Internet WIFI connection, daily maid service, final cleaning, private secretary available for planning day trips, fresh croissants every morning all included in the price.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Our Guests Reviews
Dear Mrs Brauer,
We had a wonderful week at Venezia Corte. The flat is delightful. It's so tastefully done which is important to me. It's also very quiet which is equally important. Everyone was helpful and reliable. A great choice.
P. Valentin, November 2017