A generous and cheerful house
Cutinolo is an ensemble of two houses bordering a large lawn. Cutinolo Podere sleeps 10 people. The other house, the former stables and a dependance are let to long term tenants. Although not fenced, each accommodation has a separate entrance and outdoor sitting area.
Cutinolo Podere is a generous, colourful and cheerful house. Filled with sunlight, large French windows on the ground floor rooms allow you to move freely between indoors and outside. The front of the house has a spacious pergola with table and chairs. The decoration of the house is the result of a family collaboration in choosing the colours, actually doing the paint-work, designing the kitchen and finding the right furniture at antique shops and markets. The conjointly used swimming pool 7 x 15 metres is equipped with sun beds and deck chairs.
The house is surrounded by vineyards and open landscape. Next to the house a road (cars can be heard from the house) leads from a hamlet in the north (where is located the Castello Maremma / also featured in our portfolio) to Capalbio, a charming Tuscan hilltop village which has become fashionable over the last 10 years.
The sandy beach is at a distance of 14 km. The main hamlet of the estate is 5 km away. This is also the closest shopping area with a small supermarket, a bar, a bank and a post office. The closest village is Albinia at 10 km distance. In the vicinity there is an excellent restaurant. Many more are to be found at not more than a 15 to 20 minute drive.
A lesser known and therefore all the more captivating part of Tuscany, the Maremma extends along the southern Tuscan coast. As it moves away from the sea, the land slowly rises, shaping hills covered in olive groves, fields and woods. Cutinolo belongs to a large private estate which consists mainly of woodland and Mediterranean 'macchia'.
Since several hundred years the estate belongs to the same family. The estate was originally 8000 hectares, reduced to 3000 by state expropriation. Over 95% remains woodland, and of the remaining 150, just 18 hectares of the finest land has been transformed into vineyards by the owner, since 1995. In 1759 the owner brought agriculture to the previously malaria infested swamp that was the Maremma. Today it is the new frontier for Tuscan agriculture. Here the owner continues to forge new ground and is at the forefront of those bringing new wine making techniques to the region.
The Maremma is the last stretch of unspoiled coastline in Italy. The hills of the Monti dell’ Uccellina form the core of the Parco Naturale della Maremma, an incredibly beautiful nature reserve with a breathtaking landscape of cliffs, forested hills, coastal marshes and beaches, a haven for deer, boar, wild horses and the ghostly Maremma cattle. Visit Scansano, Grosseto, Castiglione and the trendy harbor of Puntala. Birdwatchers will not want to miss the lagoons at Argentario, Orbetello, and Burano, stopovers for migrating waterfowl. Think of the Maremma for nature, bird-watching, views, hilltop villages, and wines.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 7 x 15m / shared pool
- Air conditioning in the bedrooms on the first floor
- All bedrooms have mosquito nets on the windows
- Internet WIFI connection
- TV (regional channels)
- Washing machine
- Fridge and freezer
- Stove with oven
- Eectric kettle
- Iron and ironing board
- Barbecue only upon request (to be advised upon booking)
In the ground floor bathroom there are no steps to get into the shower, therefore is suitable to people with walking difficulties. Wheelchair facilities are not provided.
Restaurant, bar 1.5 km
Grocery shop 1.5 km
Tennis court 6 km
Riding stable 10 km
Albinia 10 km
Beach 14 km
Capalbio 15 km
Orbetello 21 km
Porto Ercole 28 km
Hot springs Saturnia 35 km
Tarquinia 40 km
Tuscania 40 km
Grosseto 45 km
Viterbo 95 km
Siena 120 km
Rome 150 km
Florence 190 km
Pisa 200 km
The beach and the sea: The beach at 14 km from the estate is of fine white sand. Generally the water is warm enough to swim from mid May to mid October. The shallow sandy beach is suitable for small children. Giannella beach is a free public beach with many bathing establishments, bars, restaurants. It is perfect for families with small children. Car parking is possible all along the coast. During July and August Gianella is more busy, but newer crowded. You can hire a boat to visit the hidden creeks of the islands Giglio and Giannutri.
The wine estate: The property has an ambitious and interesting wine production. It is possible to have a visit of the cellars followed by a tasting.
The WWF Maremma National Park: The Park encompasses seven towers, the remains of an abbey and twenty six grottoes. In summer the National Park can only be visited accompanied by a guide. Visits by night from 8 to 11 pm are a special thrill. At 30 minutes from the property.
The Etruscans: A trip through what was known as Etruria is one of the most interesting archaeological excursions in Italy. Tarquinia and Tuscania, only 30 km away from the estate, boast worldwide famous archeological excavations which should not be missed.
Monte Argentario: Only 20 minutes from the esrtate lies the Monte Argentario, a peninsula connected with the mainland by three dams. The Monte Argentario is known for its fine coastline, rich mediterranean vegetation and the two jet set harbours Porto Ercole and Porto Santo Stefano.
The Tarot-Garden of Niki de Saint-Phalle: On one of the hills not far from the estate the famous french artist hs built her „Jardin des Tarots“, twenty two giant sculptures inspired by the figures of the magic tarot cards. Children love it!
The islands and hiring a boat: In Porto Santo Stefano, 30 minutes drive from the estate, you can hire boat which will take you to te islands of Giglio and Giannutri off the Tuscan coast. Giglio has a charming main village and castle, and many creeks hidden between the cliffs. Giannutri, its bare coastline dominated by the ruins of a Roman villa overlooking the sea, recalls some of the Greek islands, which deep-sea divers can look for sunken Roman galeons on the sea bed.
The hot springs of Saturnia: Tuscany is famous for its hot springs. Saturnia, at only 40 minutes from the estate, is the most spectacular, with hot waterfalls in the middle of nature. In summer one might prefer coming here in the evening or even better, at night.
Horseback riding: A tradition in Maremma. At a 20 minute drive there is a riding stable with horses of Maremman breed.
Golf: There are two golf courses in the area. At a 20 minute drive the Golf Club Maremmello has 9 holes, Par 70. The famous Punta Ala Golf course is at an hour's drive away and has 18 holes, Par 72.
Closest shopping: In Albinia at 10 km you will find an excellent supermarket and many specialized shops. Near the house, just at the bottom of the hill at less than 1 km, there is an alimentari (small grocery shop), bar, bank and post office.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
- 1 living room with fireplace
- 1 living room leading onto the garden
- 1 dining room with French windows leading onto the pergola
- 1 large kitchen with fireplace
- 1 double bedroom (no air conditioning) with en suite bathroom (with shower) also leading onto the garden
- 1 WC
- 1 double bedrooms with air conditioning and en suite bathroom
- 3 twin bedrooms with air conditioning and each with en suite bathroom (on request one twin bedroom can be prepared as double bedroom).
- (Two bathrooms on this floor have a shower, two have a bathtub.)
- Large pergola for outdoor meals in front of the house
- Large, irrigated lawn
- Shared pool with sunbeds
18 Apr 2020 - 13 Jun 2020
12 Sep 2020 - 01 Nov 2020
2400 EUR €
13 Jun 2020 - 12 Sep 2020
3150 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Cutinolo Podere||01 Mar 2020 - 11 Apr 2020
18 Apr 2020 - 13 Jun 2020
12 Sep 2020 - 01 Nov 2020
|11 Apr 2020 - 18 Apr 2020
13 Jun 2020 - 12 Sep 2020
10 PAX 10
|2400 EUR €||3150 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingCutinolo Podere|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Air conditioning in the bedrooms of the upper floor
- Internet WIFI connection
- Should you have rented the accommodation for more than 1 week, the house will be cleaned on Saturdays and the linen will be changed.
- Heating (if required): metered. Please be aware that central heating is very expensive in Italy. The average cost in winter varies according to the outdoor temperature and the amount of time the heating is turned on. According to the size of the house figure approx. EUR 20 - 70 per day for several hours heating a day.
- Wood for fireplace: EUR 20 per basket.
- Baby bed: EUR 15 per week. Baby bed can be booked for children up to their 4th birthday.
- High chair: EUR 10 per week
- Final cleaning: EUR 150
- Tourist tax
- Pet allowed only on request when booking: EUR 50 to 100 per week.
EUR 300 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Domestic help (house cleaning, washing and ironing): EUR 15 per hour / minimum 2 hours
- Arrival dinner: The estate can book a table in the nearby local restaurant (2 km). The restaurant offers sandwiches and excellent local meat served in burgers or traditional cut. Homemade fries, grilled vegetables, homemade ice cream. Simple but excellent and friendly stuff! Menus as from EUR 10 (Homemade Hamburger with French fries and ice cream). Veggie burgers for vegetarians. Please book in time (when receiving the travel documents) prior to arrival!
- Cook for dinner during the week: The costs are EUR 15 per hour (shopping time, preparation, cleaning kitchen), plus the groceries. Please book prior to your arrival. The menu can be discussed upon arrival.
- Set of beach towels: EUR 4 per towel
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday during high season, flexible travel dates are considered during low season.
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates, however please enquire for other dates.
- Pool opening dates: beginning of June - end of September
House in walking distance to the sandy beach
- Sleeps 6-12 Guests
- Bedrooms 3/3 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 2/2 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 100/75 m2 m2
A former traditional hunting castle in the Maremma
- Sleeps 15 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 4 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 375 m2 m2