7 km from Capalbio and from the sandy beaches.
A stylish house furnished by one of Italy’s most talented garden designers.
|Prices||€ 3790 - 4790 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
An artistic country retreat close to Tuscany's most trendy beaches
Casa Maremma is an outbuilding within the grounds of a large estate, a historic compound on the southern Tuscan coast, also known as Maremma. The estate used to be one of Italy’s largest foundries. Today it houses one of the most important private gardens in Italy. You enter the estate through a gate which leads onto a front yard, where all residents of the estate park their car.
Casa Maremma is a semi detached two storey house. The neighbouring building is lived in by permanent residents, who share the front yard, but not the garden, nor the pool.
The restoration of Casa Maremma is worthy of the best contemporary decoration magazines. The owner, one of Italy’s most talented garden designers, used high end materials and elements of architectural heritage to create a modern space with strong links to the past.
The open spaced ground floor is paved throughout in remarkably sized stone slabs. High ceilings, vaults and French windows complete the setting. Living room, dining room and kitchen flow into each other. The living room has two sitting areas with large comfortable sofas, some antiques and some oriental elements which all blend into each other beautifully. One of the sitting areas has a home cinema appliance with surround sound. Large contemporary art hangs on the walls. The open plan kitchen is well designed, and has 5 gas burners, an oven and a microwave oven. At the end of the room, where the kitchen is, a large glass panelled door leads onto a dining terrace and then, down a few steps, to a patio paved in ancient stone slabs furnished as an outdoor living room.
The second floor – for the sake of warmth and silence – was clad in a rough oak parquet floor, strewn with pale coloured kilims brought back from travels. As you reach the upper floor, you enter the welcoming library with open fireplace. This room also serves as an office to those guests who need to do some work while spending their holiday here. From here you reach the 4 bedrooms, which all have en suite bathrooms.
The oval swimming pool lies at around 35 m from the house. It is fenced for the security of small children. The walk to the pool leads you through parts of the magical garden planted by the owner over the last 30 years. You will not tire of this garden, which is full of surprises, such as sculptures by the son of the family (a renowned artist), stone benches, hidden gardens, old buildings and on an on. It is a paradise of peace and beauty, olive trees and rare climbing roses, perfumed jasmine and black bamboo canes. The pool is also used by the family of the owner, who usually only swim there in the mornings.
Casa Maremma 8
Living and Dining Room
1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom (tub)
1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom (shower)
2 twin bedrooms with en suite bathroom (shower)
Terrace in front of the kitchen for al fresco meals
Outdoor living room in stone paved patio
Pool (8 x 15 m): the pool is exclusive to the guests of Casa Maremma until 5 pm, after 5 pm the owner might join you.
Shower next to the pool
Beautifully landscaped mature garden
Weekly rates in €
|Casa Maremma||07 May 2016 - 02 Jul 2016
27 Aug 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
|02 Jul 2016 - 27 Aug 2016
8 PAX 8
|3790 EUR €||4790 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingCasa Maremma|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only.
Availability only during the above mentioned dates.
Pool size: 8 x 15 m / opening dates: beginning of June - end of September. The pool is exclusive to the guests of Casa Maremma until 5 pm, after 5 pm the owner might join the guests. Pool towels are provided.
Two baby beds and high chairs available: free of charge. Bedlinen for the baby beds is not provided, please remember to bring your own.
Pets not allowed.
Extra services available only on request (domestic help, Tuscan meal on your first evening on Saturday, cook, first shopping), to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Domestic help (house cleaning, washing and ironing): EUR 15 per hour.
- Typical Tuscan meal on your first evening, after a long trip: EUR 25 per adult, EUR 15 per child up to the age of 12, children below the age of 6 free. The dinner consists of an antipasto, a pasta dish, salad and pecorino cheese, fruit and local biscuits to finish, plus bread and 1 bottle of wine and water for every for 4 persons.
- Cook for dinner during the week only on request: EUR 25 per hour.
- First shopping: EUR 150 (expenses for a few basics and shopping time included). The shopping list includes: bread, butter, jam, eggs, 2 litres of milk, 1 packet Earl Grey tea, 1 packet coffee, natural yoghurt, 2 bottles of orange juice, 2 kg fruits of the season, 2 kg pasta (noodles), 2 jars tomato sauce, 1 piece fresh parmesan cheese, salad and tomatoes, extra vergin olive oil, 4 litres mineral water, 3 bottles of beer, dishwasher detergent.
Security deposit, heating, wood for fireplace, final cleaning to be paid in euros on the premises.
- Security deposit: Prior to arrival guests are asked to make a security deposit of EUR 1000 (credit card pre-authorisation held by our agency). At the end of the stay the credit card pre-authorisation will be cancelled, unless it has to be used partly or fully for any damage or unpaid local expenses.
- Heating (if required): EUR 200 per week for 2 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening.
- Wood for fireplace: EUR 15 per basket.
- Please note: Final cleaning is included in the rent. You are expected to leave the house as you found it. Possible extra cleaning costs will be debited on your security deposit.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, water, electricity, gas, Internet WIFI connection, final cleaning*, daily garden mantainance and pool cleaning service all included in the price. Should you have rented the accommodation for more than 1 week, the house will be cleaned on Saturdays and the linen will be changed.
*Final cleaning is included in the rent. You are expected to leave the house as you found it. Possible extra cleaning costs will be debited on your security deposit.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.