13 km northeast of Siena.
Farmhouse with highly original interiors designed by the internationally renowned architect owners.
|Prices||€ 13750 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
A lovingly restored farmhouse
This beautifully restored farmhouse lies 13 kilometres from Siena. It is surrounded by lavendar fields and has marvellous views: if you look carefully, you see the towers of Siena in the background. Torre Senese is within easy reach of such cultural gems as Florence, San Gimignano, Volterra and the Chianti area. Lucca, Pisa and Arezzo are about one and a half hours by car and Perugia, Orvieto and Assisi are equally easy day trips.
The property has appeared in major international magazines such as House and Garden, Architectural Digest as well as in Bernardo Bertolucci’s film Stealing Beauty.
Owned by a couple of cosmopolitan architects who lovingly restored and converted it into their own private residence, Torre Senese has been designed, furnished, and fitted to a very high level. The interiors are minimalist and organic whilst outside the extensive lawns join the buildings together and articulate the different areas for lounging in the shade, which includes a loggia facing the courtyard and the pool, furnished with outdoor sofas and dining tables, as well as a sheltered outdoor dining area.
The property manager who comes in whenever it suits you to discuss your plans, help with booking of museum tickets, give you advice on what to do and what to see and plan your meals. The maids can prepare a light lunch. The staff lives in a separate building by the parking. The cook lives in a nearby village and prepares dinner every evening of the week, the maids serve at table. Breakfast is prepared every morning 7 days week as of 8 in the morning. The groceries are not included in the rent. Guests can help themselves to the vegetable garden and the orchard. The garden and the pool are tended daily.
Things to do
- Siena, this proud Medieval city has much to offer with its Duomo, churches and musuems sitting amongst its tight and winding lanes, which themselves ultimately converge on to the open space of the Piazza del Campo. The Campo is the stage for the Palio (which takes place twice a year on July 2nd and August 16th) which is well worth a visit and not simply for the race itself, but also the events and dinners held in each of the contradas in the build up to and immediately after the main event: 13 km, 20 min drive.
- San Gimignano is famous for its 14 towers (originally it had 72), erected as a symbol of wealth and power of the merchant families who lived there. The city became part of the sites protected by UNESCO in 1990: 46 km, 50 min drive.
- Between 1212 and 1219 Monterriggioni a tiny but exquisite medieval walled town which was built by the Sienee against Florence. Monterriggioni has some of the best preserved walls in Italy & was referenced in Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy as well as more latterly featuring in Ubisoft’s Assassin Creed: 25 km, 30 min drive.
- Buonconvento is recognized as ‘one of the most beautiful villages in Italy’, I BORGHI PIU BELLI D'ITALIA. The main street is lined with historic palazzi and Buonconvento also plays host to two museums, including the Sacred Art Musuem exhibiting significant religious paintings from churches across the area: 36 km, 45 min drive.
- The village of Montalcino, home to the famous Brunello di Montalcino stands hilltop covered almost entirely with vineyards and at its centre signature examples of Medieval architecture: the Palazzo dei Priori and the wonderful Rocca fortress, built circa XIV century: 50 km, 1 hr drive. Nine kilometres to the south of Montalcino, in a timeless rural landscape surrounded by yet more Brunello vineyards, can be found the Abbey of Sant’Antimo.
- Pienza, not far from Villa San Luigi, has been declared “Heritage of Mankind” by Unseco and is considered to be the “symbol city” of the Italian Renaissance (as well as famous for its wonderful pecorino cheese): 68 km, 1 hr by car.
- Montepulciano, another charming village, known as the pearl of the 16th century and renowned for the production of wines such as Vino Nobile di Montepulciano: 63 km, 1 hr.
- Cortona: This Etruscan town over-looking the Val di Chiana is an attractive tourist location, made all the more famous by the film Under the Tuscan Sun and books of Frances Mayes: 72 km, 1 hrs drive.
- Chianti: The Chianti region between Florence and Siena is famous not only for its wines but also the wooded landscape of cypress, olive, and oak trees, interspersed with vineyards and picturesque towns and villages.
- The Tuscan Coast: Driving through the wilder countryside to the west of San Luigi, brings you to the Parco Naturale della Maremma which runs along the southern Tuscan coastline dotted with beaches, fishing villages and nature reserves: 103 km, 1 hr and 15 min drive.
- Tennis - San Felice 5 km.
- Horse riding - Centro Ippico Martini Cicala – Pianella 5 km / Centro Ippico della Beradenga 15 km.
- Golf - Villa Gori Golf Club 10 km.
- Markets in Siena on Wednesday mornings and Poggibonsi on Tuesday mornings.
Torre Senese 10
Main House - Ground Floor
- Living room opening onto a double-arched loggia and paved terrace
- Double arched loggia
- Dining room with French windows onto a patio
- Large kitchen with fireplace and comfortable chairs
- Bedroom 1: Single 140x200, en suite bathroom with tub, wash basin and WC
- Bedroom 2: Single 140x200, en suite bathroom with shower, wash basin and WC
Main House - First Floor
- Living room with fire place and grand piano
- Home office
- Bedroom 3: Master double 160x200, en suite bathroom with tub, wash basin and WC
- Bedroom 4: Twin beds 80x200, en suite bathroom with shower, wash-basin and WC
- Bedroom 5: Double 160x200, en suite bathroom with tub, wash basin and WC
Tower - Ground Floor
- Living room
- Kitchenette and dining room
Tower - First Floor
- Bedroom 6: Double 160x200, en suite bathroom with shower, wash-basin and WC
Tower - Second Floor
- Bedrooms 7 & 8: 2 single bedrooms 80x200, which share a bathroom with tub, wash-basin and WC
- Salt water swimming pool 5 x 15 m
- Ping pong table
- Outdoor home cinema (in summer)
- 1 hectare of fenced garden
- Dramatic 400-meter-long driveway
- 360-degree views ranging from the city of Siena to the vineyards and hills of Chianti
- Extensive lawns
- Loggia and terraces for al fresco meals
- Vegetable garden and orchard
Weekly rates in €
|Torre Senese||01 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
10 PAX 10
|13750 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingTorre Senese|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday only.
Pool size: 5 x 15 m / salt water pool / opening dates: mid May - mid October. Pool towels are provided.
Baby bed and high chair available on request.
Extra service available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Additional cook service.
- A grocery shopping can be arranged prior to your arrival.
- Midweek change of linen.
Security deposit, heating to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 2500.
- Heating (if requested): metered.
Included in the price are the following services:
- 1 full time maid.
- 1 part time maid.
- Breakfast service every morning (cost of food and drinks extra).
- Welcome drink the evening of your arrival.
- Cook for lunch or dinner (1 meal a day / cost of food and drinks extra).
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, bathroom towels are changed on Wednesdays and Saturdays, water, electricity, gas, Internet WIFI connection, final cleaning, pool cleaning service, garden maintenance all included in the price.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.