Nestled in a fairy-tale setting among the gentle hillsides south-west of Florence, Villa Florence is set on a large plot of beauty and peace. It is perfect for seven couples and a single or an extended family seeking close proximity to Florence. The location could not be better. Set on an idyllic hillside just 20 minutes (14 km) from Florence, this elegant country house is within an hours drive of all of the beautiful hill towns and vineyards of Chianti. The closest village, San Donato in Collina, is 2 km away. It offers easy access to both Florence and Chianti, so you can alternate trips to the Uffizi and the Duomo with excursions to the countryside of Tuscany. San Donato has a bar, a small grocery shop with bakery, a butcher, a hairdresser, and a church. Horseback riding is found at 1 km.
A short unpaved road (500 m) leads to the farmhouse, surrounded by vineyards and olive grove; this access is not suitable for low slung cars. The property has been fully restored in 2011 and the attention to detail and beauty is remarkable. The property includes the house (400 sqm) for 12 people, a small dependence (100 sqm) for 4 people and a large private pool which can be heated. In the garden there is a gazebo for relaxing. A stone patio with pizza oven BBQ overlooks the country side. It is furnished with a long table, comfortable chairs for dining al fresco. A few steps from the house is the pool, surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas, and a panoramic view of the gentle hills.
Inside, Villa Florence has beautiful terracotta tile floors and beamed ceilings, and is divided into three floors. There is a total of 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms (4 with shower, 4 with bathtub). The bedrooms are spacious. Villa Florence is an ecologic property as the electricity is produced by solar cells and refreshment of air and heating by geothermal energy.
Next to Villa Florence is an other separate private villa belonging to the same owner (Villa Leonina / also featured in our portfolio). The villas are close to each other, but separated by hedges and trees. Each villa has its private access, private drive way, and each villa has its own private pool. There is a separate fitness house of the estate (with hydromassage, sauna, equipment for gym and bar) with exclusive use for the first clients who reserve it.
Florence, the capital city of Tuscany, will make you swoon with its art, architecture, culture and history. Some favorites are Michelangelo's David in the Accademia, the Duomo, Campanile and Bapistry, the museum of the works of the Duomo, the Palazzo Vecchio, the Bargello, San Marco with Fra Angelica's frescos, Santa Croce, and San Miniato, not to mention the Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens. Think of Florence for leather, lace, linens, Florentine paper and paper products, wine, food and monthly rentals off season. Famous festivals are Easter and San Giovanni June 25. Do you wish to whet your appetite for Florence? Visit our new culture website and browse through the 70 museums of Florence: http://www.museumsinflorence.com.
This is perhaps one of the most magical cities in Tuscany. The narrow streets and squares are grouped into sixteen different neighbourhoods or 'contrade' around the shell-shaped main square, each of which has a colourful flag depicting a different symbol to which the 'contradaioli' are fanatically devoted. Each contrada sends a horse to the race, run twice or three times yearly, which is held in the main square when life in Siena comes to a standstill and the hearts of its citizens are held in thrall.
The Chianti area
The hills of Chianti, criss-crossed with vines and crested with cypress trees have become the hallmark of Tuscany, the beauty of the landscape married to a quality of life which would be rare anywhere in the world. Chiantishire, as the English call it, has an infinite variety of hilltop villages where you can sip a cappuccino in one of the outdoor cafe's in the medieval squares, of cellars where you can sample the local wines from the barrels, of little trattorias serving robustly satisfying Tuscan food with its hams and salamis and delicious pastas and wild boar stew with white beans and salads growing wild in the hedgerows. The back roads wind uphill and down, between old stone walls crested with pale violet irises past Romanesque cloisters, sandstone farmhouses and shepherds with their flocks of sheep producing the famed 'pecorino' cheese.
You are in the heart of Tuscany and the list of excursions half or a whole day away is long: Arezzo, famous for its Piero della Francesca frescoes and its monthly antique market, the walled city of Lucca with its 99 churches, the leaning tower of Pisa, the Val d'Orcia with the Renaissance town of Pienza and the wine-making meccas of Montepulciano and Montalcino and the awe-inspiring abbey of Sant'Antimo are just another few...
Our Guests Reviews
We stayed for one week at Villa Florence and could have been there for so much longer. We loved it, the view across the valley is a wow and the house is so tastefully decorated and of high quality. The village is just two km away. Many good restaurants around. I am a Food Technologist so food is very important to me - in house cooking was fab, just so delicious. We really did feel accepted, everyone was just so friendly to us. We toured most days and saw some beautiful Tuscan towns. We loved everything about it. Bed so comfy and beautiful, bedding crisp and white.
S. Browning, September 2018
Sehr geehrte Frau Röhrig,
ich darf Ihnen mitteilen, dass wir alle sehr zufrieden mit unserem Aufenthalt in der Villa Florence waren. Das Haus und vor allem die Leute Vorort sind wirklich wunderbar.
Aus diesem Grund habe ich gerade bei Tripadvisor die nachfolgende Review gepostet. Ich hoffe es hat funktioniert, da ich dies erstmals gemacht habe.
This Villa is located near Florence (about 14km). The house and the amenities are fantastic. Each bedroom has its own bathroom. There a couple of living / dining rooms (one of them huge with a high ceiling and an enormous dining table; another one with a billiards table). There is enough space for a large family or a group of friends (12 – 16 persons). The kitchen is well equipped. The grounds are very large and if you have children, they can roam around freely. A large pool with plenty of sun loungers and table tennis is part of the Villa as well. Next to the wonderful outside dining table there is a grill and a pizza oven, which you can use.
The house is cleaned every day (except for Sundays) by very friendly and efficient housemaids. It is possible to have your own cook and waiter prepare meals for you and serve them. We took advantage of this service three times during our stay. The food was extremely good and the waiter very friendly and helpful. We really can recommend this service, if you do not want to go out or cook dinner every day.
When you arrive you will probably be greeted by Giulia, who is very courteous and helpful. Should you need anything during your stay, you just have to ring her and she will take care of it quickly. If you want more privacy than in a hotel, but still wish for some support during your stay this Villa should be perfect for you.
C. Raidl, August 2017
Left on Sep 4, 2013 for a stay in Aug 2013
Our rental Florence in San Donato in Collina, was fabolous and I think that is very good oportunity for a next vacation. Special regard and thank to Julia, she was exceptional with us.
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 6 x 12m / private pool
- Pool can be fenced on request
- Refreshment of air and heating produced by geothermal energy. Please note: Refreshment of air produced by geothermal energy is a modern and healthy cooling system. The air will be refreshed circa 10-12 centigrade lower than the outside temperature. The guests will not have the 15 centigrade air conditioning but a healthy refreshed air. (When the outside temperature is 30 degrees celsius, it will be around 19-20 degrees celsius in the house).
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine and dryer
- Alarm system
- Large fridge with freezer
- Professional stove 6 burners
- Blender, microwave, oven
- Electric kettle, toaster
- American coffee maker
- Espresso/cappuccino maker
- Large refrigerator with freezer
- Hair dryer in each bathroom
- Iron and ironing board
- Billiard table
- Terrace with gazebo
- Outdoor furniture (sun loungers, tables and chairs, sun umbrella)
- Barbecue grill
- Pizza oven
- Parking on private ground
- Electronic entrance gate
AVAILABLE AT EXTRA CHARGE
Use the fitness house of the estate (sauna, hydromassage, equippement for gym, biobar) to be requested when booking
Bagno a Ripoli 9 km
Florence 14 km
Radda in Chianti 40 km
Gaiole in Chianti 52 km
Arrezzo 60 km
San Gimignano 64 km
Siena 80 km
Montepulciano 95 km
Lucca 100 km
Pisa 120 km
Viareggio 120 km
Forte dei Marmi VIP beaches 130 km
- Sauna, fitness
- Horse back riding 1 km
- Golf Ugolino 11 km
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
VILLA (12 people) / 500 m2
- 1 reception room with a piano (85 sqm) convertible for conferences
- 2 living rooms on the ground floor
- 1 living room with a small bar on the first floor of the tower
- 1 breakfast room
- 1 dining room (with access to the stone patio)
- 1 fully equipped kitchen
- 3 twin or double bedrooms (large beds, 100 cm each), each room with en suite bathrooms
- 2 double bedrooms (king size, beds cannot be divided) each with en suite bathroom; one of the double bedrooms has an additional single bed
- 1 single bedroom (bed 120 cm) with its bathroom
- 1 service room with washing machine and dryer
DEPENDANCE (4 people) / 100 m2
- 1 double bedroom (king size, bed cannot be divided) with en suite bathroom
- 1 twin or double bedroom (large beds, 100 cm each) with en suite bathroom
- 1 living room with fully equipped kitchenette
Stone patio with pizza oven BBQ and gazebo
The fitness house (sauna, hydromassage, equipment for gym, biobar) can be used at extra charge, to be requested when booking.
The weekly price is referred to an occupancy of 16 people. Please see the discount for smaller groups up to 12 people.
26 Oct 2019 - 31 Dec 2019
7990 EUR €
31 Aug 2019 - 26 Oct 2019
8990 EUR €
9990 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Florence||01 Jan 2019 - 06 Apr 2019
26 Oct 2019 - 31 Dec 2019
|06 Apr 2019 - 22 Jun 2019
31 Aug 2019 - 26 Oct 2019
|22 Jun 2019 - 31 Aug 2019
15+1 PAX 16
|7990 EUR €||8990 EUR €||9990 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Florence|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Special price for groups up to 11+1 people. If rented for this reduced price the Dependance for 4 people will be closed:
EUR 1000 discount per week in high season
EUR 900 discount per week in mid season
EUR 800 discount per week in low season
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday
- Bath towels changed on Wednesday and Saturday
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Refreshment of air and heating produced by geothermal energy
- Wood for fireplace and barbecue grill
- Maid service (4 hours house cleaning 6 times per week from Monday to Saturday/2 persons for 2 hours)
- Baby bed with linen and high chair
- Pet allowed upon request
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Final cleaning for Villa + Dependance: EUR 500
- Final cleaning for Villa without Dependance: EUR 400
Villa + Dependance: EUR 1300 cash deposit are due on arrival. Villa without Dependance: EUR 1000 cash deposit are due on arrival. Note: For Christmas and New Year the security deposit might increase.
USE OF THE FITNESS HOUSE (please request when booking)
- EUR 1000 per week to be paid upon booking
- EUR 100 final cleaning
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Typical Tuscan meal on your first evening, after a long trip: for up to 11 people 1 chef is requested: EUR 150; for 12 or more people 1 chef (EUR 150) + 1 waiter (EUR 120) are requested: Eur 270. Please note: The groceries shopping has to be added to the price.
- Every day cost (7 days per week) for cook for lunch and/or dinner (if requested): MEAT/VEGETARIAN CHOICE includes a starter, a first course, a main course and a dessert (red wine and coffee included): for up to 11 people EUR 30 per person; for 12 or more people EUR 40 per person. Also FISH CHOICE and VEGAN CHOICE are available: prices on request.
- Breakfast: EUR 15 per person per day (EUR 105 per person per week).
- Cooking lessons: EUR 250 + grocery shopping for up to 11 people; EUR 400 + grocery shopping for 12 or more people.
- First shopping: EUR 20 plus expenses for the groceries (please specify the shopping list).
- Extra set of linen during the week: please check price on the premises.
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 15 per hour.
- Transfer to airport or railway station: please check price on the premises.
- Tourist guide: please check price on the premises.
- Horse back riding: please check price on the premises.
- Professional masseuse: please check price on the premises.
- Painting lessons (watercolor painting and drawing): please check price on the premises.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday during high season
- Shorter stays are possible during mid and low season. Short stays promotion: During mid and low season rentals shorter than one week are accepted at the following condition: Price per day (weekly rate divided by 7) multiplied by the number of the requested nights + the cost of one extra night. (For example: if the guests want to stay 3 nights 4 nights are invoiced). Minimum stay: 3 nights.
- Pool opening dates: beginning May depending on weather conditions - end of September
Price reduction if rented for groups up to 11!As from
Luxury villa in the green hills close to Florence
- Sleeps 15 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 500 m2 m2
Luxury farmhouse in a fairy-tale setting
- Sleeps 10+4 Guests
- Bedrooms 5 (+1) Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 6 (+1) Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 530 m2 m2