|Location||14 km south-west of Florence.|
Luxury villa with all modern comforts.
|Prices||€ 7990 - 9990 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Nestled in a fairy-tale setting among the gentle hillsides south-west of Florence, Villa Florence is set on a large plot of beauty and peace. It is perfect for seven couples and a single or an extended family seeking close proximity to Florence. The location could not be better. Set on an idyllic hillside just 20 minutes (14 km) from Florence, this elegant country house is within an hours drive of all of the beautiful hill towns and vineyards of Chianti. The closest village, San Donato in Collina, is 2 km away. It offers easy access to both Florence and Chianti, so you can alternate trips to the Uffizi and the Duomo with excursions to the countryside of Tuscany. San Donato has a bar, a small grocery shop with bakery, a butcher, a hairdresser, and a church. Horseback riding is found at 1 km.
A short unpaved road (500 m) leads to the farmhouse, surrounded by vineyards and olive grove. The property has been fully restored in 2011 and the attention to detail and beauty is remarkable. The property includes the house (400 sqm) for 12 people, a small dependence (100 sqm) for 4 people and a large private pool which can be heated. In the garden there is a gazebo for relaxing. A stone patio with pizza oven BBQ overlooks the country side. It is furnished with a long table, comfortable chairs for dining al fresco. A few steps from the house is the pool, surrounded by lounge chairs and umbrellas, and a panoramic view of the gentle hills.
Inside, Villa Florence has beautiful terracotta tile floors and beamed ceilings, and is divided into three floors. There is a total of 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms (4 with shower, 4 with bathtub). The bedrooms are spacious. Villa Florence is an ecologic property as the electricity is produced by solar cells and refreshment of air and heating by geothermal energy.
Next to Villa Florence is an other separate private villa belonging to the same owner (Villa Leonina / also featured in our portfolio). The villas are close to each other, but separated by hedges and trees. Each villa has its private access, private drive way, and each villa has its own private pool. There is a separate fitness house of the estate (with hydromassage, sauna, equipment for gym and bar) with exclusive use for the first clients who reserve it.
Florence, the capital city of Tuscany, will make you swoon with its art, architecture, culture and history. Some favorites are Michelangelo's David in the Accademia, the Duomo, Campanile and Bapistry, the museum of the works of the Duomo, the Palazzo Vecchio, the Bargello, San Marco with Fra Angelica's frescos, Santa Croce, and San Miniato, not to mention the Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio, Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens. Think of Florence for leather, lace, linens, Florentine paper and paper products, wine, food and monthly rentals off season. Famous festivals are Easter and San Giovanni June 25. Do you wish to whet your appetite for Florence? Visit our new culture website and browse through the 70 museums of Florence: http://www.museumsinflorence.com.
This is perhaps one of the most magical cities in Tuscany. The narrow streets and squares are grouped into sixteen different neighbourhoods or 'contrade' around the shell-shaped main square, each of which has a colourful flag depicting a different symbol to which the 'contradaioli' are fanatically devoted. Each contrada sends a horse to the race, run twice or three times yearly, which is held in the main square when life in Siena comes to a standstill and the hearts of its citizens are held in thrall.
The Chianti area
The hills of Chianti, criss-crossed with vines and crested with cypress trees have become the hallmark of Tuscany, the beauty of the landscape married to a quality of life which would be rare anywhere in the world. Chiantishire, as the English call it, has an infinite variety of hilltop villages where you can sip a cappuccino in one of the outdoor cafe's in the medieval squares, of cellars where you can sample the local wines from the barrels, of little trattorias serving robustly satisfying Tuscan food with its hams and salamis and delicious pastas and wild boar stew with white beans and salads growing wild in the hedgerows. The back roads wind uphill and down, between old stone walls crested with pale violet irises past Romanesque cloisters, sandstone farmhouses and shepherds with their flocks of sheep producing the famed 'pecorino' cheese.
You are in the heart of Tuscany and the list of excursions half or a whole day away is long: Arezzo, famous for its Piero della Francesca frescoes and its monthly antique market, the walled city of Lucca with its 99 churches, the leaning tower of Pisa, the Val d'Orcia with the Renaissance town of Pienza and the wine-making meccas of Montepulciano and Montalcino and the awe-inspiring abbey of Sant'Antimo are just another few...
Villa Florence 15+1
VILLA (12 people)
- 1 reception room with a piano (85 sqm) convertible for conferences
- 2 living rooms on the ground floor
- 1 living room with a small bar on the first floor of the tower
- 1 breakfast room
- 1 dining room (with access to the stone patio)
- 1 fully equipped kitchen
- 3 twin or double bedrooms (large beds, 100 cm each), each room with en suite bathrooms
- 2 double bedrooms (king size, beds cannot be divided) each with en suite bathroom; one of the double bedrooms has an additional single bed
- 1 single bedroom (bed 120 cm) with its bathroom
- 1 service room with washing machine and dryer
DEPENDANCE (4 people)
- 1 double bedroom (king size, bed cannot be divided) with en suite bathroom
- 1 twin or double bedroom (large beds, 100 cm each) with en suite bathroom
- 1 living room with fully equipped kitchenette
Stone patio with pizza oven BBQ and gazebo
Use the fitness house (sauna, hydromassage, equippement for gym, biobar) to be requested when booking
The weekly price is referred to an occupancy of 16 people.
Please see the discount for smaller groups up to 12 people.
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Florence||01 Jan 2017 - 01 Apr 2017
28 Oct 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
|01 Apr 2017 - 24 Jun 2017
02 Sep 2017 - 28 Oct 2017
|24 Jun 2017 - 02 Sep 2017
15+1 PAX 16
|7990 EUR €||8990 EUR €||9990 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Florence|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Special price for groups up to 11+1 people (if rented for this reduced price the Dependance suitable for 4 people will be closed):
EUR 1000 discount per week in high season.
EUR 900 discount per week in mid season.
EUR 800 discount per week in low season.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday during high season; shorter stays are possible during mid and low season (see below*).
Pool size: 12 x 6 m, depth 1.2 - 2.8 m / opening dates: beginning May depending on weather conditions - end of September. Pool towels are provided.
Baby bed with linen and high chair available: free of charge.
Extra service available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Typical Tuscan meal on your first evening, after a long trip, and cook for lunch and dinner during your stay: MEAT/VEGETARIAN CHOICE includes a starter, a first course, a main course and a dessert (red wine and coffee included): for up to 11 people EUR 30 per person; for 12 or more people EUR 40 per person. Also FISH CHOICE and VEGAN CHOICE are available: prices on request.
- Breakfast: EUR 15 per person per day (EUR 105 per person per week).
- Cooking lessons: EUR 250 + grocery shopping.
- First shopping: EUR 20 plus expenses for the groceries (please specify the shopping list).
- Extra set of linen during the week: please check price on the premises.
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 15 per hour.
- Transfer to airport or railway station: please check price on the premises.
- Tourist guide: please check price on the premises.
- Horse back riding: please check price on the premises.
- Professional masseuse: please check price on the premises.
- Painting lessons (watercolor painting and drawing): please check price on the premises.
Use of fitness house (sauna, hydromassage, equippement for gym, biobar), please check availability when booking:
- EUR 1000 per week to be paid upon booking.
- EUR 100 final cleaning to be paid on the premises.
Security deposit, final cleaning to be paid in euros on the premises:
Security deposit: EUR 1300 (if rented without the Dependance EUR 1000).
Exception: for Christmas and New Year the security deposit might increase.
- Final cleaning: EUR 500 (if rented without the Dependance EUR 400).
- Pet allowed upon request: free of charge.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday, bath towels changed on Wednesday and Saturday, water, electricity, Internet WIFI connection, refreshment of air and heating produced by geothermal energy, wood for fireplace and BBQ, maid service (4 hours house cleaning 6 times per week from Monday to Saturday/2 persons for 2 hours), pool cleaning service, garden maintenance all included in the price.
* Short stays promotion:
During mid and low season rentals shorter than one week are accepted at the following condition: Price per day (weekly rate divided by 7) multiplied by the number of the requested nights + the cost of one extra night. (For example: if the guests want to stay 3 nights 4 nights are invoiced). Minimum stay: 3 nights.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Our Guests Reviews
Left on Sep 4, 2013 for a stay in Aug 2013
Our rental Florence in San Donato in Collina, was fabolous and I think that is very good oportunity for a next vacation. Special regard and thank to Julia, she was exceptional with us.