Lovely villa in the Chianti Classico
Villa Vigna is a typical Tuscan stone farmhouse set in the most coveted part of Tuscany, within the golden triangle between Florence, San Gimignano and Siena. Part of a an organic farm spanning 300 hectares, the farmhouse is surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and woodland.
Located a few yards from a country road near the medieval hill town of Barberino Val d'Elsa in classic Chianti the property affords glorious, uninterrupted views overlooking neigbouring medieval hamlets and villages, including the towers of San Gimignano in the distance.
The villa offers air-conditioned bedrooms, a large private pool, extensive lawns and a cobbled courtyard overlooking the magical countryside of rolling hills.
The country retreat of an aristocratic Italian family for many generations, Villa Vigna carries the patina of a house that has been tendered with years of loving care and attention. It is furnished with family antiques and retains its original terracotta flooring, vaulted and beamed ceilings.
Comfortable sofas and shelves filled with books set the tone for the three sitting areas which provide plenty of quiet reading corners as well as space for the whole party to gather.
There is a choice of dining areas too: a formal indoor dining room with a old terracotta floor is one of these. Outside there is a vine-covered pergola with a large dining table ideal for long lunches and warm evenings; this space is attached to the guest house - known as Lemon House - where the main kitchen is located. With a table seating 20, it faces the courtyard furnished with a modern shaded seating area and then leads down to the swimming pool terrace.
A second guest house - a large independent suite over two floors, with private kitchenette - can be accessed either from the main villa or through an independent entrance. An added bonus within the garden is the play area for children complete with swings and a climbing frame.
Set on a hill just a half-mile outside the medieval town of Barberino val d’Elsa, Villa Vigna offers a great location from where to visit some of the most important Chianti towns or villages, and the famous San Gimignano is 25 minutes away. Florence and Siena are 40 minutes by car or one hour by bus.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 6 x 12m / salt water pool
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Three working fireplaces
- Fixed telephone line with cordless units
- Satellite TV (no Sky channels)
- CD player
- Washing machine
- Hairdryers (4)
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms
- Portable fans available
- Parking for 4 cars
- For children: play area in the garden with swings and a climbing frame. Selection of toys, English books and videos. Stair gates.
On the ground floor of the main house there is one twin bedroom with an en suite bathroom with shower and disabled facilities. Please note that there are steps to reach the pool area.
Barberino Val d`Elsa (shops) 800 m
Tavarnelle 3 km
Poggibonsi (railway station) 8 km
S. Gimignano 20 km
Florence 30 km
Siena 35 km
Livorno (coast) 100 km
Villages nearby: You can go shopping in Barberino Val d´Elsa, approx. 800 m away. Barberino lies along a beautiful road with views of the Colli Fiorentini on one side and the Val d´Elsa on the other. It is a hilltop village that has grown beyond its original walls, it has a lovely "centro storico". In Barberino there are two bars, a butcher, the best pizzeria far and wide, a wine shop, a hairdresser's, a pharmacy and a post office. If you need a good supermarket you can choose between the one in Tavarnelle, where there is a weekly market every Thursday on the piazza or, even better, the large Coop supermarket (with an overwhelming delicatessen counter) in Poggibonsi, about 10 minutes away by car.
Restaurants: The next restaurant with a panoramic garden terrace can be reached on foot - a nice walk of about 10-15 minutes. (If you prefer to walk, it might be a good idea to take along a flashlight as the path to the restaurant is not lit). In the near vicinity there is a number of other smaller trattorias and restaurants offering specialties - in this region you can try out a different restaurant every night!
Sight seeing: The famous medieval town of San Gimignano is only about 25 minutes away, 18 km to the south-west. The beautiful Certaldo with a lovely "centro storico" is 15 km to the west. Florence is quickly reached along the motorway, 35 minutes, but the slower route through the Chianti Classico region on the Via Chiantigiana, is one of the loveliest drives in Italy. Siena can be reached in 40 minutes, and also Lucca with its 99 churches, the leaning tower of Pisa, the Val d'Orcia with the Renaissance town of Pienza and the wine-making meccas Montepulciano and Montalcino and the awe-inspiring abbey of Sant'Antimo can be visited in a day trip.
Airports and transport: approx. 50 minutes from the Florence airport, 1 hour and 15 minutes from the Pisa airport, and 1 hour and 40 minutes from Bologna. Railway station at Poggibonsi-San Gimignano, 15 minutes. Motorway exit at Tavarnelle, 11 km.
Sports: Tennis is available at Noce (Tavarnelle) and Poggibonsi. An 18-hole golf course is approx. 35 km away. This is a wonderful area for walking and biking. Horse riding, wine tours, local markets, walking trails, arts and medieval festivals are just some of the many activities and events to enjoy.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
MAIN HOUSE (350 sqm)
- Large sitting room with library and vaulted ceilings
- Well-equipped kitchen with fireplace
- Large formal dining room
- Air-conditioned twin bedroom (# 1) with an en suite bathroom with shower and disabled facilities
- Laundry room
First floor (reached by a 17 step wooden staircase)
- Living room with a large arched window overlooking the flagged courtyard
- TV and music room with fireplace
- Air-conditioned master double bedroom (# 2) with an en suite bathroom with Jacuzzi bath and walk-in closet. The master double bedroom is communicating to a twin bedroom (# 3) making a family suite.
- Air-conditioned double bedroom (# 4) with an en suite bathroom with a shower
- Air-conditioned double bedroom (# 5) with private bathroom in front of it, with a bath and rose shower
- Air-conditioned twin bedroom (# 6) with adjacent private bathroom with shower
Second floor (reached by a steep wooden staircase)
- Air-conditioned double bedroom (# 7) with an en suite bathroom with shower and window overlooking the rolling Tuscan hills
INDEPENDENT SUITE (120 sqm) accessible from the main house or via private entrance
- Sitting room with fireplace
- Kitchenette ideal for breakfast only (no gas cooker), leading out to the garden
- Air-conditioned double bedroom (# 8)
- Bathroom with bath and shower
- Reading room
- Spare bedroom with French queen size bed (# 9)
LEMON HOUSE (upper ground floor)
- Well equipped kitchen and dining/living room with arched glass window doors, leading out to the dining pergola and onto the flagged courtyard with the outdoor sitting area under the sail
- Down four steps a large air-conditioned double bedroom (# 10) with a stunning en suite bathroom with bath and separate shower, leading out on the back of the building onto a lawn and terrace with built in BBQ, just above the swimming pool.
- A terraced garden with extensive lawns bordered by fields and olive groves
- A large courtyard paved in ancient cobblestones leads from the house to the private swimming pool set a few steps lower with an outdoor shower and a shaded by two sails
- A pergola in the courtyard serves as an outdoor dining area, as does a loggia next to the courtyard with a fridge and a barbecue.
12 Sep 2020 - 02 Jan 2021
6000 EUR €
29 Aug 2020 - 12 Sep 2020
6500 EUR €
7200 EUR €
8700 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Vigna||04 Jan 2020 - 09 May 2020
12 Sep 2020 - 02 Jan 2021
|09 May 2020 - 27 Jun 2020
29 Aug 2020 - 12 Sep 2020
|27 Jun 2020 - 11 Jul 2020
||11 Jul 2020 - 29 Aug 2020
16+1 PAX 17
|6000 EUR €||6500 EUR €||7200 EUR €||8700 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingVilla Vigna|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Special price for groups up to 12 people. If rented for this reduced price 6 bedrooms/bathrooms will be available. Prices on request.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Pool towels
- Internet WIFI connection
- Baby bed with linen and high chair
- Maid service (3 hours house cleaning twice per week / the cleaning service does not include the washing of the dishes and the guest's personal washing).
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Air conditioning (if required): metered
- Heating (if required): metered
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Telephone: metered
- A dog may only be kept upon special request when booking and, if allowed, it cannot stroll around free but it should be kept close to the dog owner since hunting is not allowed in that area: EUR 100.
EUR 1000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- First shopping
- Typical Tuscan meal on your first evening
- Cook for dinners during the week
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Pool opening dates: May 23rd - end of September, depending on weather conditions
Price reduction if rented for groups up to 10!As from
A small jewel of Renaissance architecture - Class listed/landmarked building
- Sleeps 16 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 350 m2 m2