In the heart of the Chianti region, halfway between Florence and Siena.
The entire noble floor of a stately 18th-century villa.
|Prices||€ 2900 - 3200 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
Stunning views from the private terrace
La Grande Terrazza is a very large section of a stately 18th century villa. It comprises the entire Piano Nobile (elegant upper floor) of this ancient villa with tower dating back to around the year 1000. (See picture below: the upper level with five windows four of which open). The name speaks for itself: it boasts a wonderful, private and panoramic terrace on the same floor with splendid views onto the celebrated Chianti landscape. With 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms this noble floor sleeps a total of 6+1 people and is a perfect accommodation for 3 couples travelling together or a large family.
This large villa is perched on a hilltop amidst a lush green countryside, exactely halfway between Florence and Siena (40 km distant each). The location is outstanding: From the terrace you can enjoy stunning views of the gentle rolling hills, vineyards, olive trees leading to the extraordinary ancient towers of San Gimignano in the distance. The valley below is of rare beauty. The estate is an active "Azienda Agricola" and cultivates the neighbouring fields. You may stroll through the olive groves and vineyards surrounding the villa and taste the Chianti wine, olive oil and superb grappa produced by the farm. The farm organises wine tastings free of charge in the nearby wine cellar, and the recently awarded Super Tuscan wine is excellent.
This historic estate was until recently used as the summer retreat for a Florentine family and has now been carefully divided into holiday apartments. The largest and most beautiful accommodation, La Grande Terrazza, is offered here. All the original materials have been preserved or harmoniously matched with contemporary equivalents during this restoration that converted this grand Villa into guest apartments. The individual rooms are designed to preserve the elegance of times past and, at the same time, provide comfort for present-day guests. La Grande Terrazza has retained a charming ancient character due to the original antique furniture. Shimmering terracotta floors, beautiful mirrors with gold-painted baroque frames create a charming atmosphere resonant with history and art. The massive walls, high wood-panelled ceilings, arches, wall friezes and wall frescoes, stuccoes and hand-painted ceilings in some of the rooms enhance the special atmosphere of this ancient house.
The beautiful classical Tuscan garden with hand-carved stone balusters is laid out on the south side of the villa. The large garden is conjointly used with the other guests of the estate. The garden has several outdoor spots on a patio or under the old holm oaks. Rosemary and lavender bushes line the path to the large and elegant pool, which is spectacularly located on a plateau of English lawn and sits high above the valley. Also the pool is conjointly used with the guests of other apartments of the estate. Even when swimming in the pool you can savour the enchanting view of one of the most beautiful Chianti valleys. The panoramic view is magnificent, maybe even unsurpassable. And to add to your pleasure, the park and the pool are romantically lit in the evening. It may sound exaggerated but we want to say it: you can feel the surface of the globe here!
On the ground floor of the villa there is another, small apartment for 4+1 people which can be rented additionally making it a wonderful choice for a group of 10 people occupying the entire villa; further smaller apartments are located in annex buildings, outside the walls of the villa (Villa della Torre / also featured in our portfolio).
What to do in the region?
A family-owned Tuscan restaurant with a nice patio, a small alimentari (corner store) and one of the oldest churches of the region are within walking distance (approx. 800 m). (Bring a torch if you like to walk - as the street to the restaurant is not illuminated). In the proximity of the villa there is a great variety of small trattorias and specialty restaurants - each night you can dine in a new place (we will provide you with tips for this region). 2 km away you can find a grocery shop, a butcher, a pharmacy, post and a nice breakfast bar; a big supermarket, all necessary shops and several restaurants are in Certaldo, 7 km away. La Grande Terrazza is a perfect starting point to explore Tuscany: situated in the heart of Chianti, it is a short drive to Florence and Siena. The villa's location only 7 km from the railway station of Certaldo is a good base to visit Florence and Siena even without a car: You can park your car in Certaldo (free parking behind the railway station) and take the train in both directions. During the week, trains to Florence/Siena and back go regularly (approx. every 1.5 or 2 hours). The train ride takes less than an hour. In Florence the train will take you to the main train station which is right in the centre of Florence - it is just a short walk from the station "Santa Maria Novella" to the Cathedral or the Uffizi. In Siena the railway station is located approx. 3 km from centre, and you have to take a bus to reach the old town on top of the hill. One hour of driving takes you to the sea.
La Grande Terrazza 6+1
An impressive entrance hall (conjointly used) is the first thing you see when stepping into the villa. An imposing staircase made of the silver-greyish Pietra-Serena stone leads to the upper floor. The here offered La Grande Terrazza apartment occupies the entire upper floor of the villa and develops all on one level. The apartment measures more than 240 sqm living space plus a 70 sqm terrace. It is laid out as follows:
- 1 centrally located, exceptionally big drawing room measuring approx. 65 sqm with three windows facing the garden, equipped with sofas, armchairs and a concert grand piano
- 1 double bedroom (can be prepared as twin bedroom) with en suite bathroom (with shower) located in the antique tower with high ceiling; in this section there is also a small kitchenette with table for two people close by the window)
- 1 double bedroom beautifully decorated with wall friezes and wall frescoes and en suite bathroom (with shower) and a small kitchenette (in the corner between the bedroom and bathroom for preparing breakfast or a light meal); in this section there is also a small kitchenette with table for two people close by the window)
- 1 double bedroom (with access to the terrace) and en suite bathroom (with shower)
- 1 kitchen with oven and dishwasher
- 1 dining room (with access to the terrace) with additional bed for a 7th person on request
- The private and panoramic terrace with shadow roof measures 70 sqm and boasts amazing views. Equipped with a table and chairs to seat 6 people, it is a wonderful place for al fresco dining. Furthermore there are 6 sunloungers.
- The pool is conjointly used with the guests of the other apartments.
- Parking inside the property
Weekly rates in €
|La Grande Terrazza||24 Mar 2018 - 26 May 2018
22 Sep 2018 - 27 Oct 2018
|26 May 2018 - 22 Sep 2018
La Grande Terrazza
6+1 PAX 6
|2900 EUR €||3200 EUR €||N/A||Request BookingLa Grande Terrazza|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday.
Availability only during the above mentioned dates.
Pool size: 6 x 14 m / opening dates: April 28th - October 13th.
For bookings with more than 3 children please inquire.
Baby bed available.
Pets not allowed.
Security deposit, heating, air conditioning, aditional bed, final cleaning to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 500.
- Heating if required (electric heating by portable radiators): EUR 50 per day.
- Air conditioning: EUR 200 per week.
- Additional bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 100 per week.
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 50 per week.
- Final cleaning: EUR 190.
- Pool towels if required: EUR 10 per towel.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens, water, electricity, gas, Internet WIFI connection, wine and oil tasting at the winery, pool cleaning service, visitor`s tax all included in the price.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.