40 km south of Florence in direction S. Gimignano.
Charming country house on a large property with beautiful views.
|Prices||€ 4390 - 6490 per weekPrices, Availability & Booking|
An elegant Tuscan farmhouse with glorious views
Casa Monticello is an elegant Tuscan farmhouse with glorious views over the rolling hills of Chianti. Art lovers will be exposed to an illimited choice of interesting excurtions. The location is ideal - between Florence and Siena and close to Certaldo, Montespertoli and San Gimignano, in the very heart of Chianti. One hour of driving takes you to the sandy beaches south of Pisa. Food lovers will no doubt succumb to the sophisticated simplicity of Tuscan cuisine. Trattorias, restaurants and a supermarket can be found in Montespertoli in a 15 minutes drive.
An unpaved road of 1.8 km leads to Casa Monticello through vineyards and olive groves. Although a 4x4 car is not necessary to reach the property, this road is not suitable for low-slung cars. The original building dates back a thousand years and is part of the Borgo di Voltiggiano, a group of about ten properties, including the villa of the owner, which is about 300 meters from Casa Monticello. The two properties are separated by gardens and a high hedge and are not connected, ensuring privacy.
Casa Monticello was recently renovated and is beautifully decorated, with comfort and style in mind. The villa is decorated with beautiful terracotta tiles and beamed ceilings. The 2.5 acre property is entirely fenced. The lawn is bordered with rose bushes, cypress and olive trees. A patio by the pool provides shade as well as sun lounges. Attached to the house are two other patios, one furnished with table and chairs for al fresco dining and the other burnished with comfortable lounge chairs. The salt-water pool has a solar cover to retain the sun's warmth during the night; however, please be aware that this is not a safety cover for children.
The villa's location only 5 km from the railway station of Castelfiorentino is a good base to visit Florence and Siena even without a car: You can park your car in Castelfiorentio and take the train in both directions. During the week, trains to Florence/Siena and back go regularly (approx. every 1.5 or 2 hours). The train ride takes less than an hour. In Florence the train will take you to the main train station which is right in the centre of Florence - it is just a short walk from the station "Santa Maria Novella" to the Cathedral or the Uffizi. In Siena the railway station is located approx. 3 km from centre, and you have to take a bus to reach the old town on top of the hill. Approx. one hour of driving takes you to the sea.
Casa Monticello 8+1
- Entry hall with beautiful mirrors and coat room
- Guest bathroom
- Large double living room (air-conditioned) elegantly furnished with couches and armchairs and a wood stove; large French windows overlook the garden and the two patios
- Gaming table area, with backgammon, chess, checkers, cards and other games, satellite TV, CD, Blue Ray 3D DVD player
- Large modern kitchen with gas range, 2 ovens, microwave, toaster, dishwasher, filter coffee maker, grill, fridge & freezer, juicer
- Laundry area with washing machine for staff only; however, staff will assist guests who want to use the washing machine during working hours
- External massage room acced through the garden
- 1 master bedroom (double bed) with a/c, decorative fireplace, TV, nice view over the pool and garden and the beautiful countryside; large en suite bathroom with oval tub and walk-in closet
- 1 double bedroom (double bed) with a/c, TV; en suite bathroom with shower, view over the countryside
- 1 double bedroom (twin beds) with a/c, TV, view over the countryside; an additional single bed is available (sofa bed); adjacent bathroom (in the hall) with cast-iron tub
- 1 double bedroom (double bed) with a/c; en suite bathroom with shower, view of the Apuane Alps (famous for their marble) and the Apennines on a clear day
- Reading room with decorative fireplace (no a/c) and a good selection of books in English and French
Garden for al fresco dining and salt-water pool (5 x 10 m)
Weekly rates in €
|Casa Monticello||06 Jan 2018 - 31 Mar 2018
29 Sep 2018 - 22 Dec 2018
|31 Mar 2018 - 23 Jun 2018
25 Aug 2918 - 29 Sep 2018
22 Dec 2018 - 05 Jan 2019
|23 Jun 2018 - 25 Aug 2018
8+1 PAX 8
|4390 EUR €||5490 EUR €||6490 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingCasa Monticello|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Book now our special not refundable rate and save 4% on the listed price. If customer pays the full amount upon reservation, he immediately benefits of a 4% discount. In case of cancellation, the entire amount paid will not be refunded.
Please note: This offer is not valid for last minute bookings. Please check with us upon booking.
Wine tasting at the property with sommelier included in the price.
Reservations from Saturday to Saturday.
Pool size: 5 x 10 m / salt-water pool / opening dates: May 12th - September 29th. Pool towels are provided.
For bookings with more than 3 children please inquire.
Baby bed available.
Pets not allowed.
Extra services available only on request, to be specified when booking and to be paid in euros on the premises at the end of each working day:
- Cook service for dinners during your stay.
- Cooking lessons.
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 12 per hour.
- Organization for direct entrance into the museums of Florence.
- Massages upon request in house or garden on request.
- Wine tasting.
- Helicopter transfers and tours on request.
- Hot air ballonn tours on request.
- Special event: sabreur evening on request.
- Green fee discount for Castelfalfi golf club (15 km).
- Transfer services.
Security deposit, utility deposit, electricity exceeding EUR 50, heating, additional bed eventually available on request when booking to be paid in euros on the premises:
- Security deposit: EUR 1000.
- Utility deposit (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 250 per week for heating.
- Electricity, heating (if required): the consumption for the amount of EUR 50 for the first week is included and guests will pay what will exceed this amount. Please note: for 2 weeks or more the bonus is 50 Euros and will not be cumulated week by week.
- Additional bed (to be requested when booking) if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 150 per week.
- Baby bed: EUR 100 per week.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7.00 pm and 9.00 pm at an extra fee: EUR 50.
Included in the price are a standard first dinner & a basic grocery shopping:
- Standard dinner on your first evening, after a long trip: It consists in a dinner that the guests will find ready in the kitchen with the instructions for heating. The menu can fit vegetarian guests too. No changes are possible for the first dinner. Basically it consists in a pasta al forno, a vegetable tarte, salad, and fruit. Bread, water and wine are included.
- Basic grocery shopping: It is a basic shopping for the first breakfast and not a grocery stocking. The quantity of the items will be adjusted by the staff according to the number of guests. The following items are included: milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, fruit, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday, bath towels changed on Wednesday and Saturday, water, electricity up to EUR 50 for the first week, gas, air conditioning, Internet WIFI connection, maid service (2 hours house cleaning per day from Monday to Friday and for rentals longer than a week also on Saturday), final cleaning, pool cleaning service, garden maintenance all included in the price.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Our Guests Reviews
Liebe Frau Röhrig!
Was für wunderbare, sonnige, fröhliche drei Ferienwochen, die wir morgen beenden, wenn wir diesen besonderen Platz in der Toskana wieder verlassen.
Es ist ein besonders schönes, gepflegtes Anwesen und gerade durch die liebenswerte und angenehme, unauffällige Versorgung von Egle und Claudia ist unsere Zeit hier sehr einprägsam und erholsam.
Ein sehr persönlich geführtes und eingerichtetes Haus, in dem wir uns sehr wohl gefühlt haben. Der weite Blick, die Ruhe gleichen die etwas längeren Wege gut aus.
Alle Freunde, die uns hier besucht haben, haben es ebenso empfunden.
Danke für Ihre erneute Hilfe, Beratung und Vermittlung
mit einem herzlichen Gruß
K. Vedder, August 2016