A simple farmhouse
Casa di Duccio is a former farmhouse located in the most coveted region of central Tuscany, halfway Florence and Siena. It belongs to a nearby 18th-century villa (Villa della Torre / also featured in our portfolio).
We find Casa di Duccio is a wonderful place for a family! The house is laid out on two floors and has kept its original atmosfere. Some rooms have antique terracotta floors, others have wooden floors. Beautiful is the fireplace in the living room. Close to the living room there is the kitchen. On the upper floor there are three bedrooms (one of which a walk-through room). Central heating is not provided.
In front of the house there is a gravel forecourt, next to the house there is a terrace with shade roof equipped with a large table where 6 people can join for al fresco dining. Casa di Duccio accomodates 6 people, although 4 people would find it comfortably spacious.
Guests of Casa di Duccio have access to the pool of the nearby villa. To reach the villa, guests have to cross the road situated below the house, and then a path of about 100 m leads to the villa.
The large and elegant pool is spectacularly located on a plateau of English lawn and sits high above the valley. From there you can savour the enchanting view of one of the most beautiful Chianti valleys. The panoramic view is magnificent, maybe even unsurpassable! And to add to your pleasure, the park and the pool of the villa are romantically lit in the evening. It may sound exaggerated but we want to say it: you can feel the surface of the globe there!
Our Guests Reviews
We spent a wonderful week at the Casa Duccio. The Casa is charming and spacious. We enjoyed very much having our meals on the enormous terrace: whether in the early morning, or in the evening enjoying the sunset. The Casa stands by its own, yet a restaurant and a small grocery shop are easy to reach. The lovely pool of the nearby villa can be used. And so are many great places to visit: from Florence to Siena and its surrounding hill towns Certaldo, Menteriggioni, San Gimignano, Colle Val d`Elsa. Perfect for families! We will definitely go back.
F. Chester, September 2018
Beautiful house. My only caution would be there is no air conditioning. We did not need it as we were here in late September and the weather was perfect but in the summer months I would imagine it is not as pleasant.
C. Robertson, September 2017
We spent 2 weeks at Casa Duccio in early June. The house is perfect for a family or two couples. The location is convenient to a couple of small towns for restaurants and grocery shopping. We would definitely recommend la Pizzeria di Fiano. It's only about 5 minutes away by car. You will get the best pizza of the region. The location of this house is very centralized and make day tripping very easy. We brought our GPS with a European map. It took all of the stress out of exploring the Tuscan countryside. I have rented 2 apartments from Hidden Italy. I would recommend them wholeheartedly and will use them again.
S. Gardner, June 2017
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool 6 x 14m / shared pool
- Pool located approx. 150 m distant
- Internet WIFI connection
- Fridge with freezer
- Electric dual hot plate
- Small oven
- Coffee maker
- Electric kettle
- Garden with covered terrace
- Barbecue grill
- Parking is approx. 100 m from the house at the nearby villa, but you can reach the square in front of the house with your car to load and unload your suitcases.
Restaurant 800 m
Fiano (next village) 2 km
Certaldo 7 km
S. Gimignano 17 km
Colle Val d'Elsa 25 km
Florence 40 km
Siena 40 km
Livorno (coast) 90 km
Pisa (coast) 90 km
A family-owned Tuscan restaurant with a nice patio, a small alimentari (corner store) and one of the oldest churches of the region are within walking distance (approx. 800 m). Bring a torch if you like to walk as the street to the restaurant is not illuminated. In the proximity of the villa there is a great variety of small trattorias and specialty restaurants - each night you can dine in a new place.
2 km away you can find a grocery shop, a butcher, a pharmacy, post and a nice breakfast bar; a large supermarket, all necessary shops and several restaurants are in the lovely village of Certaldo, 7 km away.
Casa di Duccio is a perfect starting point to explore Tuscany: situated in the heart of Chianti, it is a short drive to Florence and Siena. The villa's location only 7 km from the railway station of Certaldo is a good base to visit Florence and Siena even without a car: You can park your car in Certaldo (parking next to the railway station) and take the train in both directions. During the week, trains to Florence/Siena and back go regularly (approx. every 1.5 or 2 hours). The train ride takes less than an hour. In Florence the train will take you to the main train station which is right in the centre of Florence - it is just a short walk from the station "Santa Maria Novella" to the Cathedral or the Uffizi. In Siena the railway station is located approx. 3 km from centre, and you have to take a bus to reach the old town on top of the hill. One hour of driving takes you to the sea.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Casa di Duccio
- 1 living room with fireplace
- 1 kitchen with refrigerator, 2 electric plates, mini oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, electric kettle
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 1 double bedroom (can be prepared as a twin bedroom)
- 1 twin bedroom (beds can be joined) with an additional single bed
- 1 single bedroom with pull-out bed (interconnecting room)
- 1 bathroom with shower
- 1 pergola with shadow roof and table for 6 people
- Pool use in a villa approx. 100 m from the house
- Parking approx. 100 m from the house at the villa
Weekly rates in €
|Casa di Duccio||23 May 2020 - 26 Sep 2020
Casa di Duccio
6+1 PAX 6
|1790 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingCasa di Duccio|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Special price for groups up to 4 people: EUR 1440 high season. If rented for this reduced price only 2 bedrooms are available.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens
- Internet WIFI connection
- Wine and oil tasting at the owner's winery
- Pool cleaning
- Tourist tax
- Wood for fireplace: please check price on the premises.
- Additional bed if maximum capacity PAX 6 is exceeded: EUR 100 per week for the 7th person
- Baby bed if maximum capacity PAX is exceeded: EUR 50 per week
- Final cleaning: EUR 90
- Pool towels (if requested): EUR 10 per towel
- Pet allowed: EUR 50 domestic pet supplement (dog is not allowed in the park or pool area of the villa).
EUR 150 cash deposit are due on arrival.
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates
- Pool opening dates: April 25th - October 17th