In a wonderful setting with private lake access
Villa Candida is located in the most coveted part of Lake Como: set on the shore of Lake Como, between the famous Villa d´Este hotel in Cernobbio and George Clooney´s residence in Laglio. This historical villa overlooks directly the lake, offers lake access, a private mooring, a private pool, and easy access to a village. Its convenient location, just a few kilometres from Cernobbio and only 7 km (4,35 miles) from the centre of Como, as well as easy access to public transportation (bus stop is 150 metres from the villa and the ferry pier is 400 metres distant), makes Villa Candida an ideal destination for touring Lake Como. From the villa's private dock, you can use a rental boat or the comfortable water-taxis to visit the famous Villa d´Este as well as the charming lake villages Menaggio, Bellagio and Tremezzo. Restaurants and shops are in walking distance. An 18-hole golf course is just 3 km away.
A panoramic terrace overlooks the lake, with stunning views and privacy for sunbathing. A private pool is located in the garden. Lake access for swimming is also available. The lake road runs behind the villa and is a smaller road with no trucks. All of the bedrooms, living room and dining room face the lake, minimizing any noise. The villa's interiors are elegant and comfortable, featuring original marble mosaic flooring, high ceilings and lovely Murano glass chandeliers.
Our Guests Reviews
Just writing to let you know that we had a wonderful time at Villa Candida.
Both the villa and holiday were everything we hoped for and more!
All good wishes and thanks again,
H. Marcus, June 2018
Reviewed by: Utewilky from
Reviewed on: 05/29/2017 for their stay in 05/2017
We came with 3 generations and one dog and we all enjoyed it very much. We got a very warm welcome. The place is a dream wich leaves no wishes unfulfilled. Even organising a boot st very short notice was no problem. We can highly recommend this beautiful villa with the gorgeous garden.
Left on Jul 22, 2016 for a stay in Jun 2016
Six of us (my husband, 2 adult children and their spouses/partners) stayed at Villa Candida in late June / early July 2016. All of us loved the villa and Lake Como. The villa is right on the water with beautiful views of Lake Como. The interior space (2 living rooms, very large well-equipped kitchen, large bedrooms, billiard room, terrazzo floors, very high ceilings, billiard room, inside and outside dining areas) is wonderful, meticulously cared for, and evocative of an earlier aristocratic time. The gardens are beautiful, extensive, and very well-maintained. The pool is great. The property manager is super helpful, and suggested several outings & restaurants that all of us enjoyed. There is much to do in the area, and many excellent restaurants. I have already recommended the property to friends. It is fantastic!
“Elegant lakefront villa with pool and stunning views just 7 km from Como!”
Paradise on Lake Como
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
The house and the location on lake Como are much better than the photos. The photos can not capture the amazing views or the scale of the rooms, gardens, dock & swimming pool. The sun shines on the patio and pool all day long which really helps when you stay in November as we did.
The house is equipped with everything you could want for a great holiday. Stefano & the owners made us feel very welcome on arrival. Their wonderful hospitality extended as far as prosecco & home cooked food on arrival. We really enjoyed our stay & were very sorry to leave.
Thank you so much for a fantastic holiday!
Courtman, November 2015
Our best vacation for years.
Left on Oct 4, 2011 for a stay in Aug 2011
On arrival the key holder was present and explained everything in the house. He had brought some food for dinner, so that we had not to find a super market first thing on arrival, which was great. House was cleaned on a regular basis as needed and the garden was maintained occasionally. Staff was reliable and we could arrange timing to our requirements. The villa was just great. At peak time we were with 9 persons, which fitted perfectly. The garden was the centre of our stay, so we seldom felt the need to go elsewhere. Providing food in the kitchen with several people was great fun, as the kitchen was meant for external staff, so enough room is there to work together. Even people that usually do not like to cook happily participated in the kitchen work. All rooms are different in style, but all very nice. We only had one day of poor wheather, but had no problems to stay in the house. The garden has direct access to the lake and enough lakeside to spend time their as on the beach. As we had young people with us, the pool table, table tennis, sauna, internet and other recreational things were very helpful. The house is situated side by side with other villas but not part of a village, which we found quiet nice. The lake was clean and the water temperature allowed all kind of water sports without limitations. Our favorite was the garden area and the kitchen. Our only problem were some aggressive mosquitoes in the garden, so we had to use anti mosquito spray constantly.
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 4 x 10m
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms and the living rooms
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Washing machine
- Fridge with freezer
- Ice maker
- 5 burner stove
- Espresso machine
- Hair dryers
- Billiard table
- Fitness room
- Barbecue grill
- Ping pong table
- Lake access
- Private dock
- Parking for 3 cars
Bus stop 150 m (to Como and Menaggio)
Restaurant, bar, grocery shop 400 m
Ferry 400 m (to Como, Tremezzo, Menaggio, Bellagio, Varenna)
Villa d´Este hotel 1.5
Motorway 2 km
Cernobbio 3 km
Como 7 km
Tremezzo 21 km
Bellaggio 22 km + 15 min ferry
Lugano 25 km
Menaggio 26 km
Milan 50 km
Regattas with the Cannottieri Moltrasio Yacht Club
Hiking: marked paths leading to the top of Mount Bisbino
9 Golf courses within 50 km:
Golf Club Carimate
Golf Club Menaggio & Cadenabbia
Golf Club Lanzo
Golf Club Ponticello
La Pinetina Golf Club
Golf Club le Robinie
Golf Club Villa d'Este
Green Club Lainate
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Mid floor (first floor):
- Spacious living room with French doors opening to the panoramic terrace with views of the lake and the mountains
- Second AC living room with period furniture, satellite plasma TV and stereo
- Loggia with billiard table opening onto a large terrace with outside furnishing
- 1 AC double bedroom with garden view (this room is available at extra charge)
- 1 bathroom with shower, sink and WC
Garden level floor (ground floor):
- Spacious, well-equipped kitchen
- Bright dining room with lake view, decorative fireplace and access to the garden
- Fitness/game room with shower
- 1 AC double/twin bedroom with bathroom with shower and sink inside the bedroom (If this bedroom is set up as a twin bedroom, access to the beds is not convenient as the room is small)
- 1 bathroom with sink, bidet and WC
- Laundry room and stairs to the upper floors
- 1 AC master bedroom with terrace, lake view, dressing room; en suite bathroom with shower
- 1 AC double bedroom with lake view
- 1 AC double/twin bedroom
- 1 bathroom with shower
- Private pool (10 x 4 m)
- Large garden with BBQ, ping-pong table
- Large terrace with panoramic lake view
- Private dock
- Parking for 2 cars inside the property
31 Aug 2019 - 26 Oct 2019
7950 EUR €
8450 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Villa Candida||20 Apr 2019 - 29 Jun 2019
31 Aug 2019 - 26 Oct 2019
|29 Jun 2019 - 31 Aug 2019
8+2 PAX 8
|7950 EUR €||8450 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingVilla Candida|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed on Saturday
- Bath towels changed on Wednesday and Saturday
- Pool towels
- Electricity up to EUR 50 per week
- Internet WIFI connection
- Maid service (3 hours house cleaning on Monday, Wednesday and for rentals longer than one week on Saturday)
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Welcome basket: Fruits and Prosecco, milk, coffee, tea, bread, biscuits, sugar, salt, water, eggs, oil, butter, jam, orange juice, cereals.
- Utility deposit (unused portion of the utility deposit will be refunded in cash on departure): EUR 350 per week for air conditioning or heating.
- Electricity, heating or air conditioning (if required): the consumption for the amount of EUR 50 per week is included. Guests pay for usage in excess of EUR 50.
- Telephone: metered
- Additional double bedroom available on the ground floor (for one or two adults): EUR 600 per week
- Baby bed if maximun capacity PAX 8 is exceeded: EUR 250 per week
- Final cleaning: EUR 300 for one week; EUR 450 for two weeks
- Pets allowed only on special request when booking and according to the owners approval: EUR 70 domestic pet supplement per week. If you plan to bring your dog, please send us the completed and signed form Declaration of Accepting Responsibility for Your Pet together with your booking form.
EUR 1500 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Cook service for dinners during your stay
- Extra domestic help (house cleaning): EUR 15 per hour
- Laundry service
- Transfer service
- Reservations from Saturday to Saturday
- Availability only during the above mentioned dates
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Pool opening dates: April 20th - October 26th
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
Historic 19th-century villa on the shore close to the legendary Hotel Villa d'Este
- Sleeps 8+1 Guests
- Bedrooms 4 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 3+1 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 400 m2 m2