One of the most spectacular lakefront villas on Lake Como
Como Nobile is one of the most spectacular lakefront villas on Lake Como. A 5 star property that sits on the lake shore, surrounded by a 7 acres of beautiful and formal gardens. It enjoys a lovely marina with its own private dock and lies in walking distance of a small village. The legendary Hotel Villa d'Este is 1.5 miles down the road.
Numerous musicians, artists, writers and statesmen including Napoleon Buonaparte and Winston Churchill have visited the villa over the centuries. It’s most famous long term visitor was Vincenzo Bellini who lived here from 1829-1833 when writing his most famous operas Norma and Sonnambula.
Como Nobile is a perfect example of 18th century architecture, known for its elegance and balance. Built in the 1700’s, the Swiss architect Felice Soave designed the house to have a simple symmetrical facade with a richly elaborate interior. The ceilings in the public rooms as well as the bedrooms are ornately decorated and painted by Andrea Appiani. The floors are a beautiful mixture of terracotta and dark antique wood. The Villa's formal rooms have been decorated with exquisite antiques as well as paintings, sculptures, rugs, tapestries and Venetian chandeliers and have French windows opening onto the magnificent lake and mountain views.
On the ground floor are a number of casual living rooms and a cosy bar with large fireplace that can be turned into an in house cinema. All the bedrooms lie on the upper floor. They have high and carved ceilings, antique floors and large bathrooms. The rooms are furnished with precious antiques and art. The bathrooms don't stand behind, some of them have Philippe Starck designed wash basins, bathtubs and WCs while others have antique French and English trough bathtubs and ornate wash basins.
The gardens are some of Lake Como's finest. There is an ornate Tuscan garden, olive tree grove, fruit orchard, kitchen garden, rose garden, cutting garden and a spectacular terrace with swimming pool. The villa and its park, as most mansions on Lake Como, is separated from the lake by a country road which runs along the shore. Accross this road, on the shore, is a private dock with stone steps leading to the water. Upon request and at an additional charge it is possible to rent a boat which can be moored at the villa dock.
For larger groups a 6 bedroom villa, located in a separate area of the park and completely independent from the main villa, is available on request.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- 7 hectare waterfront park with manicured lawns, flower beds, olive trees, palm trees and other exotic species
- Swimming pool 14 x 7m with views over the lake
- Pool heating upon request at an additional charge
- Expansive terrace with parasols and designer sun loungers
- Outdoor kitchen with Pizza oven, BBQ and ice-maker
- Large gazebos offering areas to relax
- Pergolas, patios and roofed areas for outdoor dining and lounging
- Full size bocce court
- Terrace is filled with lemon and olive trees
- Gardens considered to be the most beautiful on Lake Como with fountains to add freshness and sound to hot summer afternoons
- Cutting and rose gardens
- Children’s play area with wooden slide, swing set and climbing rope
- Private dock with stone steps leading to the water lined in the local Moltrasio stone
- Upon request and at an additional charge possibility to rent a boat which can be moored at the dock of the villa
- Internet WIFI connection
- 4 large flatscreen TV’s and DVD player
- Sonos Hi-Fi System
- Restored antique Bluethner piano that once sat in the Leipzig Concert Hall
- Laptop available
- Snooker table
- Large home cinema and sound system
- Fitness equipment
- Jacuzzi tub in the Bellini suite
- Sauna and steam shower in Suite Sant'Agata
- Finest Italian cotton sheets
- Highest quality goose down pillows and comforters
- Bathrooms have complete sets of high quality extra thick towels, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, bath set with soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion
- Subzero refrigerators
- Wine coolers
- Viking and Gaggeneau ovens
Restaurant, bar, shops, bus stop 800 m
Cernobbio 3 km
Como 12 km
Tremezzo 21 km
Bellaggio 22 km + 15 min ferry
Menaggio 26 km
Milan 60 km
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
If rented for 10 people
Layout description with all bedrooms, if the villa is rented for up to 25 persons. Please note that some bedrooms will be closed if the villa is rented for 10 persons only. Please enquire with us.
- Large entry room with marble stair
- Formal large frescoed dining room
- Tuscan family dining room with TV
- Drawing room
- Two kitchens each with large refrigerators and BBQ
- Billiard room
- Cinema room
- Wine room
- Study room with telephone, fax, Internet access and computer facilities, satellite TV
- Bathroom with marble bathtub
- Two guest bathrooms
FIRST FLOOR (5 bedrooms)
- Fitness room
- Spectacular music room (with piano) where Bellini wrote his most famous operas - Sonnambula and Norma
- The first suite (Laura 2 pax) has a 180 cm bed, a marble fireplace, views of Lake Como, and a bathroom with a shower and separate tub with a handheld shower. Suite Laura is 1418 square feet and is the most spectacular suite in the Villa. It is positioned at the corner of the Villa with magnificent views of the lake to the north and the south. The entire suite is wood paneled and painted decoratively reflecting the Villa’s eighteenth century origins. In the bedroom is a large grey marble fireplace that is original to the Villa. The bedroom is 612 square feet and the bathroom is 648 square feet. For the Signora is a delicate powder room of 158 square feet.
- The second suite (della Nonna 2 pax) has a sitting room, a bedroom with 180 cm bed, views of the lake and swimming pool, and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower. Suite della Nonna faces the lake, with beautiful views of the lake and the swimming pool. This suite is 1026 square feet. The bedroom is 432 square feet. It has beautifully restored wooden floors, Zoffany wallpaper and important paintings and antiques. This suite has a beautiful and separate sitting room of 378 square feet and lovely bathroom of 216 square feet with antique Rotterdam WC and steel English bathtub.
- The third suite (Camilla 2 pax) has a bedroom with a 180 cm bed and a bathroom with a shower and separate tub. Suite Camilla has beautiful views of the mountains and of Moltrasio. Suite Camilla measures 943 square feet and contains a large bedroom of 643 square feet and a bathroom of 300 square feet. The bedroom has antique wooden floors and is decorated in Colefax and Fowler wallpaper. There is a four poster matrimonial bed in this bedroom with beautiful English and Italian antiques. The bathroom has a steel and porcelain antique English bathtub and skeleton shower encased in crystal glass.
- The fourth suite (Suite Abigail and Isabella 4 pax) has 2 bedrooms, one with queen sized bed, and one bedroom with 2 twin beds. Shared bathroom with bathtub.
SECOND FLOOR (9 bedrooms)
- The first suite (Bisbino 3 pax) has two bedrooms and one bathroom with a tub. The first bedroom has a 180 cm bed and the second bedroom has a 90 cm bed. Suite Bisbino contains one large bedroom, one smaller bedroom, and a bathroom totalling 869 square feet. Suite Bisbino faces the mountains and the village and has a double four poster bed, Zoffany wallpaper and a bathroom with a beautiful steel-covered antique English bathtub. The second bedroom, for one person, contains a decorative, original antique fireplace and ornate ceiling.
- The second suite (Sant'Agata 6 pax) has one sitting room, four bedrooms, a sauna, and one bathroom with a shower and separate tub with a handheld shower. The first bedroom has a 2 twin beds 90 cm each, the second bedroom has a 90 cm bed, and the third bedroom has a 90 cm bed. Suite Sant’ Agata is a beautiful suite with one sitting room, two large bedrooms, two smaller bedrooms, a sauna for two and a bathroom with a steam shower for a total of 2,592 square feet. The suite features beautifully carved ceilings of musical instruments. The lovely views are of the lake and swimming pool. The sauna and bathroom contain a beautiful fireplace, antique English bathtub and a steam shower. This suite is the envy of the Villa.
- The third suite (Bellini 2 pax) has views of Lake Como, a 180 cm bed and a bathroom with a shower and Jacuzzi tub. Suite Bellini is nicely situated in the corner of the second floor. The suite contains a large bedroom and bathroom totalling 1,224 square feet. The bedroom enjoys enviable views of the lake to the north and the south and totals 576 square feet. The bedroom is exceptional with an ornately painted wrought iron queen sized bed. Like the other suites, Suite Bellini is filled with antiques and beautiful art. The bathroom is fit for a king and queen and totals 648 square feet. It features Lombardy cotta floors, Siena marble tops, a shower and a large jacuzzi bathtub.
- The fourth suite (Norma 2 pax) has a queen sized bed and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower. Suite Norma, like the other lake-facing bedrooms, has stunning views and beautifully decorated ceilings and doors. The Suite is 837 square feet and has a matrimonial antique brass bed with Lombardy cotta floors. The suite’s bathroom is outfitted with Philip Starck bathtub, washbasin and toilet.
- The fifth suite (Sonnanbula 2 pax) has a sitting room with a desk, fireplace, and views of the mountains, one bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower. The bedroom has a 180 cm bed. Suite Sonnambula has a large bedroom and equally large sitting room that face the mountains and the village of Moltrasio. Together with the bathroom, this suite totals 1,578 square feet. The sitting room has a marble fireplace and antique writing desk. The bedroom has a beautiful antique Pugliese matrimonial bed and rich antique furniture. The bathroom is 444 square feet and contains Philip Starck designer bathtub, washbasin, and toilet. The bathroom features fabulous views of Lake Como.
Weekly rates in €
|Como Nobile||01 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019
If rented for 10 people
10-25 PAX 10
|42800 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingIf rented for 10 people|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Please note: The above mentioned rates are based on an occupancy up to 10 persons. For larger groups rates are according to number of guests, from a minimim of 10 to a maximum of 25. Please enquire with us if you are more than 10 and less than 25 people. Each extra guest if more than 10 persons:
EUR 2.500 per adult/week
EUR 1.200 per child between 4 and younger than 17 years/week
Children less than 4 years free of charge
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed every third day
- Air conditioning
- Internet WIFI connection
- Daily maid service (except on Sundays)
- Concierge 8 hours a day
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
Telephone: only local calls possible.
EUR 3000 cash deposit are due on arrival.
- Additional maid service
- Cooking services
- Long distance phone
- Boat tours
- Reservations are not limited to rental periods from Saturday to Saturday. Minimum 7 days.
- Pool opening dates: June 1st - September 30th
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
- Please note: the owner has requested that you sign a special contract, please ask for this document when booking.