One of the most spectacular lakefront villas on Lake Como
Como Nobile is one of the most spectacular lakefront villas on Lake Como. A 5 star property that sits on the lake shore, surrounded by a 7 acres of beautiful and formal gardens. It enjoys a lovely marina with its own private dock and lies in walking distance of a small village. The legendary Hotel Villa d'Este is 1.5 miles down the road.
Numerous musicians, artists, writers and statesmen including Napoleon Buonaparte and Winston Churchill have visited the villa over the centuries. It’s most famous long term visitor was Vincenzo Bellini who lived here from 1829-1833 when writing his most famous operas Norma and Sonnambula.
Como Nobile is a perfect example of 18th century architecture, known for its elegance and balance. Built in the 1700’s, the Swiss architect Felice Soave designed the house to have a simple symmetrical facade with a richly elaborate interior. The ceilings in the public rooms as well as the bedrooms are ornately decorated and painted by Andrea Appiani. The floors are a beautiful mixture of terracotta and dark antique wood. The Villa's formal rooms have been decorated with exquisite antiques as well as paintings, sculptures, rugs, tapestries and Venetian chandeliers and have French windows opening onto the magnificent lake and mountain views.
On the ground floor are a number of casual living rooms and a cosy bar with large fireplace that can be turned into an in house cinema. All the bedrooms lie on the upper floor. They have high and carved ceilings, antique floors and large bathrooms. The rooms are furnished with precious antiques and art. The bathrooms don't stand behind, some of them have Philippe Starck designed wash basins, bathtubs and WCs while others have antique French and English trough bathtubs and ornate wash basins.
Perfect for large parties, the property is surrounded by spectacular Italian-style gardens. The gardens are some of Lake Como's finest. There is an ornate Tuscan garden, olive tree grove, fruit orchard, kitchen garden, rose garden, cutting garden and a spectacular terrace with swimming pool with unobstructed views of the lake.
The villa and its park, as most mansions on Lake Como, is separated from the lake by a country road which runs along the shore. Accross this road, on the shore, is a private dock with stone steps leading to the water. Upon request and at an additional charge it is possible to rent a boat which can be moored at the villa dock.
The estate is made up of a main villa (Como Nobile), 2.780 sqm in size (sleeps 18) and a guest house (Bella Dependance), 250 sqm in size (sleeps 8), located in a separated area and completely independent from the main villa, bringing the total capacity of the property to 26 guests. The entire property was painstakingly restored and renovated in 2002 with detailed attention given to every room and feature.
Our Guests Reviews
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- 7 hectare waterfront park with manicured lawns, flower beds, olive trees, palm trees and other exotic species
- Swimming pool 14 x 7m with views over the lake / heated pool
- Pool heating upon request at an additional charge
- Expansive terrace with parasols and designer sun loungers
- Outdoor kitchen with Pizza oven, BBQ and ice-maker
- Large gazebos offering areas to relax
- Pergolas, patios and roofed areas for outdoor dining and lounging
- Full size bocce court
- Terrace is filled with lemon and olive trees
- Gardens considered to be the most beautiful on Lake Como with fountains to add freshness and sound to hot summer afternoons
- Cutting and rose gardens
- Children’s play area with wooden slide, swing set and climbing rope
- Private dock with stone steps leading to the water lined in the local Moltrasio stone
- Upon request and at an additional charge possibility to rent a boat which can be moored at the dock of the villa
- Internet WIFI connection
- 4 large flatscreen TV’s and DVD player
- Sonos Hi-Fi System
- Restored antique Bluethner piano that once sat in the Leipzig Concert Hall
- Laptop available
- Snooker table
- Large home cinema and sound system
- Fitness equipment
- Jacuzzi tub in the Bellini suite
- Sauna and steam shower in Suite Sant'Agata
- Finest Italian cotton sheets
- Highest quality goose down pillows and comforters
- Bathrooms have complete sets of high quality extra thick towels, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, bath set with soap, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion
- Subzero refrigerators
- Wine coolers
- Viking and Gaggeneau ovens
Restaurant, bar, shops, bus stop 800 m
Cernobbio 3 km
Como 12 km
Tremezzo 21 km
Bellaggio 22 km + 15 min ferry
Menaggio 26 km
Milan 60 km
Many small towns and villages surround Lake Como. They are quaint and beautiful and it’s worthwhile exploring them. If you spend the mornings on the west side and the afternoons on the east side of the lake, you will always stay in the sun.
Steamers, boats, car ferries and buses serve all the main towns on Lake Como. A ferry around the heart of Lake Como (between the key towns of Bellagio, Varenna, Menaggio and Cadenabbia) is a must. The most popular of the stops remains Bellagio.
Bellagio - known as the pearl of the lake is a beautiful little town in a picture-perfect location on the promontory where Lake Como separates into two branches. The town is historic and charming, with a waterfront promenades, stately hotels and two gardens open to the public: Villa Serbelloni and Villa Melzi. Bellagio's tourist information offices are by the ferry jetty and in Piazza della Chiesa.
Menaggio is located on the western shore of Lake Como, and has small stretches of shingle beach. From Menaggio you can travel to Lake Lugano or embark on mountain hikes. The town is a useful base for exploring Lake Como; with good bus and ferry connections.
The fishing village of Varenna has picturesque narrow alleyways and streets below a castle and a lakeside walking path. Varenna is a peaceful resort, smaller than Bellagio and also very beautiful. You can admire views from the Castello di Vezio or simply relax by the lakeside.
In Tremezzo visit Villa Carlotta - a villa and botanical garden. The villa is today a museum, whose art collection includes works by Canova, Thorvaldsen, Migliara and Hayez in addition to pieces of furniture from the time of the various owners.
The walled town of Como is a lively and pleasant town with an appealing historical centre and a scenic location at the southern end of the east branch of Lake Como. The impressive cathedral (Duomo), like most in Italy, was built and added to over a period of centuries, so you can admire Gothic and Renaissance features including some fine tapestries and paintings. The town's earlier cathedral (built in the tenth century), San Fedele, is another fine sight, as are the tall nine-hundred-year-old gateway, Porta Vittoria, and the Romanesque church Sant'Abbondio. The town's art gallery (Pinacoteca) is also worth a visit. For a short trip out of town, take the funicular up to the top of the hill above Como, where you can enjoy spectacular views.
Lake Como and the region is a shopper’s paradise. Around Como there are many small shops and boutiques, and in the larger towns you will find a great range of boutiques, designer stores and department stores. Wherever you are you are never far from great shopping.
Como is an interesting place to shop because of its local flavor. There are very elegant stores in Como that cannot be found anywhere else in the world. Some of the world’s greatest designers are found in Como. Perhaps the nicest discount silk store (Mantero VIII) is found on the outskirts of Como.
Como is only a few minutes' drive from the Swiss border and from Lake Lugano. Cross the border into Switzerland and visit Foxtown Factory Stores, a temple of luxury and elegance with 3 km of shop windows, where 160 stores. The world famous mall that has every imaginable brand name store (Armani, Gucci, Prada, Loro Piano, Yves St. Laurent, Ferragamo, Versace, Missoni, Bally, Bruno Magli, Dolce and Gabbana, Cerrutti……to literally name only a few) at discounted prices. The mall sells last year’s fashions at prices that seem a third of what can be found in Milan.
Then of course there is Milan. Milan is a short train-ride away for those in search of some city life. Milan has been crowned the fashion capital of the world thanks to designers such as Versace, Prada and Armani. Via Monte Napoleone and Via della Spiga with its designer showrooms and boutiques are two of the most elegant, if expensive, shopping streets in Europe. Milan also has sections of town dedicated to antiques, art and house supplies.
In Milan is to see Leonardo Da Vinci’s The Last Supper. In the heart of Milan is the rose-colored marble Gothic Duomo. Not far from the Duomo is the world’s most famous opera house - La Scala. Throughout the city are symbols of Milan’s illustrious past including the 16 Corinthian-style columns from early Roman settlements. These are placed just outside the 4th century Basilica di San Lorenzo. Also impressive is the Sforza Castle and Museum of Ancient Art. St. Ambrose’s Basilica and Museum is interesting as the Basilica was founded in the 4th century by the Bishop Ambrose who baptized St. Augustine here.
Lake Como boasts some of the very finest Italian cuisine, and is home to a number of world-class restaurants. Check out the back streets and old lakeside towns to find some of the less well known but excellent restaurants.
Lake Como boat hire is possibly the finest way to experience the Lake in its full splendour. One has not seen Lake Como if it hasn’t been experienced from the water. There are numerous touring companies that can take large or small groups for tours of the lake which can include a refreshing swim in the lake. A wonderful day is to take the morning to explore the lake by boat. Stop for a long lunch at the Locanda dell’ Isola Comacina and return to the Villa by late afternoon.
Outdoor Activities: biking, mountain biking, hiking, boating, paragliding and windsurfing.
There are numerous hikes and walking trails in and around Lake Como. Around the lake, through the woodlands and up through the hills and mountains offer an enormous variety of hiking possibilities, from easy walks for families to the more difficult for skilled hikers.
For water sports lovers it is possible to spend entire days sailing or kayaking, windsurfing and motor boating, water skiing and canoeing, wakeboarding and kitesurfing. In Como there is even a hydroplane piloting school.
Experience regattas with the Cannottieri Moltrasio Yacht Club.
Lake Como can also be dicovered by bicycle. Scenic roads, and alternative routes to those followed by the main traffic and some real cycle paths offer the visitor an alternative way of visiting various parts of the lake.
Lake Como has also several golf courses which can be easily reached by car. 8 Golf courses are within 50 km from the villa: Golf Club Carimate, Golf Club Menaggio & Cadenabbia, Golf Club Lanzo, Golf Club Ponticello, La Pinetina Golf Club, Golf Club le Robinie, Golf Club Villa d'Este, Green Club Lainate.
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
Main Villa for 18 people
Sleeps up to 18 persons in 9 Luxury Suites:
- Large entry room with marble stair
- Formal large frescoed dining room
- Tuscan family dining room with TV
- Drawing room
- Two kitchens each with large refrigerators and BBQ
- Billiard room
- Cinema room
- Wine room
- Study room with telephone, fax, Internet access and computer facilities, satellite TV
- Bathroom with marble bathtub
- Two guest bathrooms
- Fitness room
- Spectacular music room (with piano) where Bellini wrote his most famous operas - Sonnambula and Norma
- The first suite (Suite Laura 2 pax) has a twin or double bed, a marble fireplace, views of Lake Como, and a bathroom with a shower and separate tub with a handheld shower.
Suite Laura is 1418 square feet and is the most spectacular suite in the Villa. It is positioned at the corner of the Villa with magnificent views of the lake to the north and the south. The entire suite is wood paneled and painted decoratively reflecting the Villa’s eighteenth-century origins. In the bedroom is a large grey marble fireplace that is original to the Villa. The bedroom is 612 square feet and the bathroom is 648 square feet. For the Signora is a delicate powder room of 158 square feet.
- The second suite (Suite della Nonna 2 pax) has a sitting room, twin or double bed, views of the lake and swimming pool, and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower.
Suite della Nonna faces the lake, with beautiful views of the lake and the swimming pool. This suite is 1026 square feet. The bedroom is 432 square feet. It has beautifully restored wooden floors, Zoffany wallpaper and important paintings and antiques. This suite has a beautiful and separate sitting room of 378 square feet and lovely bathroom of 216 square feet with antique Rotterdam WC and steel English bathtub.
- The third suite (Suite Camilla 2 pax) has a twin or double bed and a bathroom in the corridor with a shower only.
Suite Camilla has beautiful views of the mountains and of Moltrasio. Suite Camilla measures 943 square feet and contains a large bedroom of 643 square feet and a bathroom of 300 square feet. The bedroom has antique wooden floors and is decorated in Colefax and Fowler wallpaper. There is a twin or double bed with beautiful English and Italian antiques.
- The fourth suite (Suite delle Bambine 2 pax) has a twin or double bed and a bathroom with bath only.
- The first suite (Suite Bisbino 2 pax) has a twin or double bed, bathroom with bath tub only.
Suite Bisbino faces the mountains and the village and has Zoffany wallpaper and a bathroom with a beautiful steel-covered antique English bathtub.
- The second suite (Suite Sant'Agata 2 pax) has a twin or double bed, and a bathroom in the corridor with shower only. The suite features beautifully carved ceilings of musical instruments. The lovely views are of the lake and swimming pool.
- The third suite (Suite Bellini 2 pax) has views of Lake Como, twin or double bed and a bathroom with a shower and Jacuzzi tub.
Suite Bellini is nicely situated in the corner of the second floor. The suite contains a large bedroom and bathroom totalling 1,224 square feet. The bedroom enjoys enviable views of the lake to the north and the south and totals 576 square feet. Like the other suites, Suite Bellini is filled with antiques and beautiful art. The bathroom is fit for a king and queen and totals 648 square feet. It features Lombardy cotta floors, Siena marble tops, a shower and a large jacuzzi bathtub.
- The fourth suite (Suite Norma 2 pax) has a twin or double bed and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower.
Suite Norma, like the other lake-facing bedrooms, has stunning views and beautifully decorated ceilings and doors. The Suite is 837 square feet and has a twin or double bed with Lombardy cotta floors. The suite’s bathroom is outfitted with Philip Starck bathtub, washbasin and toilet.
- The fifth suite (Suite Sonnanbula 2 pax) has a sitting room with a desk, fireplace, and views of the mountains, a twin or double bedroom, and a bathroom with a tub with a handheld shower.
Suite Sonnambula has a large bedroom and equally large sitting room that face the mountains and the village of Moltrasio. Together with the bathroom, this suite totals 1,578 square feet. The sitting room has a marble fireplace and antique writing desk. The bedroom has a beautiful antique Pugliese bed and rich antique furniture. The bathroom is 444 square feet and contains Philip Starck designer bathtub, washbasin, and toilet. The bathroom features fabulous views of Lake Como.
06 Oct 2019 - 31 Oct 2019
61600 EUR €
92400 EUR €
Main Villa + Bella Dependance for 26 people
As above plus the guest house Bella Dependance (also featured in our portfolio).
06 Oct 2019 - 31 Oct 2019
77000 EUR €
107800 EUR €
Weekly rates in €
|Como Nobile||01 Mar 2019 - 03 May 2019
06 Oct 2019 - 31 Oct 2019
|03 May 2019 - 06 Oct 2019
Main Villa for 18 people
18 PAX 18
|61600 EUR €||92400 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingMain Villa for 18 people|
Main Villa + Bella Dependance for 26 people
26 PAX 26
|77000 EUR €||107800 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingMain Villa + Bella Dependance for 26 people|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
Shorter stays are welcome (3 days minimum).
The estate can be occupied by a maximum of 26 adults plus 10 kids (up to 12 years old). The extra beds (or cribs), if needed, cannot be added in all the bedrooms (please enquire). Prices for extra beds on request.
- Exclusive use of the Villa and its outdoor facilities and terraced garden with swimming pool
- Daily breakfast
- 24-hour butler service
- Daily housekeeping service (including turndown)
- Private chef at full disposal
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
- Heating in all the common areas and rooms
- High speed Internet WIFI connection
- Private dock
- Spa treatments
- Any additional service, not previously agreed and when available
- Extra beds for kids: please enquire for prices upon booking.
- Public rate does not include city tax of 5 Eur per person per day (from April 1 to October 31). This tax is at guest’s total charge and has to be paid locally at check out.
The Client shall be liable for any damages that may be caused to the building, garden, furniture, furnishings of the spaces of the villa to which the group have access to. The Villa Manager will process a pre-authorisation for 20% of the entire booking amount on the client’s credit card at the time of check-in. The pre-authorization will serve as security deposit against any damage caused by the Clients to the interior or exterior of the villa. The pre-authorized amount will be released immediately after check-out in case no damage is caused to the Villa (the Villa Manager will personally check along with the Client all areas before departure).
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Boat tours
- Reservations are not limited to rental periods from Saturday to Saturday. Minimum 3 days.
- PLEASE NOTE: For this property the check-in is possible at 3pm, check-out time is 12pm/noon. Early check-in/late check-out will be accommodated on a best effort basis.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- For security reasons, any invitation to external guests needs to be communicated in advance to the villa manager and approved by him.
- Any activity organized by the guests of the villa, beyond the regular Bed & Breakfast stay, must be agreed in advance with the villa manager and approved by him.
- Please note: the owner has requested that you sign a special contract, please ask for this document when booking.