Wonderful lake views & historical gardens
Bella Dépendance is an independant house and sits atop Lake Como. The house was designed to take advantage of one of the most wonderful views in the world. Made of Moltrasio stone and wood, the house is laid out on two floors. The gardens of Bella Dépandance are set on two levels, and leaning over the garden balustrade you will enjoy amazing views of the lake. The name reveals that it is "only" the dependance/guesthouse of a much larger villa (not offered here) which is located on another spot of the large property. Although the main villa and the guesthouse are located on the same grounds, they are fully detached.
The guests of Bella Dépendance are welcome to enjoy the extensive and wonderfully designed Italian gardens of the property. The gardens are considered some of the most historic and beautiful on Lake Como. The large swimming pool, shared with the owner who lives in the main villa, has unobstructed views of Lake Como. A 12th-century belltower overlooks the pool, and the spectacular pool terrace is filled with lemon and olive trees. There is also beautiful 200 year-old greenhouse on the terrace, as well as a fountain (one of 11 on the property) that can be illuminated at night.
For those who prefer swimming in the lake, the property has its own swimming dock, encased in antique stone and filled with roses, jasmine, and oleander. Two boats are available for rent (a 32' mahoghany hand-crafted boat ideal for long lake cruises, and a 19' boat for water skiing, fishing, and village hopping). Bicycles and tennis rackets are also available.
This historical property was once the residence of a famous Italian composer. The location (3 km north of Cernobbio, between the famous Villa d'Este hotel and the villa owned by actor George Clooney) is within walking distance of a variety of shops and restaurants, therefore it could be suitable if you travel without a car. The closest train station is in Como, just 10 minutes away; you can be in Milan or cross the border to Lugano, Switzerland, in just 30 minutes.
Our Guests Reviews
11-07-2015: D.A. Usa
Our stay at the villa has been spectacular! The accommodations were just perfect for our two families! The layout of the house enabled us to have one entire family on the ground floor and the other on the upper floor so no children had to be separated from their siblings or parents :-). The on-site caretakers made certain that we had our privacy while on the property and yet there always seemed to be someone from the staff around just when we needed assistance or guidance. While the property's caretakers speak little English, they are warm and delightful! The household staff that came in daily to tidy up were lovely and their English was quite good so that we were able to ask for guidance as needed. With 5 active boys in total we wanted to make certain that they had plenty of outdoor space for activities. And they could not have been happier! The pool is not only heated (a rarity there :-) but beautifully maintained. The boys played soccer to their hearts content as there are multiple levels of garden to do so. The cave 'system' under the property is wonderful, not only for hide and seek but for simply navigating from upper property to lower. The tiered grounds/gardens are impeccably maintained and simply stunning! And our special dinner was "perfecto" from beginning to end! The chef's timeliness, preparation and care made for a superb dinner/evening. A wonderful way to celebrate my 50th! Thanks so much! We hope to be back on our next trip to Lake Como. D.A.
HOLIDAY HOME AMENITIES
- Pool: 7 x 14m / shared with owners
- Air conditioning on the upper floor (the ground floor remains cool and fans are available)
- Internet WIFI connection
- Satellite TV (with CNN)
- Mobile and fixed telephones
- Fridge with freezer and ice maker
- Stove with oven
- American coffee maker
- Washing machine and dryer
- Private garden in front of the house
- Use of the historic Italian gardens
- Use of the private lake access
Restaurant, bar, shops, bus stop 800 m
Cernobbio 3 km
Como 12 km
Tremezzo 21 km
Bellaggio 22 km + 15 min ferry
Menaggio 26 km
Milan 60 km
Please note: the Google Maps are only approximative, the exact address will be given after finalized booking.
Choose your holiday home
The house is decorated with antiques and elegant Italian designer furniture. The kitchen is large, modern and airy with every imaginable amenity. The kitchen units are an elegant stainless steel and in the center is an antique Tuscan eating table. The house has two beautiful fireplaces: one is in the living room which looks out over the lake and the other is in one of the bedroom suites. The living room has gorgeous lake views. Elevated from the living room is the lovely dining room which also enjoys beautiful views of the lake, it has a table that seats 10 comfortably and has direct access to the kitchen. The house features six bedrooms and four bathrooms. The house is laid out on two floors, both floors have garden access.
Upper floor equipped with air conditioning:
Sleeps 5 people / 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 2 guest bathrooms
- Living room with fireplace
- Dining room
- 1 master bedroom (only double) with en suite bathroom (with bathtub and separate shower)
- 1 bedroom with two single beds
- 1 single bedroom with a French bed; this single bedroom can be accessed or through the kitchen or through the garden*
- 1 bathroom (with bathtub and separate shower)
- 2 guest bathrooms
Ground floor equipped with fans:
Sleeps 6 people / 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- 1 double bedroom (only double) with en suite bathroom (with bathtub and handheld shower)
- 1 double bedroom (only double); this bedroom is connected via sliding doors to the twin bedroom mentioned below
- 1 twin bedroom with two single beds (each bed 1.10 m wide)*
- 1 bathroom (with shower)
- 1 laundry room
* Please note:
The single bedroom on the upper floor which can be accessed only through the kitchen or through the garden, is simpler than the other bedrooms and best suitable for a nanny or a child.
Two of the ground floor bedrooms (the double and the twin) are separated by a sliding door, therefore they are not totally private (altthough they have their own entrance each).
Weekly rates in €
|Bella Dépendance||01 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018
10+1 PAX 10
|17500 EUR €||Calendar||Request BookingBella Dépendance|
Please complete the following form so that we can provide fast service in checking availability.
All fields marked with * are required.
- Click the green Submit button below to send your inquiry.
- If the villa/apartment is available, you can make your reservation after having received our response.
- Please also read How To Make A Reservation.
PLEASE NOTE: Bella Dependance is only available to those who rent the main villa, Como Nobile, also featured in our portfolio. If we still have availability on a last minute basis or if someone wants the Bella Dependance rental in the off-season, then we would be happy to offer it. Please enquire with us.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens changed every third day
- Pool towels
- Air conditioning on the upper floor
- Internet WIFI connection
- Daily maid service from 10 am - 12 noon (except on Sundays)
- Final cleaning
- Pool cleaning
- Garden maintenance
- Telephone: only local calls possible.
EUR 1500 cash deposit are due on arrival.
SERVICE ON REQUEST (please enquire with us when booking)
- Additional maid service
- Cooking services
- Long distance phone
- Boat tours
- Reservations are not limited to rental periods from Saturday to Saturday. Minimum 7 days.
- Pool opening dates: June 1st - September 30th
- For more than 3 children, please enquire.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Upon request and approval of the owner a late arrival is possible between 7 and 9 pm for an extra fee of EUR 50.
- Please note: the owner has requested that you sign a special contract, please ask for this document when booking.
Historic lakefront villa on the shore, close to the famous Hotel Villa d'Este, walk to the village!
- Sleeps 16+1 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 (+1) Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 7 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 600 m2 m2
Historic villa on the shore, a five-minute stroll from Como's central piazza
- Sleeps 16+1/23 Guests
- Bedrooms 8/11 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 8/10 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 3600 m2 m2
Spacious 19th-century villa in a romantic setting
- Sleeps 16+4 Guests
- Bedrooms 8 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 8+2 WC Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 500 m2 m2
Luxury villa with pool, dock, tennis court and a private 9-hole golf course
- Sleeps 8/10 Guests
- Bedrooms 4/5 Bedrooms
- Bathrooms 4/5 Bathrooms
- Floor area sq m 350 m2 m2